902 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Hurryupnwait said:

Should terms and conditions or an email for a social media site be brought with other paperwork to the interview stating the site is not an IMB?

If they have any questions about a site being  an IMB site they usually ask for that in the form of an RFE during the initial  K1 approval phase, so if you get through that and receive your NOA2 likely you are good to go for the interview phase. However it pays to be prepared, I'd gather those  documents and have them ready if they ask.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Filed my I-129F July 31. The old USCIS site says my case was approved as of January 8, 2019! However, the new USCIS site doesn't say anything yet.

Perhaps it's taking them a little longer to update?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, jschob88 said:

Filed my I-129F July 31. The old USCIS site says my case was approved as of January 8, 2019! However, the new USCIS site doesn't say anything yet.

Perhaps it's taking them a little longer to update?

It's not at all uncommon for approvals to show up initially on only one site, or even for the paper NOA2 to show up before any web sites are updated (if they're updated at all).

What happened for us was - first notification was via Informed Delivery for the print NOA2, then the 'new' web site, then the old web site a few days later. But don't worry or be surprised if your case is only ever updated on one web site; that's happened to lots of people, and the only thing that everyone always gets with an approval is the print NOA2 (at least, unless USPS loses your mail).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

18 minutes ago, Izzy12 said:

Hi we got our case number  tru call. Can we proceed to medical ? Or we need to wait for the letter ? Thank you

What’s ur NOA2 date ?  still waiting for ours. 

Edited by ujones

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
7 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

It's not at all uncommon for approvals to show up initially on only one site, or even for the paper NOA2 to show up before any web sites are updated (if they're updated at all).

What happened for us was - first notification was via Informed Delivery for the print NOA2, then the 'new' web site, then the old web site a few days later. But don't worry or be surprised if your case is only ever updated on one web site; that's happened to lots of people, and the only thing that everyone always gets with an approval is the print NOA2 (at least, unless USPS loses your mail).

Great, thanks! Figured that was the case.

I'll wait until I have the physical NOA2 in hand before we proceed. Never know what can happen!

Timeline
13 hours ago, JDGrant said:

I have started just sharing the "approval" steps with friends/family because they just don't understand the process. So ever so often I say "yea we got through Step 2"  or "Yep, we passed step 3" and then they can share the excitement because they have no idea what I am talking about.  But trying to explain the interim frustration is pointless to those that don't "get it".

Hang in there!!

Right!!! I started to try to do the same to share the excitement. We are so close - can’t wait to be done and start living our life together!! Ugh I love him so much and it’s crazy how long all of this takes. I’m sure you all feel the same :)

Timeline
On 1/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, PandT said:

Very true.  When I tried to explain to my sister how frustrated I was getting, she said I was giving her a headache & that I should exercise more patience.  I decided that I would only share with my VJ family.  I am grateful that we have each other to lean on.  There are some pretty good people on this forum.

I get so mad when ppl tell me to be patient ... uhmmmm you try being away from your fiancé for 3-8+ months at a time and see how far patience goes. I just want to hug him! And he’s in a country that Americans can’t even get a visa so it’s not like it’s easy to hang out. I’m so glad I have you all - it’s  been a godsend. I’m def organizing a get together once we all get approved 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

If they have any questions about a site being  an IMB site they usually ask for that in the form of an RFE during the initial  K1 approval phase, so if you get through that and receive your NOA2 likely you are good to go for the interview phase. However it pays to be prepared, I'd gather those  documents and have them ready if they ask.

Ahh okay!

Thanks for the advice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everyone! Been a silent reader for the past few months. Just wanna say we received our NOA2 yesterday 10 Jan (I'm the beneficiary). Fiance texted me at an ungodly hour i.e. 4am Malaysian time to update me. What ensued was a shriek that woke up the cat. 

The NOA2 came a bit quicker than we expected as we received a RFE on 26 Dec & CSC received our response on 7 Jan. I'd say a 3-day deliberation is an indication that CSC is indeed picking up the pace. 

Anyone knows what the process/estimated timeline is for Malaysia in particular? 

All the best everyone! Wishing you a speedy approval & smooth sailing process! Sending lotsa love your way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 11:22 PM, Hurryupnwait said:

I received my RFE letter today and it was just what i thought they wanted another copy of my divorce decree because the copy they received was not clear or legible. So i sent an original copy back lol like 15 min after i got it in the mail.

•  

Noa1 July18th

RFE Jan 3rd

Response received Jan 10th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.