aamirnicole

Online Marriage

54 posts in this topic

Personally we got married by proxy and we got my IR visa with no problem. But our situation is different because we were living together here in Italy where he is stationed with the military at the time we did the proxy. And we went for the proxy marriage just because he couldn't take time off of work due to deployments.

so I would assume that proxy marriages are fine as long as the marriage is consumed.

i would also assume that Pakistan is a harder embassy to go through than Italy so think carefully before making your final decision.

you can also postpone the wedding to when you will have a Pakistan tourist visa. In the meantime keep collecting proof of your on line convos and whatnot. 

Good luck :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My husband and I had nikkah certificate and legal (it took place in city hall) marriage certificate. Our nikkah certificate was totally useless in immigration process. Also I was questioned why we got married on first visit after 2 years of online relationship. We had 3 visits, tones of pics with family members, 3 big folders of chat history, post receipts, screenshots of social media accounts, same age, same religion and same education degree. Imagine how tough it can be just being married with 0 visit. Interracial and international marriage is difficult by itself. Take your time, search, meet in person and then get married. 

As far as i know for getting married legally in Dubai one of the parties should be resident there or at least has work visa. 

Read this link please:

http://dubai.ae/en/Lists/Articles/DispForm.aspx?ID=23&category=Citizens

We got married in Turkey. I believe Turkey and Georgia are the closest countries to Pakistan for international marriage. 

This link has information about getting married in Malaysia:

http://www.wonderfulmalaysia.com/faq/getting-married-malaysia.htm

Good luck 

Edited by NBA16

7 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

He will have a visit Visa for Dubai he can still Marry me in Dubai and we can apply for Spousal? Because I thought if he had a Visit Visa the Visa for SPousal to US has to be issued from where the Marriage took place?

You can't get married in Dubai unless one of you has a Dubai Resident Visa.  

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My thought for the OP, I know meeting someone online and see you have things in common is great. I met my now husband that way but we did not marry the first time we met and we had been talking online for like 2 years. None of us wanted to rush nothing. In his 3rd visit we started talking about marriage, etc. We wanted to do the wedding in my home country but the waiting time at the courthouse was of 30 days but he could not stay longer than 2 weeks so we opted for the K1 visa instead. 

Probably your situation does not allow you to visit this person many times but you probably do not want to marry someone you never met in person. Marriage is a serious thing. Get to know this person better, get more evidence, pictures. Meet his family if possible, etc. Then your case will look stronger in the eyes of immigration. If you marry right there in your first visit, I think there is 98% of being denied.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

So... Does anyone know if we do meet in Dubai because thats the easiest way considering he can easily get a visit visa for Dubai and I dont require a visa for Dubai and we get Married in Dubai via Nikkah its legal to then apply for Spousal Visa with him still being a Pakistan citizen and me being a US Citizen and Dubai was just the location we met and Married in? ;)

You may want to go to Seychelles, it is a common place for people to get married and I understand they do a lot of weddings for people from UAE, Dubai..... etc, I understand it is much easier in Seychelles for a marriage, than those countries.   The only requirement is being in Seychelles 24 hours and is legally recognized in the USA.

Best Wishes.....

http://www.beenbiz.com/imagethesaurus/forbans/SeychellesWedding_LegalRequirements.pdf

http://www.wedding-in-seychelles.com/required-documents-for-civil-wedding/

Edited by Mrs.C.M.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

No not physically together online Long Distance Relationship. We met online in January. We talk Daily via video, call, messaging, pictures.

@aamirnicole, have you met your fiancé in person yet? If you haven’t, either plan (online marriage or married on first meeting) will not go over well with the embassy. Those are both big red flags. 

Unfortunately since you’re dealing with a difficult embassy, you have to go above and beyond to prove your relationship. The best way to do this is time spent together...multiple trips and if possible long periods of time. I know it’s expensive and will delay things, but it is necessary to get through the immigration process. (Believe me I spent 2 years and 2 Visa attempts to get my husband here from Ghana.) 

9 hours ago, EDurevic said:

Nikkah wedding is a Muslim ceremony, it is not valid in US. Only I believe in New york and New jersey. That wedding is a religious only Muslims get married that way. Its valid by god but not in US so thats exactly what I mean 👌🏻

Nikkah wedding doesn't mean that there is no paperwork involve. In our country (Bangladesh), only certified people can perform nikkah wedding and you get proper paperwork as a proof of wedding which is called  " Nikkahnama"  (almost similar like marriage certificate). Only thing is you have to translate in English.

Edited by mrahman14

10 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

My Fiance is a Pakistan Citizen and resides in Pakistan. I am a US Citizen and reside in the US. We have been together for over 8 months. I recently applied for a Pakistan Visa so we could Marry and spend time together for 30 days in Pakistan where he lives. I was denied my visit Visa with no reason other than the Visa Officer was not satisfied with my application. We got the idea that we may be able to Marry via Online Nikkah service via Skype of coarse with Him being in Pakistan and myself here in the US. All documents would be legal and official. We then wanted to meet in Dubai since we are having a hard time getting approval for visit Visas. Then when I return back to the US I could begin the Spousal Visa application to get him here to the US. Does anyone have any advice on this or experience with online Marriage with applications? Anyone know if this would be acceptable along with evidence of a bon afide Marriage? Or anyone have any suggestions? Very much appreciated. I wont take no for an answer he is my everything! If there a will there is a way!

I agree with others on this that making such a huge decision about a person whom you did not meet in person is a very bad idea.Why don't you meet him in a third country (Dubai or another other country) and spend some quality time and make sure that he is the right person for you.Then you guys can get engaged there and apply for K1 (Fiancé Visa) and get married in USA

Edited by mrahman14

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

My Fiance is a Pakistan Citizen and resides in Pakistan. I am a US Citizen and reside in the US. We have been together for over 8 months. I recently applied for a Pakistan Visa so we could Marry and spend time together for 30 days in Pakistan where he lives. I was denied my visit Visa with no reason other than the Visa Officer was not satisfied with my application. We got the idea that we may be able to Marry via Online Nikkah service via Skype of coarse with Him being in Pakistan and myself here in the US. All documents would be legal and official. We then wanted to meet in Dubai since we are having a hard time getting approval for visit Visas. Then when I return back to the US I could begin the Spousal Visa application to get him here to the US. Does anyone have any advice on this or experience with online Marriage with applications? Anyone know if this would be acceptable along with evidence of a bon afide Marriage? Or anyone have any suggestions? Very much appreciated. I wont take no for an answer he is my everything! If there a will there is a way!

Proxy marriages are hard to satisfy USCIS. Trust me, when I was brain dead several years ago, and exhausted all hope of marriage in France, my ex and I married proxy, after 9 months of processing at USCIS we were finally approved, not even pics of me holding up a French newspaper with my ex showing date on paper after our proxy marriage satisfied USCIS at first.    Don't do it. It was the biggest mistake of my life. Marry the normal way, face to face.

Even though I had several trips to France to be with him, it was a mistake, and even with those trips being with him, USCIS still doubted our marriage. 

My two cents, don't marry someone you have not spent physically face to face time with, internet don't show true character of the person.

Go to Dubai, spend time with him, and if it feels right, apply for a K1 visa. Then you still have 90 days to marry, get to know him first.

Wishing you the best.

Beth

Formally Paris Heart.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Can y'all meet in Dubai? There are many Pakistanis in Dubai , I suppose it shouldnt be too difficult for him to meet up there with you.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

A marriage certificate isn't a substitute for in-person interaction.   I think it would instead highlight the fact you haven't interacted in person.  They really look at how well you knew each other before marriage and what interaction you've had since.  To be perfectly honest, and not even passing judgement since I don't know you, but your case sounds very weak.  Interaction before is zero.  Zero marriage contact.  Zero contact after...0 + 0 + 0 = 0.

I don't understand all of the people saying the marriage must be consummated...I don't remember seeing that in the paperwork/instructions I filled out for the CR1 visa, or don't know if there's some documentation for it you're supposed to turn in.

1 minute ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

I don't understand all of the people saying the marriage must be consummated...I don't remember seeing that in the paperwork/instructions I filled out for the CR1 visa, or don't know if there's some documentation for it you're supposed to turn in.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-3481/0-0-0-4484.html

(A) Proxy Marriages .

Section 101(a)(35) of the Act provides that the term "spouse", "wife", or "husband" does not include a spouse, wife, or husband by reason of any marriage ceremony where the contracting parties thereto are not physically present in the presence of each other, unless the marriage has been consummated. (Note: Consummation of a marriage can only occur after the ceremony, there is no such thing as “pre-consummation” of a marriage.)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.