aamirnicole

Online Marriage

54 posts in this topic

My Fiance is a Pakistan Citizen and resides in Pakistan. I am a US Citizen and reside in the US. We have been together for over 8 months. I recently applied for a Pakistan Visa so we could Marry and spend time together for 30 days in Pakistan where he lives. I was denied my visit Visa with no reason other than the Visa Officer was not satisfied with my application. We got the idea that we may be able to Marry via Online Nikkah service via Skype of coarse with Him being in Pakistan and myself here in the US. All documents would be legal and official. We then wanted to meet in Dubai since we are having a hard time getting approval for visit Visas. Then when I return back to the US I could begin the Spousal Visa application to get him here to the US. Does anyone have any advice on this or experience with online Marriage with applications? Anyone know if this would be acceptable along with evidence of a bon afide Marriage? Or anyone have any suggestions? Very much appreciated. I wont take no for an answer he is my everything! If there a will there is a way!

Marriage would need to be consummated to be valid for immigration - so you still need to meet somewhere. Sri Lanka has nice beaches. 

Honestly, only proxy marriage story I remember on VJ ended being quite a drama.  Search function should bring it up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

I read before about somebody being married online. No you actually have to meet in person and get married. Nikkah wedding is not Acceptable its not valid. In front of Allah is valid but not the legal way, I got married that way 10 days before we really did it the right way. Also if you do get married outside US all of your papers have to be translated. All of my papers were and they all had apostille stamp which cost me 50 euros per stamp. My paper from Miami court house was not valid that I was not married so I can get married to my husband. So we had to go to US embassy in Belgrade pay there around 60 dollars so they can give me right document stating that I am not married or was!!! But again even with that paper from US embassy with their stamp,I had to get it stamped somewhere else with a different stamp. 

What do u mean nikkah wedding is not valid ? 

Nikkah wedding in person is valid i am sure. 

Anyways .. OP i recommend you dont do online wedding. High risk of denial and its not worth it. Already its taking a year plus to get approved and get spouse visa. Do you want to wait 1 year and likely get denied ? 

Not worth it dont do it 

Meet in a 3rd country dubai or something.. do a proper nikkah with few family members n stuff.. also go for honeymoon and attach all the proof when u file the application 

Good luck 

Timeline
1 minute ago, EDurevic said:

Nikkah wedding is a Muslim ceremony, it is not valid in US. Only I believe in New york and New jersey. That wedding is a religious only Muslims get married that way. Its valid by god but not in US so thats exactly what I mean 👌🏻

USCIS accepts nikkahnamma as a proof of marriage from pakistan. Nikkahnamma is genereted on a nikkah wedding. 

For muslims nikkah is the official marriage and is accepted by USCIS. It says clearly on their website that they require nikkahnamma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Where have you been together for 8 months? Can you not get married there?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, EDurevic said:

Do you even know what Nikkah wedding is? Its a contract between husband and wife so they can step in sexual relationship, because no Muslim person should have sex before marriage. I never seen on USCIS website and I am pretty sure if that was the case alottttt of people would have done. 

U have ur information twisted.. 

Read below 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/PK.html

N btw ur concept of nikkah wedding is totally incorrect... 

Good luck op

So... Does anyone know if we do meet in Dubai because thats the easiest way considering he can easily get a visit visa for Dubai and I dont require a visa for Dubai and we get Married in Dubai via Nikkah its legal to then apply for Spousal Visa with him still being a Pakistan citizen and me being a US Citizen and Dubai was just the location we met and Married in? ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
2 hours ago, aamirnicole said:

My Fiance is a Pakistan Citizen and resides in Pakistan. I am a US Citizen and reside in the US. We have been together for over 8 months. I recently applied for a Pakistan Visa so we could Marry and spend time together for 30 days in Pakistan where he lives. I was denied my visit Visa with no reason other than the Visa Officer was not satisfied with my application. We got the idea that we may be able to Marry via Online Nikkah service via Skype of coarse with Him being in Pakistan and myself here in the US. All documents would be legal and official. We then wanted to meet in Dubai since we are having a hard time getting approval for visit Visas. Then when I return back to the US I could begin the Spousal Visa application to get him here to the US. Does anyone have any advice on this or experience with online Marriage with applications? Anyone know if this would be acceptable along with evidence of a bon afide Marriage? Or anyone have any suggestions? Very much appreciated. I wont take no for an answer he is my everything! If there a will there is a way!

guys have given a great answer to you and i cant add anything more.  Just wanted to let you know that "Immigration is not your right but benefits and you have to play by US Gov rules." Marrying a USC doesn't grant you visa automatically 

we here at VJ believe in love and true love always win. Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is hard to say anything. The approval rate depends on other factors too. like:

If you are a non-muslim, you first have to convert before nikah.

Even if you marry the legal way(court marriage), even then you do have to do Nikah to make it valid.

Age difference,

previous marriages.

Previous visa applications.

Anyways, my advice is:

First meet him at least two times in person.

On your second or third visit go do marriage in Dubai  or any other country.

Then Apply for IR1.

My belief is if you guys are really in love, no boundaries can separate you. Sooner or later you'll get it. Best of luck.

Edited by DeepInLove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.