Josh or

New in America how can I get medical support

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Moving Here and Your New LIfe, from IR1/CR1 P&P - the OP is asking about health insurance~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Does your spouse work? Did they add you to their health insurance? This should cover most of the costs for the exam.

Also check if the insurance has different coverage for in-network providers vs. out of network providers. They will be able to let you know this, just call them. 

Edited by Daphne .

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

34 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

Does your spouse work? Did they add you to their health insurance? This should cover most of the costs for the exam.

Also check if the insurance has different coverage for in-network providers vs. out of network providers. They will be able to let you know this, just call them. 

Okay. But my wife don't work, and she didn't add me to her health insurance. 

8 minutes ago, Josh or said:

In that case, it’s best to try to find the funds to pay for the exam and to find a job as soon as possible so you’ll have health insurance. 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Josh or said:

Your wife signed an affidavit of support. This is part of that support 

40 minutes ago, Josh or said:

Why not? Welcome to the US, here free health is a dream! You need a lot of money or a job that provide you a health insurance and you will still pay part of the exams, medication and etc. 

Did you already filled for divorce? Because in your last post you said that your wife is with another man.

Did you went to the police because of the Gun threatening and all this?

The best way for you is apply for a job and try to get one that offers health insurance.

Good luck 

Edited by PaulaCJohnny

42 minutes ago, Josh or said:

Who sponsored you?  

Why can you not work?

You will not qualify for means-tested benefits.  Suggest you focus on getting a job that offers health insurance benefits.

Strange that you did not consider these things further when you inquired about coming over back in July.  

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Josh or said:

But if she has health insurance, ask her to add you ASAP.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Josh or said:

Hello everyone. 

Pleas I'm new in America, i came with cr1 immigrant visa. I have hard hearing and need to see a doctor  to have me exam. Meanwhile I don't have any money yet as have not been able ro work. Pleas how can I go about it to get a medical support? Which type hospital or what do I have to do?. 

Josh, I know you've had a rough ride on your road to America but you did little to no research before coming here. Health care is not free here and you are not eligible for free anything because of the I-864 your "wife" signed. 

57 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

But if she has health insurance, ask her to add you ASAP.

Not that easy, read his back story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Everyone is hiring

posters everywhere i look saying Help wanted,   jobs available

In  my area the big companies (warehouse and factory  work) are offering sign on bonuses and immediate coverage for health care insurance

fast food places are posting starting pay at $14 and $15 an hour 

get out there ,  get work

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Everyone is hiring

posters everywhere i look saying Help wanted,   jobs available

In  my area the big companies (warehouse and factory  work) are offering sign on bonuses and immediate coverage for health care insurance

fast food places are posting starting pay at $14 and $15 an hour 

get out there ,  get work

I agree, There are more jobs right now available then I have seen in my life. Not a day goes by I don't get a call from a recruiter asking me to come work for their company. sign on bonus was small a year ago at 2000-3000 dollars, now not one has been under 10000. 5 now, 5 in 6 months usually. If I didn't have almost 20 years in at my current employer, I would have bailed a while ago. Unless your in a really small town with no infrastructure, jobs should be plentiful.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 9/30/2022 at 10:48 PM, Daphne . said:

Spouse left him even before he came to the US. He managed to get here with a CR-1. Wife left with another guy 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.