needhelpnow999

My husband is threatening to revoke my permanent residency

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, chi6488 said:

we are all entitle to our opinions

You didn't give an opinion. You gave terrible advice to someone already vulnerable.

If OP was your sister, would you tell her what you just said? "Risk being hurt one more time". You know that that time can be the last one, don't you?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, chi6488 said:

She doesn't have to play the victim she is a victim.  Slamming her arm and having a gun to her head are two different things. 

She can either do nothing and he has the upper hand.  Risk being hurt one more time, call the cops and he is booted from home.  She then files divorce, battered spouse and this helps her with divorce and immigration. 

She has to decide to either be a victim with no benefits or be a victim and has the upper hand.

we are all entitle to our opinions

This is such dangerous advice! You're encouraging her to put herself in harm's way! He does not have the upper hand. Law enforcement takes these cases seriously.  BTW, that violence escalates is not an "opinion". That a victim of domestic violence is in terrible danger is not an "opinion".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, needhelpnow999 said:

Regardless of everything I care about my husband and I would not do that to him. Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate the support so much. 

U need to face the facts and understand the following:

1. you may care about him and love him BUT he no longer feels the same about u

2. women/even men have been seriously hurt by people they love

3.  sending u a link to what happened to a Moroccan woman who loved her husband and wanted to work on the marriage and wouldn't stay in shelter like we all told her to

https://clarksvillenow.com/local/hamid-houbbadi-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-plus-12-years-for-murder-of-estranged-wife/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, needhelpnow999 said:

I became a conditional permanent resident in January, my husband and I went to the interview together and it went well. I love my husband but we have been going through a difficult time, tonight something happened and my husband said he wants to divorce and also told me he will “revoke my permanent residency”. I do not want to divorce and I am hoping we will be able to solve the issue, however I am unsure now as I have not been able to talk to him yet. 

I love my husband as I mentioned, I have given up everything to be with him and now I’m finally getting my life started here in the US after leaving my home country in the EU. 

I entered the marriage in good faith, but in case things did not go well, is it possible he could revoke my permanent residency? It seems his family is suggesting this.

I am at loss, I feel devastated. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Don’t even worry about that . I’m the example I just got my citizenship last month after went through the same situation. Take a deep breath and just chill . Everything happen for a good reason he doesn’t deserve you 

It's really sad that you leave everything for this abuser and get treated like (removed),, but please document everything that he does the next time he hurts you call the police and get his sorry ### arrested that way you have all the proof against him, screw his family too

Edited by Ontarkie
by-passing language filter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think you already got the gist of the story. Please document discreetly any attempt to injure you (take pictures) AND emotionally bully you (write down what he said with time and location). Be aware the emotional bullying can be subtle, it’s rarely “I’ll kill you” but more like preventing you to visit friends, removing phone privileges, giving you orders, limiting your bank accounts/ATM card access,…

I’m wondering if you met his family already because it’s a huge red flag if not. 
You can do searches online about him, about his criminal history because that kind of attitude is usually not a one-time thing.

At this point the green card thing is the last thing you should worry about because you’re in charge there. Take care of your home situation first… Good luck and please stay safe!

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: Timeline

A former friend of my wife had something similar happen to her. She was here visiting a friend on a tourist visa. She met and married some guy working on the friends pool. He refused to file the paperwork for her to get her green card. He beat her up. She left and went to a womens shelter. They helped her file the appropriate paperwork and eventually she got her GC. There are legal provisions to protect her if the citizen wont follow thru

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Administrative action has been applied to one poster's account for these Terms of Service violations:

1.  Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.
2.  Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.
3.  Attempt to bypass the Forums language filter through the use of alternative characters to spell profanities [...].

The OP has otherwise received excellent advice in this thread.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Get out the house, run fast and never look back.

On 4/23/2022 at 9:13 PM, needhelpnow999 said:

We have both made mistakes, however tonight he got my phone and shattered it. I was also trying to talk to him and he went into the bathroom and closed my arm between the door and the wall. I am very heartbroken, I love my husband and I understand I have done mistakes as well, however I am not sure if he could do anything. His family seems to be now against me, it seems they suggested to do this. 

Call the police if he gets your phone or hurt you or threat you. Safety first, leave the house of threat at once..., been there done that -- with abusive American husband and mother in law. If you don't have place to go, find shelter. With your green card you can work, do not depend on your spouse. For those who is doing this, get yourself your own money and debit card. Again, go to safe place first. Do not worry, as green card holder, you have the right...I was in your place so I stayed with abusive husband and father to my child till I become US citizen for same fear you probably experiencing -- that fear to be separated with my child -- it was manipulation. Take care of yourself. 

1 hour ago, nene2go said:

Get out the house, run fast and never look back.

Call the police if he gets your phone or hurt you or threat you. Safety first, leave the house of threat at once..., been there done that -- with abusive American husband and mother in law. If you don't have place to go, find shelter. With your green card you can work, do not depend on your spouse. For those who is doing this, get yourself your own money and debit card. Again, go to safe place first. Do not worry, as green card holder, you have the right...I was in your place so I stayed with abusive husband and father to my child till I become US citizen for same fear you probably experiencing -- that fear to be separated with my child -- it was manipulation. Take care of yourself. 

So glad you got out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please stay safe!  I agree and just want to add my voice to all the other replies.  Sorry if this is redundant. 

What your husband is doing is domestic violence / abuse, and it's not legal!  Get yourself to safety, please!  Women's shelter, police, friend/relative (though you may not have too many here in the US). 

Once you are safe, you may try to go to counseling with your husband.  It's possible for the situation to change, but safety has to be established first. 

And don't worry about the green card.  Your husband can't kick you out of the country.  Only the government can do that! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.