Jesserose24

Vaccine Exemption for Philosophical Reasons

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/waivers-health-based-inadmissibility-us-green-card-applicants.html

Applying for a Waiver of the Vaccination Requirement

If you object, on the basis or religious or moral reasons, to receiving any and all vaccinations, you may apply for a waiver of the vaccination requirements. (You cannot pick and choose, objecting to only one or a few vaccinations.)

Your immigration medical examination will include a review of your vaccination record. For any of the possible required vaccinations, the physician would ordinarily either give you a vaccination or decide that the vaccination is not medically appropriate. Inform your examining physician if you are requesting a waiver based on your religious or moral beliefs. If you don’t, the doctor might try and give you whichever vaccinations he or she deems medically appropriate. (Note that the doctor does not make the final decision on the waiver; and if the immigration authorities deny your request, they may require you to either get those vaccinations done later, or give up your application for a green card.)

To apply for the vaccinations waiver, you will need to submit Form I-601 along with your green card application, and include evidence that you are against vaccinations in any form, that your objection is based on religious beliefs or moral convictions, and that your religious or moral beliefs are sincere.

Evidence may include letters of support from religious leaders of your faith and others in the community who share your beliefs, and references to religious scripts and doctrines, articles, and academic studies describing your religious or moral convictions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So how was my reply absolutely incorrect? I was pretty sure my memory was not faulty but did a quick google to check.

I have seen very few on here and the last one was a very long time ago. From memory they decided they did not want to go through the extra delay. But I certainly do not see everything.

I have asked one of our friendly Mods to move your post to the Waiver forum where it is more likely to be seen by others in a similar situation.

While impossible to find on the mobile site, on my laptop I have up directions which indicate I can bring a declaration to the interview, it's listed under the recommended vaccines. Again, desperately looking to speak to someone who has actually done this, not someone who can read everything I have already read.

Edited by Jesserose24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jesserose24 said:

I asked them not to comment

This is the violation.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Not getting the answer you want is not a good way to ask for advice, especially from an experienced member. Your visa journey has just begun. It would be wise if you were to slow down and listen to what others say that may help you. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Best of luck in your journey. 

I'm not sure what sacrifices your referring to. As I said, I will not get in to a back and forth with anyone about vaccines. And I was quite clear that I wanted to connect with someone who's been theough the moral or religious exemption. I can Google much information myself and already have. I didn't come here to get any other information than this. I was specific in my request. It's not that I 'didnt get an answer I wanted', I didn't get an answer. My question was to connect with someone who HAD denied additional vaccines. That person didnt mean reply. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.