devusr

I129F denied due to 2 year meeting requirement, next steps for person with flying phobia? (merged)

161 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Based on what I'm reading, find a way to get there and stay for at least three months.  Marry while you're there.  Joint banking is not necessary but if you can do it fine.  Your strongest evidence of a bona fide relationship will be the evidence of time spent together in person.  With three months or more together, you don't need any other relationship evidence at all, but should provide some photos together.

Grasping at straws and trying to get around requirements is a total waste of time.  Evidence of financial support to the foreigner is also meaningless, at best and counts against your bona fides, at worst.  

Concentrate on getting there, marry and stay a while.  Sounds like you can.  If you need a tranquilizer to fly, make that arrangement.  If you can't get there and spend some time together, you are never going to be together in the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

26 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Have you looked into hypnotism? 

At first I thought you meant this as treatment for his spending $30k on a woman he’s never met. 

But for fear of flying it’s a great suggestion. Many airlines hold programmes for fear of flying where they teach you various breathing and focusing techniques to overcome it. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, JFH said:

At first I thought you meant this as treatment for his spending $30k on a woman he’s never met. 

But for fear of flying it’s a great suggestion. Many airlines hold programmes for fear of flying where they teach you various breathing and focusing techniques to overcome it. 

That was my thought as well.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 hours ago, devusr said:

Even if we do get married in Sri Lanka, they want proof of a "bonafide" marriage. The certificate acknowledged by a sovereign nation like Sri lanka should be more than enough!! So it seems nothing is really guaranteed. It's really ridiculous.

It seems the good honest people are the ones that are always punished.

You need to research what the DOS considers to be a bonafide marriage.  It goes wayyyy beyond a marriage certificate.

5 hours ago, devusr said:

We had documented all these in the I-129F but still it got denied. I feel that this process is just treating people as a bunch of numbers on a chart.....it takes the "human" aspect of reasoning and common sense out of it.

Documented the gifts?  But why?  None of that is required or favorable for you case.

And its not just numbers, but the in-person requirement for meeting is non-negotiable.  Deal with it.

7 hours ago, devusr said:

So it seems nothing is really guaranteed.

Correct.  US immigration is not a right, or guaranteed at all.  The only right is for USCs and LPRs to petition family members or fiances per the laws.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, devusr said:

It's 55 laks...price of a new Hyundai car there. Do you know how much jewellery costs at Vogue Jewelers? I bought her the best. I also sent "organic" food, that costs around $1200-2000 USD each time. Fully furnished a 2 room rental from scratch with brand new A/C units......I guess I'm not allowed to do that? What kind of ridiculousness has the world come to.

It’s not that you aren’t allowed to do that. It’s that it looks suspicious (regarding immigration) that you sent a woman you never met a ridiculous amount of money and then didn’t meet the basic guideline for a k1. Now Getting married on the first visit and sending her an enormous amount of money are also red flags. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

4 hours ago, Boiler said:

I have been to Sri Lanka.

That is a LOT of money.

Red flags flying. Tales of the Green Card?

Totally.  Where is @Lucky Cat?

4 hours ago, devusr said:

It's 55 laks...price of a new Hyundai car there. Do you know how much jewellery costs at Vogue Jewelers? I bought her the best. I also sent "organic" food, that costs around $1200-2000 USD each time. Fully furnished a 2 room rental from scratch with brand new A/C units......I guess I'm not allowed to do that? What kind of ridiculousness has the world come to.

You're allowed to do whatever you want.  But expect to be scrutinized during the immigration process.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 hours ago, devusr said:

I just checked the flights from Sri Lanka to Nassau and most of them go through the US airport.

Does that mean they will need a US VISA???

Just a heads up before moving forward with this plan, the Bahamas aren't allowing Americans into the country right now because of COVID. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/07/20/american-tourists-are-banned-bahamas-coronavirus-cases-spike/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 9:07 PM, JFH said:

I agree with you its all looks like fairy tale a nd red red red red flag 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, Paul & Mary said:

You only had to meet her one time to get the USCIS I-129F approved.

I  meet my wife for the first time in person i got engaged n we meet 2 time after filling k1  n got denied after stoke interview  then meet again for two weeks got married  filled for i 130 now waiting for interview after marriage didnt meet due to covid19 n still worried.    People are talking about one time meeting .. !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.