dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2020

201 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how much approximate time NVC is taking to review RFE which were submitted again. It took 3 months for NVC to review my documents but unfortunately i got an RFE to submit W2s . Its been 1 month since i submitted those but haven't hear anything yet which is kind of frustrating. Btw i am in F2A Category so i know things are slow for us.

6 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Just to keep you updated, it finally worked! We had to leave it a few days and use the site like late at night US time (or rather my wife did, I'm in the UK) and it's finally worked! Thank you so much for your help. Your suggestion about bringing it to the interview was gonna be what we proposed to them on the phone if it still wasn't working, although I gotta say bringing my father in laws birth certificate around with me would have been a strange way around it. We've been finding the mail takes ages to get from the uk to the US and vice versa at the moment, so I gotta wonder if that way would have worked but damn, worth a shot to be home to my wife a little sooner.

Anyway, thank you again! I'll be hovering around this thread but best of luck with getting yourselves sorted too, and let me know if I can help you with anything too! :D

Congrats! Did you get DQ yet or still waiting for them to look over anything? Yeah, trusting the US mail system at the moment is a bit of a gamble - I mailed my husband some of the things he may need for the interview and it took nearly two weeks. Best of luck to you, hopefully I’ll see ya over on the Complete to Interview forum soon ☺️

Edited by delawhere

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vj USerrr said:

Does anyone know how much approximate time NVC is taking to review RFE which were submitted again. It took 3 months for NVC to review my documents but unfortunately i got an RFE to submit W2s . Its been 1 month since i submitted those but haven't hear anything yet which is kind of frustrating. Btw i am in F2A Category so i know things are slow for us.

I think I waited 9 weeks on resubmission to NVC. That was last January. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone.

My category is CR1, 1st submission was on May 30th and second on June 19th. I'm still waiting on my DQ and getting insane... Any thoughts? Is this abut luck o somehting? Hubby is USC, thanks.

-NSC-

Marriage: 02-14-2019♥

I-130 PD:  08-30-2019
NOA1: 09/05/2019

NOA2: 05/05/2020

NVC recieved: 05/06/2020

-Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 9:21 PM, trmalova said:

EXPEDITE APPPPPPRRRRRRRROOOVVEEDD!!!!!!

Submitted expedite on 6/19

Received fantastic news on 7/2!!!!

Reason for expediting: Emotional hardship and forced separation due to border closures from Covid. All our documents had been submitted when i applied for expedite.

On to the next phase!!!!!!! 

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet. Come on over to the case complete to Interview thread.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On 7/3/2020 at 9:48 AM, shapeshifter said:

DQ on 07/02/2020 

Congratulations. I added you to spreadsheet.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
On 7/1/2020 at 6:54 AM, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/742674-case-complete-to-interview-august-2020/

The topic started by you is regarding  IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports . 

Why only IR-1 / CR-1 . This point was raised last mpnth also without a convincing response . I thought that this anomaly will be corrected in future month . But is not done . 

On 7/1/2020 at 6:54 AM, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/742674-case-complete-to-interview-august-2020/

NVC Filers - July 2020 topic says that it is for IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Cases only . This anomaly was raised by me last month also but without any convincing reply . I thought this will be corrected next month in July 2020 . But now also it is repeating same confusion , which can be seen below -  

NVC Filers - July 2020.png

Edited by Gar9
Better communication

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gar9 said:

The topic started by you is regarding  IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports . 

Why only IR-1 / CR-1 . This point was raised last mpnth also without a convincing response . I thought that this anomaly will be corrected in future month . But is not done . 

NVC Filers - July 2020 topic says that it is for IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Cases only . This anomaly was raised by me last month also but without any convincing reply . I thought this will be corrected next month in July 2020 . But now also it is repeating same confusion , which can be seen below -  

Well, since it is posted under the sub-forum of Visa Journey titled

it is both accurate and appropriate.  You are free to start another thead under the applicable section for your type of visa.  I hope you find this reply both helpful and convincing.

Personally I don't want to wade through non IR/CR traffic on a thread that isn't relevant to me so I'm glad it is limited to the visas for this specific section of the forum.

Edited by Stein

We just got DQ'd in less than 24 hours after submitting civil documents!!!!

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Timeline
14 hours ago, Gar9 said:

NVC Filers - July 2020.png

Sorry it's where the topic is filed under. NVC filers is exactly that everyone that has to go through NVC for processing which is all Immigrant Visas this thread is for them. No confusion.
This thread has been since 2012.

What is it you need clarity on?

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
5 hours ago, B&ANZ said:

We just got DQ'd in less than 24 hours after submitting civil documents!!!!

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
1 hour ago, majm said:

We surprisingly received our DQ today, 7/8! Submitted everything on 6/28.

Both AOS and IV now show as "accepted" on CEAC. Good luck, everyone!

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.