dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2020

201 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, trmalova said:

EXPEDITE APPPPPPRRRRRRRROOOVVEEDD!!!!!!

Submitted expedite on 6/19

Received fantastic news on 7/2!!!!

Reason for expediting: Emotional hardship and forced separation due to border closures from Covid. All our documents had been submitted when i applied for expedite.

On to the next phase!!!!!!! 

AMAZING!!!

Congratulations :) Keep us posted 

12 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

We are in the home stretch indeed, silly that it's something as fickle as a slightly blurry birth certificate that's causing this hold up. We're now into day four of this error not letting us do anything... Surely there's something they can do to fix this? 😕

Wow, that’s a bit silly. I can’t even imagine, I was freaking out and it only took us the better part of a day to get it sorted. Have you attempted to get into the site from a different browser (chrome, Firefox, etc.)? It might be a system update, a bug, or just lousy luck. Either way, I’d ring up the NVC on Monday and ask them what they’d recommend. If you have the originals and would be willing to bring them to the interview, maybe you’d be able to skip the upload? I know that some people had to do this with the police clearance documentation if they weren’t able to get it due to Covid. I would definitely confirm this with someone at the NVC or embassy prior to going this route though, I’m by no means an expert. 

I’m wondering if anyone here that has been expedited can help me understand the process a bit better.
We submitted an expedite request to the NVC on Monday (on the grounds of medical and financial hardships) and have not heard back yet, but I want to make sure we are prepared if things work in our favour. I am aware that expedites are approved by the embassy where you will be interviewing. If the expedite request is approved, are you then responsible for scheduling your own interview? I’ve seen mention of people needing their interview letter to book their physical - is this true? I’d love to hear any other input or experience that people have had with this process. Thanks so much, I’m so glad to have found this community :) 

5 hours ago, delawhere said:

Wow, that’s a bit silly. I can’t even imagine, I was freaking out and it only took us the better part of a day to get it sorted. Have you attempted to get into the site from a different browser (chrome, Firefox, etc.)? It might be a system update, a bug, or just lousy luck. Either way, I’d ring up the NVC on Monday and ask them what they’d recommend. If you have the originals and would be willing to bring them to the interview, maybe you’d be able to skip the upload? I know that some people had to do this with the police clearance documentation if they weren’t able to get it due to Covid. I would definitely confirm this with someone at the NVC or embassy prior to going this route though, I’m by no means an expert. 

Yeah, exactly. And yeah weve tried from chrome, Firefox, explorer, an ipad, my phone, and a couple of different computers. Same dumbass error. The nvc initially just told us to keep trying because it happens sometimes. I feel so defeated. Maybe I'll suggest that, but I'm not sure how it would fly with it being my joint sponsor's proof of us status that's the problem. It's not even like we don't have it, it was just blurry. I'll keep this thread updated but I have a funny feeling this is going to set me back a long time when it's something that could be easily fixed. Guess I'll find out. 😕

Edited by Andy&Jamie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 11:59 AM, Andy&Jamie said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wondered if anyone else is having any issues using the ceac?

We submitter our docs June 5th and we got something back saying they needed us to reupload joint sponsors proof of US status. This wouldnt be a problem but the actual website isn't working to allow us to, it either says there's an application error and kicks us off or just spits out a load of lines of code when we go to click the link to upload the invalid doc. I'm really confused and starting to get nervous. 

Any help/similar experience would be much appreciated. ❤️

Have you tried logging in at odd hours - like very late at night? I know it sounds insane, but I've read that when there's less traffic, the website works better. 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, delawhere said:

I’m wondering if anyone here that has been expedited can help me understand the process a bit better.
We submitted an expedite request to the NVC on Monday (on the grounds of medical and financial hardships) and have not heard back yet, but I want to make sure we are prepared if things work in our favour. I am aware that expedites are approved by the embassy where you will be interviewing. If the expedite request is approved, are you then responsible for scheduling your own interview? I’ve seen mention of people needing their interview letter to book their physical - is this true? I’d love to hear any other input or experience that people have had with this process. Thanks so much, I’m so glad to have found this community :) 

hi! I heard back after 9 days that we were approved, so wait a little longer! If approved, you will email or call the embassy to see if they received your application from NVC, and schedule the appt with them. 

9 hours ago, trmalova said:

hi! I heard back after 9 days that we were approved, so wait a little longer! If approved, you will email or call the embassy to see if they received your application from NVC, and schedule the appt with them. 

That’s not too bad at all! I emailed them a week ago Monday and got an email Thursday morning that they were reviewing our request. Thanks for the help ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 10:59 AM, Andy&Jamie said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wondered if anyone else is having any issues using the ceac?

We submitter our docs June 5th and we got something back saying they needed us to reupload joint sponsors proof of US status. This wouldnt be a problem but the actual website isn't working to allow us to, it either says there's an application error and kicks us off or just spits out a load of lines of code when we go to click the link to upload the invalid doc. I'm really confused and starting to get nervous. 

Any help/similar experience would be much appreciated. ❤️

try using it like at midnight or odd night hours.

22 hours ago, trmalova said:

Congratulations. At what stage did you request  for  it and what form was used to apply for it?  

Edited by Biola

45 minutes ago, Biola said:

Congratulations. At what stage did you request  for  it and what form was used to apply for it?  

We paid fees and uploaded all the required documents, and then requested expedite at NVC. I typed a letter explaining why we were requesting expedite (COVID, forced separations bc of closed borders and emotional hardship from these things) and signed it. I emailed it to nvcexpedite@state.gov . the subject i put as our case number expedite request and then gave them my info (DOB, petitioner,  Spouses DOB and name) and sent it! 

Then you just wait for them to answer you.

3 hours ago, trmalova said:

We paid fees and uploaded all the required documents, and then requested expedite at NVC. I typed a letter explaining why we were requesting expedite (COVID, forced separations bc of closed borders and emotional hardship from these things) and signed it. I emailed it to nvcexpedite@state.gov . the subject i put as our case number expedite request and then gave them my info (DOB, petitioner,  Spouses DOB and name) and sent it! 

Then you just wait for them to answer you.

Okay, thank you. 

On 7/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, Hilde said:

Have you tried logging in at odd hours - like very late at night? I know it sounds insane, but I've read that when there's less traffic, the website works better. 

I've just now heard that the missus has managed to get it sorted! This is actually what she did as well having read it elsewhere. We actually just left it alone for a few days too and it seems to have corrected itself. Thank you so much for your comment, if only I had seen this on the 4th!

On 7/4/2020 at 1:20 AM, delawhere said:

Just to keep you updated, it finally worked! We had to leave it a few days and use the site like late at night US time (or rather my wife did, I'm in the UK) and it's finally worked! Thank you so much for your help. Your suggestion about bringing it to the interview was gonna be what we proposed to them on the phone if it still wasn't working, although I gotta say bringing my father in laws birth certificate around with me would have been a strange way around it. We've been finding the mail takes ages to get from the uk to the US and vice versa at the moment, so I gotta wonder if that way would have worked but damn, worth a shot to be home to my wife a little sooner.

Anyway, thank you again! I'll be hovering around this thread but best of luck with getting yourselves sorted too, and let me know if I can help you with anything too! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.