dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2020

201 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/742674-case-complete-to-interview-august-2020/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Hi Gar9,

As I mentioned in my response, I just recently submitted my parents’ docs for NVC processing and their cases are now documentarily qualified (both happened in mid June). I am not so sure if the most recent extension of Trump’s EO has completely stopped NVC from reviewing IR5 cases though. Maybe you can give them a call and ask?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, HanhChi said:

Hi Gar9,

As I mentioned in my response, I just recently submitted my parents’ docs for NVC processing and their cases are now documentarily qualified (both happened in mid June). I am not so sure if the most recent extension of Trump’s EO has completely stopped NVC from reviewing IR5 cases though. Maybe you can give them a call and ask?

IR5 and all other suspended visa categories are still being reviewed and DQed by NVC.

NVC are reviewing documents for cases not subject to the travel restrictions first, but they did not put a stop to reviewing the others.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/742674-case-complete-to-interview-august-2020/

Thanks for starting a new thread for July 2020 . However this is only for IR-1, CR-1 category . 

What about IR-5  and other categories ? Please advise . Thanks. 

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, HanhChi said:

Hi Gar9,

It is really surprising that you submitted Docs to NVC in June 2020 and got DQed in June 2020 itself , in less than a month . Could you please tell specificaly as to within how many days your cases were DQed after submission ?  NVC is taking about 3 months as normai time . Did you get your cases expedited for some specific reason ? 

I’m really excited to see CR1 / IR1 categories appear to being prioritized during the period for the EO.

I-130 submitted - July 12th 2019

Approved - Feb 25th 2020

NVC Submitted - June 28th

and now we await patiently and hope for an early approval 😁

4 hours ago, Gar9 said:

It is really surprising that you submitted Docs to NVC in June 2020 and got DQed in June 2020 itself , in less than a month . Could you please tell specificaly as to within how many days your cases were DQed after submission ?  NVC is taking about 3 months as normai time . Did you get your cases expedited for some specific reason ? 

I know it was unusually fast. Both of my parents’ cases got approved by NVC within 12 hours of me submitting their docs. It was crazy, but it was not completely unique though. I have seen several cases in here got DQ just as fast. I have no idea why it happened. It could just be pure luck. And no, there was no expedition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 hours ago, Gar9 said:

It's not actually that surprising these days. Others who have called the NVC were told that they had started training more people on processing these cases and they were pulling random case numbers which seemed to be the ones recently submitted. The timeline posted online isn't currently accurate. My case took about 2 weeks to DQ after submitting the documents, but at the time I submitted there were many people receiving DQs in less than 24 hours. There's really no way to know how long your case will take to be approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Gar9 said:

What type of visa you have applied for ? Is it in banned category or otherwise?

Mine is IR-1/CR-1 which is not a banned category. That may have played a role in it getting processed sooner than others, but as you see above, there are still instances where other visa categories are getting processed more quickly for whatever reason, so it's still hard to provide any specifics for timeframes. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Despite submitting the wet signature document in other document category they still did not accept it😓😓... so I got a Reject and had to submit the document again.. All others were accepted.. I Already wanted a whole moth before we could upload because of the system failure, then three weeks for a review then this.. oh this process is really not for the faint of heart 🥺... I hope for a very speedy review this time 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Gar9 said:

Thanks for starting a new thread for July 2020 . However this is only for IR-1, CR-1 category . 

What about IR-5  and other categories ? Please advise . Thanks. 

No this thread is for anyone going through NVC. I have all Immigration categories on my spreadsheet.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
5 hours ago, Barsana said:

CR1

NVC 1st time submission on June 26

DQ on June 30

Is their a different forum after you have been DQ for embassies and interview?

Yes Case Complete to interview. it's in the first post or in my signature below.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.