dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2020

201 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, USAUAinCZ said:

So I was approved by USCIS on May 8th and they still dont' have my case number at the NVC yet, They said they received the case on June 30th from USCIS but something is wrong. They said it's on "administrative hold" as they don't know where the problem is. Anybody else have this issue? It's beyond frustrating. 

I also had this problem --- approved in May, NVC received on June 30, finally got a case number one week ago.  

There were multiple cases like us approved in May and June that for whatever reason, didn't go to NVC right away.  One guy at NVC told me a couple weeks ago that they had gotten a huge number of cases on June 30 and that they were getting backed up.  

Unfortunately, until the NVC timeframe moves past June 30, they will ignore any inquiries you send as "still within processing time", so there is not much you can do right now other than keep checking and hope that the timeframe changes on Monday so that you can officially make an inquiry.  

Trust me, I was there a week ago, I understand how frustrating and depressing this wait is!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, hscoots said:

Mine was received on 30th as well, but case number in mid july. I just checked the processing times, and it's still stick at June 30th, seems like its stuck there for last 3 weeks.

Current case creation time frame: As of 27-JUL-2020, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 30-JUN-2020.

Actually their timeframes appear to have gone backwards. 

Last week's timeframe said they were working on cases from like July 7.  Not a promising sign.  

(I know because I was able to use the July date to file a complaint with an NVC supervisor for having a case outside of processing time).  

6 hours ago, USAUAinCZ said:

So I was approved by USCIS on May 8th and they still dont' have my case number at the NVC yet, They said they received the case on June 30th from USCIS but something is wrong. They said it's on "administrative hold" as they don't know where the problem is. Anybody else have this issue? It's beyond frustrating. 

We were approved on May 15th, NVC received our file on June 30th. We finally got our email with NVC case number yesterday and paid the fees. I imagine you will be getting a email any day now. A call once a week is enough imo. I actually only called them 3 times during the whole ordeal.

12 hours ago, Hilde said:

That is indeed a long time. I would call everyday - different officers have different levels of knowledge. Best time to call if 5 minutes before they open, or close to their closing time. 

Good luck and keep us posted.

I got through in 5 mins or less calling around 11:30pm  eastern time. No one calls then.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations to all the new arrivals to NVC and to the DQ's who have moved on to the Case Complete to Interview thread. May August find you favor.

Now lets move on over to the new thread.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.