David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SETETA said:

In a FB group, someone has posted that some CR1 and IR1 applicants have been contacted by the South Korean embassy for rescheduling in July. However, there is nothing official on the embassy website as of yet. 

Yeah that is true. Someone has scheduled in middle of June. They said consulate called each applicants. And only CR1/Ir1 visa. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

US Embassy Lima Peru as of June 12, 2020.

No resumption of normal activities yet due to the Peruvian government’s response to this Apocalypse 2020.

The country is still in a strict but relaxing state of lockdown. All borders are closed. Strict curfew is in effect in the night and all day sundays. 100% Mask Usage. Interstate travel is restricted until July 1. International travel is speculated to open August 1 but I’ve also heard October. We are in Phase 2 of a 4 Phase plan of monthly relaxations.

Personal Cathartic Release:

Peru went on lockdown March 16 and we had our CR1/IR1 interview for March 23rd. We wanted to be home by April 1. 

This sucks and I’m honestly very tired of this country, this huge city (Lima). I’m just a small town USA kid and I just want my wife and baby home, where we can begin a life that is ours. I hate that this country has such a low self esteem and the people (that I know here and are good normal people) think they know what is best for all the “pobres” poor people. This leads to a “father of the nation” type leader in charge, who wants to use this crisis for his own ends.

bleh. Screw it! I’m so over this place! I need wide open spaces and big ### parking lots! 

Edited by Evajandra
Can’t conjugate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple posts removed

do not bicker.  do not discuss politics in this thread. discuss the topic only

any further bickering and hijacking of the topic with off topic remarks/politics/bickering will result in attention you do not want.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawaii1 said:

Is there  website that shows which Embassies are Phase 1, 2, etc??  I would like to see that website.....

No, unfortunately.

Follow your embassy on all social media. Facebook, Twitter, and enroll in STEP email notifications on state.gov. Check the embassy website daily.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 6/12/2020 at 11:35 AM, NMHayek said:

This is going to be a long thread but it will be super helpful, thanks for starting. 

I am in Egypt: US Embassy not open and has not resumed any services. They have not made any announcements yet regarding reopening or assumption of US Citizen Services or Immigration/Visit Visas Services.  They say they will announce on their FB and Website when they will reopen and resume. 

A factor in this maybe that Egypt has not reached it's peak yet for COVID and the numbers of infections are still rising (death toll is relatively low thankfully) and all international travel into the country is suspended.

Really we have no idea here because the Embassy has been pretty closed mouth about reasons they are still closed and any estimate of reopening. 

I know this isn't about reopening but I thought I would post just in-case anyone has different information regarding the Embassy in Egypt. 

I got my packet 4 last month and was able to schedule an appointment for July 22nd which made us hopeful but 5 days ago I was sent an email from ustraveldocs telling me it was cancelled. check the topic I just posted for the whole situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, NancyNguyen said:

Consulate and Embassy are affair of Department of State, not the president. Don't Trump this Trump that.

The Department of State is controlled by the Executive Branch

6 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

The Department of State is controlled by the Executive Branch

So?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
31 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

So?

What do you mean, so?

There are 3 branches of government. The executive, the legislative and the judicial. You suggested that Trump didn't have anything to do with it, while he's clearly involved.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, Devint said:

Its about the country  for example,  here in Ontario we just started phase two. So the consulate in toronto might open

. Does me no good as I need montreal to go to phase three apparently. The good news is- the montreal consulate actually answered an email with a real response today instead of the standard auto-reply. I guess they're working now.

Thats great news I know I had sent an email maybe a week before and it was generic. I am also waiting on MTL. 

On 6/12/2020 at 6:11 AM, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Thats what drives me crazy. The government and the states gave estimates on how long they would be in lock down and then when they would reopen the economy in states and the whole country but the State department and Embassies can't give anyone ANY updates on reopenings and estimates on routine visa interviews. Its so frustrating and upsetting. 

DOS does not know what to do cause its election year and an anti immigrant leadership wants to juice his based that he is stopping immigrants from taking american jobs.

Edited by James120383

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.