David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, puda said:

The travel ban US-Canada has been extended to July 21. After that, I would assume that the consulates in Canada are going to reopen if not before. By then hopefully Service Canada will have resumed as well to get passports... waiting to get a passport for my newborn daughter. You can travel to Europe from Canada starting July 23rd with Air Transat so it sounds like Canada will be business as usual end of July. 

Thats promising to read it definitely gives me a bit of hope but I am holding my breathe as I'm sure that could possibly change. However gives me a bit of a lift 

at the moment so I'll take it 😂 (also waiting for MTL)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The Embassy in Berlin and Consulates in Frankfurt and Munich ( Germany ) remain closed for routine services but have restarted processing passport applications by mail for those eligible to use DS 82 adult passport renewal form.
(06/15/2020) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Louis61404 said:

Official Jamaica embassy Facebook has announced they will begin scheduling CR1/IR1 interviews next week.

Uhuuuu! 🥳 It’s perfect! Seems like embassies starting reopening ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

Uhuuuu! 🥳 It’s perfect! Seems like embassies starting reopening ☺️

Check the FB live video for Us Embassy in Jamaica. The immigrant visa officer says that although worldwide routine visa services still have not resumed, they have been given new guidance from DOS that IR1/IR2 and CR1/CR2 are now considered mission critical. So they are scheduling interviews! Please let this be for all embassies..Fingers crossed!

https://www.facebook.com/USEmbassyJamaica/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

See the screenshot where I just had a little chat with Peru Embassy’s American Citizen Services on Facebook.

The messages speak for themselves. Visa services have no ties to Diplomacy Strong and it’s up to individual embassies and Washington to resume Visa services.

Edit: My original question was...

Hello. This is just a general question from an American Citizen. Are you able to say what Phase the embassy is it according to the Diplomacy Strong initiative and is there any indication as to what Phase the embassy needs to be in to begin processing routine immigrant visas?

D058D447-F6C7-4AB7-ACB3-D97C8DCF21D9.jpeg

Edited by Evajandra
Additional

Timeline
2 hours ago, ashley_ann said:

Thats promising to read it definitely gives me a bit of hope but I am holding my breathe as I'm sure that could possibly change. However gives me a bit of a lift 

I feel like they’ll have to but who knows... it wouldn’t make sense to reopen the borders without processing visas but who knows... they have a month to figure it out. Fingers crossed. I am a DV winner (2021) so I shouldn’t be affected but poor winners from 2020. It sucks!

EB-3 application failed in 2019 (Ability to pay)

DV Winner: 2021EU00025XXX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

This is great. Congratulations 😊

11 hours ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

What’s the difference between CR1 and IR1? 

Congratulations 🥳

Thank you guys !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, Evajandra said:

See the screenshot where I just had a little chat with Peru Embassy’s American Citizen Services on Facebook.

The messages speak for themselves. Visa services have no ties to Diplomacy Strong and it’s up to individual embassies and Washington to resume Visa services.

Edit: My original question was...

Hello. This is just a general question from an American Citizen. Are you able to say what Phase the embassy is it according to the Diplomacy Strong initiative and is there any indication as to what Phase the embassy needs to be in to begin processing routine immigrant visas?

D058D447-F6C7-4AB7-ACB3-D97C8DCF21D9.jpeg

Washington means the President, correct? It kind of sounds like he's guessing that when those conditions are met, normal operations will resume. It still sounds like they need the actual okay from Trump.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Washington means the President, correct? It kind of sounds like he's guessing that when those conditions are met, normal operations will resume. It still sounds like they need the actual okay from Trump.

Probably just Pompeo or his undersecretary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Evajandra said:

Probably just Pompeo or his undersecretary.

Which doesn't really change the problem. Conditions could be met in certain countries and processing would still be suspended.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Which doesn't really change the problem. Conditions could be met in certain countries and processing would still be suspended.

Yep, we are completely in the dark.

9 hours ago, ashley_ann said:

I'm also waiting for montreal. However,  I'm flying down as a visitor next Saturday. I'm sick of waiting. Fingers crossed we hear from them soon. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.