David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 10/23/2020 at 5:28 AM, imsan said:

They started DV because a judge ordered them to.

Well hopefully the judge from the K-1 lawsuit against the state dept will push them to get going on K-1.

UPDATE -- It turns out that at least some IR1/CR1 interviews for November are still going forward in Naples at this time. (I just communicated with a VJ member whose interview hasn't been cancelled.) It is, however, unclear what the announcement from the Italian Embassy means, and whether it implies any recent change in what visas are getting issued. Apologies for the hasty take. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, Veevisa said:

WE got DQ'ed on May 5.. Hoping the embassy will schedule my husband's interview soon. Please share some update if you have received any interview notice. I called the embassy this morning, and the rep said they will resume visa services on a case by case basis. Odd! I told her the website does say that it has resumed services. she even asked where i saw this info. Im not sure what to believe now:(

i had my DQ  already 5 months and still didn't received any interview letter  is it normal ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

i had my DQ  already 5 months and still didn't received any interview letter  is it normal ? 

It all depends on your country... 

Fill out your timeline to get more accurate help.

I'm waiting for my interview in Turkey. Where can I find this timeline?

12 hours ago, Hilde said:

It all depends on your country... 

Fill out your timeline to get more accurate help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, mrsasmaolarte said:

•  

Go to your name on the top right of the page. Then you will see My Timeline. Click on that and fill it out. 

Once you input all the info, look for PORTALS (on the top left of the page). Click on that and you will see others who are also in the Turkey embassy. 

Some embassies have resumed their interviews but others have not. Brazil (mine) has not... so I have been waiting for the interview letter since May. It mostly now depends on how your country is dealing with COVID numbers. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Hilde said:

Go to your name on the top right of the page. Then you will see My Timeline. Click on that and fill it out. 

Once you input all the info, look for PORTALS (on the top left of the page). Click on that and you will see others who are also in the Turkey embassy. 

Some embassies have resumed their interviews but others have not. Brazil (mine) has not... so I have been waiting for the interview letter since May. It mostly now depends on how your country is dealing with COVID numbers. Good luck!

thank you so much and wish you good luck to you as well 😊

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 1/14/2021 at 7:33 PM, mrsasmaolarte said:

thank you so much and wish you good luck to you as well 😊

Check my timeline and flow my posts

Also check this topic:

Edited by RoseMalaysia

16 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Check my timeline and flow my posts

I've been a Turkish resident for 4-5 years. On November 2020, I renewed my residency but I have not received my new permit yet. Is it possible to still have my interview, or will this create an issue? (I have already gotten DQ on September 1st, 2020).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.