David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone in the dreaded Visa Approved! fb group says that her CEAC status just went to issued. She said she had her interview in Manila on March 12 .

Edited by JonSeattle
added embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Kaur navjot said:

When does us embassy mumbai reopen and schedule interviews

I emailed the U.S. embassy in Nigeria and received this generic response (attached below). 😩 The only thing we can do now is wait, as well as be proactive in the waiting game and make sure we are fully prepared when they reopen! Best regards!

image.png.424af785471ee36457e370132ad394de.png

4 hours ago, LoloBrinny said:

Hello,

My interview got scheduled today for the 20th of July at the Paris embassy!

I hope that will give you guys some hope 🙃

Laurent

Best of luck ✌️

but that is not a surprise.. IR1 interviews will going happen after 22nd June.

Rest of the categories,  should have to wait till October.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, JonSeattle said:

Someone in the dreaded Visa Approved! fb group says that her CEAC status just went to issued. She said she had her interview in Manila on March 12 .

Proof that k1s are not subject to the president's proclamation on banning certain immigrant visas?

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, LoloBrinny said:

Hello,

Laurent

This is great. Congratulations 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ali Creative said:

Best of luck ✌️

but that is not a surprise.. IR1 interviews will going happen after 22nd June.

Rest of the categories,  should have to wait till October.

What’s the difference between CR1 and IR1? 

11 hours ago, LoloBrinny said:

Hello,

Laurent

Congratulations 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

What’s the difference between CR1 and IR1? 

Congratulations 🥳

If I understand right.

CR1 stands for Conditional Resident whose been married less than 2 years and after the 2 year mark in marriage you'll have to apply for the conditions on the green card removed and IR1 stands for Immediate Relative for people whose been married longer than 2 years those green cards are valid for 10 years and have no conditions. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

If I understand right.

CR1 stands for Conditional Resident whose been married less than 2 years and after the 2 year mark in marriage you'll have to apply for the conditions on the green card removed and IR1 stands for Immediate Relative for people whose been married longer than 2 years those green cards are valid for 10 years and have no conditions. 

Yes, and what?))) Now we are all don’t have green cards. We will get it after reach US. I think CR1/IR1 Visas very close. And many people with CR1 from France got scheduled their interviews already. All spouses are immediate relatives, not only who married more than 2 years. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kate.Alday said:

Yes, and what?))) Now we are all don’t have green cards. We will get it after reach US. I think CR1/IR1 Visas very close. And many people with CR1 from France got scheduled their interviews already. All spouses are immediate relatives, not only who married more than 2 years. 

They would be the same classification as far as interviews are concerned. The difference is that the IR1 does not require you to file for removal of conditions later on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

For me the good news is that we won’t have to file for CR1 conditions to be lifted. We will go direct to IR1. 

My wife and I were gonna be CR1 at the time of our interview but in the time since the cancellation, we passed our two year anniversary.

Time sure flies, except when you’re waiting on a visa interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
30 minutes ago, SETETA said:

They would be the same classification as far as interviews are concerned. The difference is that the IR1 does not require you to file for removal of conditions later on.

Yes, I know difference, you are right. But topic was about visas. 

Timeline

The travel ban US-Canada has been extended to July 21. After that, I would assume that the consulates in Canada are going to reopen if not before. By then hopefully Service Canada will have resumed as well to get passports... waiting to get a passport for my newborn daughter. You can travel to Europe from Canada starting July 23rd with Air Transat so it sounds like Canada will be business as usual end of July. 

EB-3 application failed in 2019 (Ability to pay)

DV Winner: 2021EU00025XXX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.