nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LizaH said:

Seems to be happening to everyone right now, lots of posts. My husband’s case suddenly said same thing today and I completely freaked out. Now I’m seeing others going through the same thing I’m recovering from the shock. For now anyway!

Please keep us posted on this thread if you hear anything more or get more information from the Embassy. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hamid Ullah said:

Same happen with us today our case was In AP from months and today i checked the CEAC case status goes from AP to Refused but the date is not change it the same date of Last AP update 21 Feb 2020

My husbands case was updated on Friday February 28th, March 2nd and then the status changed to Refused but the last update still shows yesterday's date. Please keep us posted on this thread if you receive any word from the Embassy. Thank you for posting. 

Timeline

Sounds like it is a glitch. I was not able to log onto my husband's case for a few moments, then when I did it said Refused. Everyone I have talked with has experienced the same thing.  This process is so nerve wrecking, then to think they are having glitches does not help. Please...if anyone hears anything from the Embassy either phone, mail or email can we keep each other posted? I still hope this status change means being with my husband sooner. 

Timeline

Yes, also AP to Refused. My husband had his second interview 2 weeks ago and they said they would send him more information and we still have not received anything. I was hoping this was a step forward to getting his visa, but it sounds like it was a glitch. Please continue posting new information if you receive anything from the Embassy.

Edited by Alex&Jen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Mine as well. Apparently, the sentence to look at on your status is:  "If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing." 

Assuming this means these cases are still open and active, despite the misleading update.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

If you read other posts from today it sounds like this might be some type of glitch. A lot of people here and in my Facebook groups experienced the same thing (their status changed to Refused seemingly for no reason) today. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It must be a glitch. My husband's says Refused (even though this morning he received an email from the Embassy asking to submit his passport and birth certificate), and my stepson's says AP (though the date changed to today's one).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Glitch

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, nana_123 said:

I send an email once a month asking about any update.

Totally unnecessary. When the case progresses they will contact you.  Frankfurt issued over 45000 non-immigrant visas last year (actually a bit down from 48-50k the prior few years). Because Germany is a VWP country. it's safe to assume many of those are cases that require a little more scrutiny. Imagine if (wild guess, I have no idea) 10% of cases go to AP for a year, and then imagine what would happen if all of those send a monthly email. That's 4500 emails a month that someone has to open, read, respond, all unnecessary time wasted when they could be working on cases. Even if it's only a minute per email, that's 75 hours a month - nearly 2 work weeks of someone's time-  wasted. I am sure they don't work overtime, so all that does is slow everything down for everyone. I have no idea what the actual numbers are, but maybe now you can get an idea why they ask you not to send them emails regularly.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think CEAC has changed its style a bit. Instead of saying its in "AP", they say "Refused" from now onwards.

JULY-08-2014 PRIORITY DATE

OCT-19-2015 INTERVIEW

RESULT ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

MUCH AWAITED UPDATES :

OCT-19-2015

OCT-20-2015

OCT-27-2015

NOV-17-2015 (most likely it was due to my email inquiry)

JAN-08-2016 (due to my email inquiry)

FEB-09-2016 (first real update)

MAR-08-2016

MAR-09-2016

MAR-10-2016 ISSUED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.