nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You obviously can look up on line what the current situation is.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Seems that many people are experiencing the same thing this morning. I found this video posted 45 minutes ago by an immigration lawyer in LA trying to explain. Seems they are changing the language to “Refused”  instead of “Administrative Processing” since technically it is a refusal. 

https://youtu.be/qjubc96cvwo

Edited by Pat1976

my case also went from AP to refused, i spoke to an agent at NVC they told me they could not give me much info,"but just know that your case is still under review by an officer and last update was on 02/03/2020 which was the date the document was received" thats exactly what she told me. my heart dropped when i saw that REFUSED.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Djibouti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alex&Jen said:

My husbands case was updated on Friday February 28th, March 2nd and then the status changed to Refused but the last update still shows yesterday's date. Please keep us posted on this thread if you receive any word from the Embassy. Thank you for posting. 

My wife case had 5 updates since our last interview 1/29 it was showing refused since November 2019.

3 hours ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Although this is stressful, I recommend you wait for a letter instead of relying on these electronic systems which have their glitches. You risk some serious heartache if you allow your emotions to be controlled by those electronic updates. I know, I've been there and its easier said than done however it is the best way to maintain your sanity in these situations.

True. I had a complete panic attack I’m still recovering. My head hurts. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sahal Muse said:

My wife case had 5 updates since our last interview 1/29 it was showing refused since November 2019.

Did the Embassy say why it is refused? Are they waiting on more documents? The Embassy has not told my husband anything as to why he has not been approved yet for his visa, or why they have not asked him to send in a new medical exam due to his expiring. 

1 hour ago, Hdakro1 said:

I was about to snap . Now I know it’s a system glitch . My wife’s second interview went smooth . They said they will call her back yesterday and today it said refused . I couldn’t even focus at work .... was gonna quit my job for no reason .  

Lol I was at work when I saw, had to go home, I completely shut down, panicked and drove home crying I was in shock couldn’t think straight.

I got same things to submit all documents what they were asking with you after i submitted all 

documents they send me another 221g saying to submit the passport l.then u submit my passport.still my last upadte was saying AP.after later afternoon i saw status say refused

so i dont know whats going on they didnt send me any latter or email.do you know what to do 

Hello all,

I had the strangest thing happen to my application.  I am a canadian citzen who just finished my K1 interview in montreal last week and the officer told me to expect my passport within 2 or 3 weeks.  However, I just received an email yesterday with the DS 5535 form which I filled out and sent the same day, however, my status changed from "necessary administrative processing" to "refused"

I am very confused what is going on.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  Is this supposed to be "refused" while they process my DS 5535?

Thank you for your help!

3 hours ago, Alex&Jen said:

Hello, 

Here is our timeline so far. 

July 26th 2019 - 1st interview ( I was with him at first interview)

July 26th - Put into AP for not having medical exams 

July - November - Husband did 4 months of drug monitoring 

November 19th - Completed Medical Exam and sent to the Embassy

January 19th - My husband's medical exam expired

February 20th 2020 - Husband went to Second interview (interview went well, but no decisions. They told my husband they would be sending him more information, but as of today we have not received any information). 

Up until today (March 3, 2020) my husband's case has been in AP. His case has been changed to refused. 

Has anyone had experiences with refused updates? I have been told it is not a denial, so I am still hoping we will be together soon. I would just like to hear of other cases with similar experience 

Thank you!!! 

I have  been in AP since Oct 2019 after submitting the requested tax document for joint sponsor.  Check status a few minutes ago to see it has changed to refused. 

It is a relief to read other people are experiencing this.  

But what does this mean?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 minute ago, AdeKati said:

I have  been in AP since Oct 2019 after submitting the requested tax document for joint sponsor.  Check status a few minutes ago to see it has changed to refused. 

It is a relief to read other people are experiencing this.  

But what does this mean?

It is basically the Embassy changing the wording from Administrative Processing to Refused. Technically if anyone was in AP than they are refused until the process is complete. Your application for the visa is still being worked on. That is my understanding from watching a video from an attorney and reading other posts. 

What Embassy are filing through? That is sad that they have kept you in AP since October even after submitting the documents they requested. 

Sounds like they’re changing the language of 221g AP to Refused, as technically that’s what it is. Older examples of Refused on CEAC status site do not give the spiel about if you’re in AP it will remain in refused status until further adjudication is completed. I also found this about an hour ago.... Still would be nice if they were doing a sweeping change like this to inform people so that half a million people don’t have a heart attack. Fingers crossed this si all it is. Mine change to refused this morning as well from AP last night. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.