nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, nana_123 said:

Last update is the interview date 5th-June and since that date no update happened, Could it be because they were upset of me sending queries once a month?!!!! I sent him today an email asking about my statues.. could that be a reason?!!!!!!!

No, they don’t refuse visas because they are upset with you. They just wanted you to stop sending emails that don’t do anything but use up time. It’s not like they forget to work on cases where people don’t enquiry regularly and in any case, most of the checks being done for AP are not by the embassy itself but by DHS etc back in the US.

1 minute ago, Alirazaa said:

I think its showing refused to everyone. It might be a system glitch or something. I am little relieved now. 

I checked my daughter's update this morning and it shows Administrative processing, and 3rd of March as the last updated date. It later went to refuse.

I went to check my son's, and his last updated date was 21 of February. It also shows refused.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
31 minutes ago, nana_123 said:

Last update is the interview date 5th-June and since that date no update happened, Could it be because they were upset of me sending queries once a month?!!!! I sent him today an email asking about my statues.. could that be a reason?!!!!!!!

Asking a question with multiple exclamation marks etc is considered rude. I will advise you to stop harassing the consulate/consular officer with continuous questions. It rarely works unless the query is being made by another US authority like a senator or congressman.

Allow the process to play itself out. That is the nature of dealing with USA immigration in these times and be grateful you were not refused outright.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

1 minute ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Asking a question with multiple exclamation marks etc is considered rude. I will advise you to stop harassing the consulate/consular officer with continuous questions. It rarely works unless the query is being made by another US authority like a senator or congressman.

Allow the process to play itself out. That is the nature of dealing with USA immigration in these times and be grateful you were not refused outright.

I would never send multiple exclamation marks questions to the embassy of course.

I send an email once a month asking about any update.

Thank you for your advice

17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

No, they don’t refuse visas because they are upset with you. They just wanted you to stop sending emails that don’t do anything but use up time. It’s not like they forget to work on cases where people don’t enquiry regularly and in any case, most of the checks being done for AP are not by the embassy itself but by DHS etc back in the US.

Thank you and hopefully that is the case :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Although this is stressful, I recommend you wait for a letter instead of relying on these electronic systems which have their glitches. You risk some serious heartache if you allow your emotions to be controlled by those electronic updates. I know, I've been there and its easier said than done however it is the best way to maintain your sanity in these situations.

I have not looked at mine for many years, think it said in processing and probably has not changed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have not looked at mine for many years, think it said in processing and probably has not changed.

I just checked mine and all my other interim petitions again a couple minutes ago.  Three years after I completed my immigration journey some still say I will be notified of further steps 😆

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello, 

Here is our timeline so far. 

July 26th 2019 - 1st interview ( I was with him at first interview)

July 26th - Put into AP for not having medical exams 

July - November - Husband did 4 months of drug monitoring 

November 19th - Completed Medical Exam and sent to the Embassy

January 19th - My husband's medical exam expired

February 20th 2020 - Husband went to Second interview (interview went well, but no decisions. They told my husband they would be sending him more information, but as of today we have not received any information). 

Up until today (March 3, 2020) my husband's case has been in AP. His case has been changed to refused. 

Has anyone had experiences with refused updates? I have been told it is not a denial, so I am still hoping we will be together soon. I would just like to hear of other cases with similar experience 

Thank you!!! 

2 hours ago, Alirazaa said:

Hello everyone. I am very confused and upset. My sister had cr1 interview in novermber 2019 at Islamabad embassy. After the interview the VO congratulated that she is approved and she will get her passport with visa with in 2/3 weeks. She was not given any form 221g or asked to submit any documents. After that case status date changed few times. Untill yesterday march 2 it was showing *Administrative processing” with case last updated date as January 9 , 2020 but today i check the status and its showing *REFUSED* but the case status update date still January 9, 2020.  

Hi .mine also changed to refuse but the date is not updated. Im also confused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

According to my status and everyone in all of my groups on Facebook and many people here, it seems this morning CEAC switched those in administrative processing, specially those issued a 221g, to refused. Most have not had a change in date. It is very possible that this is just a systemwide glitch. No lawyer has any answers so we will wait and see what happens in the next days.  Just hoping this is a new procedure. Who else saw this? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

According to my status and everyone in all of my groups on Facebook and many people here, it seems this morning CEAC switched those in administrative processing, specially those issued a 221g, to refused. Most have not had a change in date. It is very possible that this is just a systemwide glitch. No lawyer has any answers so we will wait and see what happens in the next days.  Just hoping this is a new procedure. Who else saw this? 

I have noticed the amount of people posting about being refused today, strange 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yeah several members saying the same. Sounds like a glitch unless someone decided to purge all the cases in AP.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

27 minutes ago, Alex&Jen said:

Hello, 

Here is our timeline so far. 

July 26th 2019 - 1st interview ( I was with him at first interview)

July 26th - Put into AP for not having medical exams 

July - November - Husband did 4 months of drug monitoring 

November 19th - Completed Medical Exam and sent to the Embassy

January 19th - My husband's medical exam expired

February 20th 2020 - Husband went to Second interview (interview went well, but no decisions. They told my husband they would be sending him more information, but as of today we have not received any information). 

Up until today (March 3, 2020) my husband's case has been in AP. His case has been changed to refused. 

Has anyone had experiences with refused updates? I have been told it is not a denial, so I am still hoping we will be together soon. I would just like to hear of other cases with similar experience 

Thank you!!! 

Seems to be happening to everyone right now, lots of posts. My husband’s case suddenly said same thing today and I completely freaked out. Now I’m seeing others going through the same thing I’m recovering from the shock. For now anyway!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Same happen with us today our case was In AP from months and today i checked the CEAC case status goes from AP to Refused but the date is not change it the same date of Last AP update 21 Feb 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am very confused and dishearten, as I just noticed the status being changed to "Refused".  Just to give you the background, I had the interview in India for K1 Visa, wherein I was issued the 221g requesting for relation proof, including but not limited to a) Evidence of ongoing communication with petitioner, b) photographs, c) evidence of travel, d) evidence of any shared finances, e) evidence of wedding plans, f) list of planned guest list and g) notarised statement from both describing and detailing how we met each other.  

Interview was on 24th January 2020

Document Submitted on 7th February 2020 (status stated to show that last updated on 10th Feb 2020)

Again the Case Last Updated changed on 11th February 2020

Every since we both started to check the status on daily basis and it was last updated remained on 11 February 2020 and showing as "Administrative Processing".   However today in late evening the status changed from "Administrative Processing to Refused", but the case last updated remained as 11th February 2020 with following note

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

I am not sure, if the visa application post our submission of document has been Refused, however, we have not received any email etc, or is it the change, due to some officer has now stated to work on our case and as the above lines state - your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing.

Should we be worried on the outcome being changed to "Refused" with same case last updated date.   If yes, what are our option left with us.   We are legitimate couple and submitted all documents, as requested by the embassy, and have no idea as to why this outcome.   Please throw some light to help us to understand the matter, better.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.