Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, toosweetaggie said:

My husband for the application is still in fingerprints were taken as well. It’s been like that since January 31. We are out of Houston with a turnaround time of almost a year though, so not really worrying about it. He has his work permit and travel permit and SSN so it’s not keeping him from being able to do life. 

That's the thing I haven’t received my EAD.

As of August 06th still no response from UCIS. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
18 minutes ago, The1jpx said:

That's the thing I haven’t received my EAD.

As of August 06th still no response from UCIS. 

O, wow! He got his EAD and travel permit last month. My advise is to call your House of Representatives. We did that, and they didn’t help because they said we were still in the window. With you being outside the average window, they definitely can call and get things moving. I would stress the fact that you really want to get working. They have influence over that. Most of their offices has someone dedicated to immigration needs.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, donjamie said:

Are there any AOS filers in this group in New York ? My case has been on "ready to be scheduled for an interview" since Feb, not sure when I should start calling for more info or keep waiting. 😴

That's completely normal waiting. I'm in NYC. We can't even complain because the processing time on their website is up to 3 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ayrton said:

That's completely normal waiting. I'm in NYC. We can't even complain because the processing time on their website is up to 3 years.

I'm in NYC too! I assume you're on the same waiting-for-an-interview boat?

Also, I know the EAD card is good for a year; I got mine back in Feb/March and I've seen some posts about needing to renew 180 days prior the expiration date, I'm sure the pandemic is definitely going to affect that number now so I'm wondering if I should start filing for a renewal now 🤔

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, jd. said:

I'm in NYC too! I assume you're on the same waiting-for-an-interview boat?

Also, I know the EAD card is good for a year; I got mine back in Feb/March and I've seen some posts about needing to renew 180 days prior the expiration date, I'm sure the pandemic is definitely going to affect that number now so I'm wondering if I should start filing for a renewal now 🤔

Mine expires in January, I already filed for renewal. You can only file if it has less than 180 days left on it.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 8:16 AM, rsanda said:

Hello Guys,

This an update on my timeline:

Biometrics Done: January , 6 2020

Case was updated to show fingerprints was taken: January 29, 2020

Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview : February 17, 2020

Interview was scheduled : February 18, 2020

Interview was canceled: March 18, 2020

Interview has been scheduled as at July 6, 2020

Waiting for the letter

Am super excited 😃💃

Wishing everyone the best!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Went for my interview yesterday, the IO said i was approved and was telling us about the process after the next two years. My status is still the same as Interview was scheduled. He said it would take about 2-3 weeks to receive the GC.

The IO asked questions based on the form I-485 and asked if we had extra documents than what we submitted

We added our tax returns transcripts which showed Married Filing Jointly, Health Insurance, Bank statements and recent photos.

Sorry to inform you guys this,

He was also telling us about how they would be furloughed at the end of the month. About 2/3rds  (75%) of USCIS employees would be affected if their funding is not approved. We told him we are sorry about that and we would pray for him.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, rsanda said:

Hello,

Went for my interview yesterday, the IO said i was approved and was telling us about the process after the next two years. My status is still the same as Interview was scheduled. He said it would take about 2-3 weeks to receive the GC.

The IO asked questions based on the form I-485 and asked if we had extra documents than what we submitted

We added our tax returns transcripts which showed Married Filing Jointly, Health Insurance, Bank statements and recent photos.

Sorry to inform you guys this,

He was also telling us about how they would be furloughed at the end of the month. About 2/3rds  (75%) of USCIS employees would be affected if their funding is not approved. We told him we are sorry about that and we would pray for him.

Congratulations!!!! 

If they furlough 75% of their workforce, it will take years for the rest of us to get GC.

My interview in April was canceled and  it has been 150 days of my status being rolled back to Ready to Schedule. 

At this point, I am just happy to have EAD and a driver's license. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 minute ago, Phil&Marina said:

Congratulations!!!! 

If they furlough 75% of their workforce, it will take years for the rest of us to get GC.

My interview in April was canceled and  it has been 150 days of my status being rolled back to Ready to Schedule. 

At this point, I am just happy to have EAD and a driver's license. 

Same here. Our ready to be scheduled is now at 141 days. But we are happy he has his EAD, SSN and DL now. The GC is just the final step but no rush.

I am now just concerned with later this year needing to renew the EAD. If he got it late May. Should he renew it around December? Or earlier? I remember reading it takes a while to process the renewal. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ozark said:

Same here. Our ready to be scheduled is now at 141 days. But we are happy he has his EAD, SSN and DL now. The GC is just the final step but no rush.

I am now just concerned with later this year needing to renew the EAD. If he got it late May. Should he renew it around December? Or earlier? I remember reading it takes a while to process the renewal. 

I got mine late May, too. I am thinking late November should be ok to renew. This is what I am planning to do at least. 

All the best of luck to you, guys. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Phil&Marina said:

I got mine late May, too. I am thinking late November should be ok to renew. This is what I am planning to do at least. 

All the best of luck to you, guys. 

3 hours ago, Ozark said:

You can renew 180 days before the expiration date of your EAD/ AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.