Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/18/2020 at 5:10 PM, Sarge2155 said:

That's  great let us know how it goes.

I had my in-person appointment with an SSA Supervisor and she gave me this letter:  I hope it’s the real deal 😊😍🙏9C1B94DA-4F08-4C74-83F4-0496C22197EF.jpeg.fe7137d833abe441c748419d130c3a2c.jpeg

18 minutes ago, AGF said:

I had my in-person appointment with an SSA Supervisor and she gave me this letter:  I hope it’s the real deal 😊😍🙏9C1B94DA-4F08-4C74-83F4-0496C22197EF.jpeg.fe7137d833abe441c748419d130c3a2c.jpeg

Yes it's real that's the letter they give you once you apply. Congratulations your card will be here soon.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes it's real that's the letter they give you once you apply. Congratulations your card will be here soon.

Thank goodness, finally! My persistence is paying off 😍😍😍 thank you for your guidance 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Ozark said:

We just got my husband’s SS card in the mail today! So it was less than a week after we had our appointment at the local SS office. 

Is your local SSA office open for in-person appointments? 

My office in Iowa is still closed and only accepting everything via snail mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, Phil&Marina said:

Is your local SSA office open for in-person appointments? 

My office in Iowa is still closed and only accepting everything via snail mail.

They are only doing special circumstances for appointments. Ours was considered one due to needing it for work. It was a weird experience. We had to wait by the guard’s desk the whole time at a table. The SS employee came down and took his documents upstairs and then came back with the SS form and said we would get a card within 2 weeks. It came in a little less than a week later. 

Are they not doing any special appointments? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ozark said:

They are only doing special circumstances for appointments. Ours was considered one due to needing it for work. It was a weird experience. We had to wait by the guard’s desk the whole time at a table. The SS employee came down and took his documents upstairs and then came back with the SS form and said we would get a card within 2 weeks. It came in a little less than a week later. 

Are they not doing any special appointments? 

This is interesting. 

My local social security office does everything by mail. I needed to change my name on my card, and I did not want to send all my IDs by mail. I did not feel comfortable doing that all. 

My new social security card arrived in the mail yesterday. I called the office shortly after I got my EAD, and asked them if my new card was being issued (I requested it when I was filing my AOS package). They said they did not see anything in the system. 

This is a miracle, I say :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Phil&Marina said:

This is interesting. 

My local social security office does everything by mail. I needed to change my name on my card, and I did not want to send all my IDs by mail. I did not feel comfortable doing that all. 

My new social security card arrived in the mail yesterday. I called the office shortly after I got my EAD, and asked them if my new card was being issued (I requested it when I was filing my AOS package). They said they did not see anything in the system. 

This is a miracle, I say :)

We did ours by mail because we had no choice. They said my husband wasn’t in the system as well. For clarification, did you end up doing it by mail or is the miracle that eventually a new card showed up without making a request?

I’m interested to know how long the mailing process takes. They received everything last Wednesday, so we are in wait mode. The blessing is that he was hired for a position with only having his EAD and they will just process him fully in the system when the SSN arrives. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, toosweetaggie said:

We did ours by mail because we had no choice. They said my husband wasn’t in the system as well. For clarification, did you end up doing it by mail or is the miracle that eventually a new card showed up without making a request?

I’m interested to know how long the mailing process takes. They received everything last Wednesday, so we are in wait mode. The blessing is that he was hired for a position with only having his EAD and they will just process him fully in the system when the SSN arrives. 

I did not send anything by mail. My first social security card was lost and I do not trust the mail anymore. Not with all of my IDs. 

I requested a social security card when I was filing my AOS package, because at that time I did not have it. And now it finally came. Just took almost a month. I called it a miracle, because I was not counting on it at all. 

Congratulations on your husband getting a job! Not easy nowadays. I am still struggling. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Phil&Marina said:

I did not send anything by mail. My first social security card was lost and I do not trust the mail anymore. Not with all of my IDs. 

I requested a social security card when I was filing my AOS package, because at that time I did not have it. And now it finally came. Just took almost a month. I called it a miracle, because I was not counting on it at all. 

Congratulations on your husband getting a job! Not easy nowadays. I am still struggling. 

O cool!! He also requested one with his AOS package, but he also mailed in the documents requested. So prayerfully one of those will get him his Social Security care sooner than later.

And thanks!!! It was literally one of the most God moments I’ve ever seen. He has been applying for weeks and last Friday, he got a response to one of his submittals from 4 days before. He then went in the next day for an interview that was more of a look over and started work on Sunday, the very next day. The hours are perfect, he finally feels super productive, and I’ve noticed an extra pep in his step these last couple days. Pretty much to be expected when you haven’t worked in over 6 months but you have desired to. Praying you get something sooner than later. 💙

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey Guys i have a question if someone can help me,

i got the EAD delivered 23 days ago still no SSN.

Should i call somone? 

also do someone know if i can start working as freelancer even without SSN? Thankyou!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.