dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its weird because the additional info I submitted still shows submitted not accepted. But according to the NVC  Facebook group im in, I showed them the email and they said its the DQ email. I tried to expedite for several reasons like depression after giving birth, financial hardship, and to care for my ill son and of course Nigeria didn't approve it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, DeeandFelix said:

Its weird because the additional info I submitted still shows submitted not accepted. But according to the NVC  Facebook group im in, I showed them the email and they said its the DQ email. I tried to expedite for several reasons like depression after giving birth, financial hardship, and to care for my ill son and of course Nigeria didn't approve it. 

It seems Nigeria hardly approve expedite. I sent expedite request, waiting for their response

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

This goes out to my Cameroon folks out there (don't know if it also applies to the other countries).

I was contacted this morning by the embassy in Yaounde with the final instructions before the interview.

One of the points they insisted on was uploading evidence of a bona fide marriage alongside the other documents

during the NVC stage.

So I call on you to do some side loading when submitting.

Helps them make a decision faster per the instructions they sent me.

Luckily, I did that without even being told.

So here we go!

15 hours ago, Cony said:

My husband sent an email with some attachments from below.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

The attachments are screenshots of the error page.

Actually, my husband called nvc twice. The first operator told us to just wait till CEAC was fixed. Second told us to send an email. 

So the answer depends on the operator. But either seemed not to know about website's error.

why don't you call NVC again if you can? If you can't get the different answer from it which you got before, you should send email to NVC.

Hi Cony,

Thank you! Yes, we have been calling nearly everyday and it was going nowhere, as well as submitted inquiries. Yesterday, finally I got through to a supervisor and she said that I would just have to wait and that it happens, so it was about to continue, but then she looked and saw that some of the documents are reviewed and others are not and she was wondering how come. Supervisor said that she will send and email asking for a supervisor's review. Later that night we got an email stating that the Documents were qualified. I have read before that when in a supervisor's review the application can't be accessible, so now putting all the information I read together I conclude that it was not fully released and got stuck in the revision mode because it was just left as opposed to finished one way or another and this is why I couldn't access it for so many days. I am writing it out mostly for the folks who may encounter that in future. I would suggest to talk to a supervisor and ask for a supervisor review which can solve it alone, but of course the inquiries helped I am sure, and I would do those too.

yay DQ 11/04/2019

Pd 08/28/2018

NOA 2 08/22/2018

case received by NVC 09/17/2019

Onto Interview awaiting.

Good luck everyone!!!

15 hours ago, DeeandFelix said:

Hello all. We got DQ on October 18th then they requested additional proof of assets and employment which I submitted October 23. Hoe long does it take NVC to accept/review the documents?  How long is the interview wait in lagos?

DeeandFelix,

Wait, did you guys actually get the request for the additional proof of assets and employment AFTER you already received DQ?? - like official DQ with the email that all the documents had been accepted?

If so, I wonder about this, did someone else re-review the already DQed documents?! I thought once it is DQed - it is finished and you are just awaiting the interview...

These days NVC has been flying through the cases after the document submission, so I hope they will get to you shortly! If they don't perhaps you can call and ask just in case? So it isn't stuck in some way and that it is indeed fully submitted into the system and there isn't anything else they are waiting for.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
17 minutes ago, elena333 said:

Hi Cony,

Thank you! Yes, we have been calling nearly everyday and it was going nowhere, as well as submitted inquiries. Yesterday, finally I got through to a supervisor and she said that I would just have to wait and that it happens, so it was about to continue, but then she looked and saw that some of the documents are reviewed and others are not and she was wondering how come. Supervisor said that she will send and email asking for a supervisor's review. Later that night we got an email stating that the Documents were qualified. I have read before that when in a supervisor's review the application can't be accessible, so now putting all the information I read together I conclude that it was not fully released and got stuck in the revision mode because it was just left as opposed to finished one way or another and this is why I couldn't access it for so many days. I am writing it out mostly for the folks who may encounter that in future. I would suggest to talk to a supervisor and ask for a supervisor review which can solve it alone, but of course the inquiries helped I am sure, and I would do those too.

yay DQ 11/04/2019

Pd 08/28/2018

NOA 2 08/22/2018

case received by NVC 09/17/2019

Onto Interview awaiting.

Good luck everyone!!!

Congratulations!

You're almost there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Quick question, with a kind of unusual situation. I uploaded my documents two weeks ago and have not heard anything yet from the NVC—completely normal. But, my spouse renewed her passport today and has the new one in hand. Do I need to upload a photo/scan of the new passport? Will it mess things up that the old passport that the NVC has a scan of is no longer the immigrant's valid passport? I would hate to lose the last two weeks in the queue, but it would also be unpleasant to wait more time and then get a request for that document and have to wait again.

If anyone has had a similar experience or knows where I could find more info about this on the government website, I would be grateful to know more!

Marriage: 2019-01-10

I-130 NOA1: 2019-02-15

I-129f Notice Date: 2019-07-11

I-130 Approved, NOA2: 2019-08-08 (170 days)

Sent to NVC: 2019-09-03

NVC case number: 2019-10-04

Submitted document to NVC: 2019-10-22

CC/DQ: 2019-11-18

Embassy interview: 2020-01-18

(all dates in yyyy-mm-dd)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So November, here we go. Here's to hoping that we all get a smooth and hopefully quick process! 

We submitted all documents for NVC processing on CEAC on October 21. The status still reads 'submitted', not yet approved. How long does it generally take for the documents to be reviewed and an instruction letter with an assigned interview date to be sent out? Does anyone think I could expect to get an interview in Stockholm in December or January, granted that all documents will be approved? My priority date is December 24.

I can't wait for this process to be over... 

Thank you and good luck to all my fellow VJ members!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, N & C said:

Hello guys! I have a question about the interview. Should I take the same original documents I uploaded to NVC to the interview? They have August dates.

Hello , 

Yes ,you have to take exactly all the originals of what  you uploaded on CEAC . They are very strict on that . 

than depending on the country of the embassy some ( like France for me ) ask originals + one of less than three month for marriage and birth certificates 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
32 minutes ago, ljujas2019 said:

Hi everyone!

So November, here we go. Here's to hoping that we all get a smooth and hopefully quick process! 

We submitted all documents for NVC processing on CEAC on October 21. The status still reads 'submitted', not yet approved. How long does it generally take for the documents to be reviewed and an instruction letter with an assigned interview date to be sent out? Does anyone think I could expect to get an interview in Stockholm in December or January, granted that all documents will be approved? My priority date is December 24.

Hello !!

they are currently reviewing documents within  5-6 weeks . 
according to NVC websites they are currently working on documents submitted on September 19th . But it’s not very accurate ..

My PD is august 29th and I submitted everything on October 10th and still nothing . Some people get more lucky and submitted way after me and are reviewed in 1 day /1 week . 

interview in December / January seems to be a little bit short ,but again  you can be lucky and have good news 😊

I think we are all tired and want this process to be over .

good luck to you , I hope you will have your DQ very soon 🙏

1 hour ago, ljujas2019 said:

Hi everyone!

Same boat, was really hoping for a January interview at Stockholm for my husband but they requested a couple more documents. Hoping to resubmit by the weekend... currently waiting on a document to make its way by snail mail. We initially submitted docs as soon as CEAC reopened Oct 21, and were told of our missing docs on the 25th, only four days! So it’s anyone’s guess how fast a DQ will come...

1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello , 

Yes ,you have to take exactly all the originals of what  you uploaded on CEAC . They are very strict on that . 

than depending on the country of the embassy some ( like France for me ) ask originals + one of less than three month for marriage and birth certificates 

Thank you! In my country documents expire after 3 months, but I think the embassy will accept them because it is not mentioned in the website

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

4 documents invalid!! It seems all that we have submitted was rejected. 

Once we have submitted the corrected documents, how long does it take for nvc to review and give us a feedback again? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.