Jump to content

1,000 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Hi, I did not know they still send information during the weekend 

I didn’t expect that either.  I guessed the system will take 24 hour to update so it automatically send 

3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Congratulations 🎉 

time to pay and submit documents ! 

Yup, I am going do it today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Hi, I did not know they still send information during the weekend 

3 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Hi, I did not know they still send information during the weekend 

Congratulations.🎉🎊🎈 

3 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NCV Payments Made : 11/8/19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I have a question, so my wife since her birth to the day we got married had no last name. She got married to me legally but has not changed her passport, now the nvc is referring to her name as FNU as they consider her first name as last name. Why does the nvc do this and why can't they use my last name as her last name. Is changing the passport the only solution to this problem. I have provided evidence such as my marriage certificate to nvc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Aasish Chandra said:

Hey guys I have a question, so my wife since her birth to the day we got married had no last name. She got married to me legally but has not changed her passport, now the nvc is referring to her name as FNU as they consider her first name as last name. Why does the nvc do this and why can't they use my last name as her last name. Is changing the passport the only solution to this problem. I have provided evidence such as my marriage certificate to nvc 

They can’t use your sirname as her last name because it doesn’t appear that she’s legally changed her name... so her maiden name still applies... not sure why USCIS is treating her first name as last though.. 

 

Fiji I think works similar to Aus, she’ll need to fill for name change via deed poll, then update her passport etc in order for her to use yours


CR1/IR1 - USC Spousal Visa

  • Married 14 April 2018
  • I130 Package Sent 30 Sept 2018
  • NOA1 PD 5 Oct 2018 (Nebraska) 
  • NOA2 30 September 2019 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
  • Sent to NVC 10 October 2019
  • AOS/IV Package Submitted 15 November 2019 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some guidance please

 

Our documents for K-1 have been sent to the embassy abroad from NVC

 

we have started applying online for the DS-160

 

on the application there is stuff that we do not know what to answer. for example: Father's address - my fiancee doesn't talk to her father. so what would we put there??

 

thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear NVC buddies,

 

Has anyone encountered an Application Error on your AOS?

I am stuck in this Error message since the 24th of October - the time when they reviewed my documents and asked to resubmit one document. Already checked from different browsers and computers, submitted queries, calling NVC and not getting much of a reply or information. Meanwhile the case is in "INCOMPLETE", so no one would touch it until it is complete...😭

Has anyone here had any luck escalating their technical issues and getting through? It seems like it is nowhere and will be nowhere until I find a way to get through to the right department, which apparently it is not NVC and is CEAC... with all the maintenance issues going on I doubt that my single case is anything of the priority, if they even know about it...

Would appreciate any advice on what to try here or your experience if this happened to you...

 

Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone was talking about calling the NVC to get their case looked at more frequently, stating that a NVC representative said call back in a couple of weeks.  Funny, I've called the NVC twice now and both times they referred me to their processing times and said that each case was different.  Even when I told one of them, that I had seen someone's case approved in 2 hours.  I don't understand what makes some cases move really fast and others move at a snail's pace.  I sure hope mine is DQ'd this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elena333 said:

Dear NVC buddies,

 

Has anyone encountered an Application Error on your AOS?

I am stuck in this Error message since the 24th of October - the time when they reviewed my documents and asked to resubmit one document. Already checked from different browsers and computers, submitted queries, calling NVC and not getting much of a reply or information. Meanwhile the case is in "INCOMPLETE", so no one would touch it until it is complete...😭

Has anyone here had any luck escalating their technical issues and getting through? It seems like it is nowhere and will be nowhere until I find a way to get through to the right department, which apparently it is not NVC and is CEAC... with all the maintenance issues going on I doubt that my single case is anything of the priority, if they even know about it...

Would appreciate any advice on what to try here or your experience if this happened to you...

 

Thank you!!!

Could this be the reason? Refer to the part that says "Note:" at the bottom. 

Capture d’écran 2019-11-04 à 11.31.31 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, americanussie said:

I need some guidance please

 

Our documents for K-1 have been sent to the embassy abroad from NVC

 

we have started applying online for the DS-160

 

on the application there is stuff that we do not know what to answer. for example: Father's address - my fiancee doesn't talk to her father. so what would we put there??

 

thanks in advance

“Unknown”


Our CR1 Journey:

 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

 

NVC Stage:

  • Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elena333 said:

Dear NVC buddies,

 

Has anyone encountered an Application Error on your AOS?

I am stuck in this Error message since the 24th of October - the time when they reviewed my documents and asked to resubmit one document. Already checked from different browsers and computers, submitted queries, calling NVC and not getting much of a reply or information. Meanwhile the case is in "INCOMPLETE", so no one would touch it until it is complete...😭

Has anyone here had any luck escalating their technical issues and getting through? It seems like it is nowhere and will be nowhere until I find a way to get through to the right department, which apparently it is not NVC and is CEAC... with all the maintenance issues going on I doubt that my single case is anything of the priority, if they even know about it...

Would appreciate any advice on what to try here or your experience if this happened to you...

 

Thank you!!!

Hi,

I think you're in the same situation as us of 1.5 months ago.

In our case, my husband called NVC and complained about the problem as soon as we found the problem. An operator of NVC said "please send us email about the problem and wait till it was fixed".

And we sent email to NVC and just waited while checking CEAC everyday.

In about a week, we could proceed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...