Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
38 minutes ago, bellaquang said:

I got my case number and ID number last night, so excited 

Congratulations 🎉 

time to pay and submit documents ! 

3 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Hi, I did not know they still send information during the weekend 

I didn’t expect that either.  I guessed the system will take 24 hour to update so it automatically send 

3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Congratulations 🎉 

time to pay and submit documents ! 

Yup, I am going do it today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations.🎉🎊🎈 

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline

Hey guys I have a question, so my wife since her birth to the day we got married had no last name. She got married to me legally but has not changed her passport, now the nvc is referring to her name as FNU as they consider her first name as last name. Why does the nvc do this and why can't they use my last name as her last name. Is changing the passport the only solution to this problem. I have provided evidence such as my marriage certificate to nvc 

10 minutes ago, Aasish Chandra said:

Hey guys I have a question, so my wife since her birth to the day we got married had no last name. She got married to me legally but has not changed her passport, now the nvc is referring to her name as FNU as they consider her first name as last name. Why does the nvc do this and why can't they use my last name as her last name. Is changing the passport the only solution to this problem. I have provided evidence such as my marriage certificate to nvc 

They can’t use your sirname as her last name because it doesn’t appear that she’s legally changed her name... so her maiden name still applies... not sure why USCIS is treating her first name as last though.. 

Fiji I think works similar to Aus, she’ll need to fill for name change via deed poll, then update her passport etc in order for her to use yours

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I need some guidance please

Our documents for K-1 have been sent to the embassy abroad from NVC

we have started applying online for the DS-160

on the application there is stuff that we do not know what to answer. for example: Father's address - my fiancee doesn't talk to her father. so what would we put there??

thanks in advance

Dear NVC buddies,

Has anyone encountered an Application Error on your AOS?

I am stuck in this Error message since the 24th of October - the time when they reviewed my documents and asked to resubmit one document. Already checked from different browsers and computers, submitted queries, calling NVC and not getting much of a reply or information. Meanwhile the case is in "INCOMPLETE", so no one would touch it until it is complete...😭

Has anyone here had any luck escalating their technical issues and getting through? It seems like it is nowhere and will be nowhere until I find a way to get through to the right department, which apparently it is not NVC and is CEAC... with all the maintenance issues going on I doubt that my single case is anything of the priority, if they even know about it...

Would appreciate any advice on what to try here or your experience if this happened to you...

Thank you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Someone was talking about calling the NVC to get their case looked at more frequently, stating that a NVC representative said call back in a couple of weeks.  Funny, I've called the NVC twice now and both times they referred me to their processing times and said that each case was different.  Even when I told one of them, that I had seen someone's case approved in 2 hours.  I don't understand what makes some cases move really fast and others move at a snail's pace.  I sure hope mine is DQ'd this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, elena333 said:

Dear NVC buddies,

I am stuck in this Error message since the 24th of October - the time when they reviewed my documents and asked to resubmit one document. Already checked from different browsers and computers, submitted queries, calling NVC and not getting much of a reply or information. Meanwhile the case is in "INCOMPLETE", so no one would touch it until it is complete...😭

Has anyone here had any luck escalating their technical issues and getting through? It seems like it is nowhere and will be nowhere until I find a way to get through to the right department, which apparently it is not NVC and is CEAC... with all the maintenance issues going on I doubt that my single case is anything of the priority, if they even know about it...

Would appreciate any advice on what to try here or your experience if this happened to you...

Thank you!!!

Could this be the reason? Refer to the part that says "Note:" at the bottom. 

Capture d’écran 2019-11-04 à 11.31.31 AM.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 hours ago, americanussie said:

I need some guidance please

Our documents for K-1 have been sent to the embassy abroad from NVC

we have started applying online for the DS-160

on the application there is stuff that we do not know what to answer. for example: Father's address - my fiancee doesn't talk to her father. so what would we put there??

thanks in advance

“Unknown”

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, elena333 said:

Dear NVC buddies,

Thank you!!!

Hi,

I think you're in the same situation as us of 1.5 months ago.

In our case, my husband called NVC and complained about the problem as soon as we found the problem. An operator of NVC said "please send us email about the problem and wait till it was fixed".

And we sent email to NVC and just waited while checking CEAC everyday.

In about a week, we could proceed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.