dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

I am sorry to be the one giving « bad news » I hope you will have answers to your questions 😊

No worries, I like this forum because it has helpful information and provides support. After being on hold for an hour, I was told that they still have not created a case number so I will try again next week 😊

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline

Hi everyone

I am a little confused as to what the status of our application is.

I previously uploaded all NVC documents and received an email that there was an update to our case. I logged in and saw everything was listed as "ACCEPTED."

However, there is a message saying "(Sponsor's name) does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos."

So...where does that leave me? Do I move on to the interview stage? Do I have to provide a joint sponsor before moving on to the interview stage? Do I just bring paper documents of the joint sponsor's I-864, birth certificate, tax returns, proof of employment, etc. to the interview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Does anyone know if a file is over 2mb, ceac automatically shows up a message indicating in red that it reached its maximum mb when uploading the I864? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Their waiting time are soooo long .

if they received it on 10/10 you will probably hear from them in few days .

for example their received my case on 10/09 and I had my case number on 10/04 . 
You  will receive a mail . 

WOW! That was fast... NVC received my case 10/17 and I'm waiting for a case number.

Nebraska Service Center

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

Timeline
29 minutes ago, bellaquang said:

I called NVC last week, and spoke to a guy (after 1h30 of wait).  He told me NVC got my case on 10/10, and I had to wait.  I called again yesterday, and spoke to a lady.  She said NVC got my information and I will get welcome letter when case number and ID number create for me.  She doesn’t have time frame for me.  Now I am patiently waiting. 

I just spoke to someone too and she said that they have not created a case number for me yet. 

Nebraska Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, aabd1987 said:

How did you find out when your application got sent to NVC?  What should I be expecting???  A letter or what?  Thanks!!!

I have the Case Tracker and got an email from USCIS that they sent it to NVC

But thats all so far. No news if it arrived and so on :)

But my friends application got sent 7 days prior to mine so I think its my turn soon.

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

28 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Their waiting time are soooo long .

if they received it on 10/10 you will probably hear from them in few days .

for example their received my case on 10/09 and I had my case number on 10/04 . 
You  will receive a mail . 

I have that feeling too.  Thank you for your inspiration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

WOW! That was fast... NVC received my case 10/17 and I'm waiting for a case number.

Yeah less than a month . You gonna heat something probably next week or early the week after 

26 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

I just spoke to someone too and she said that they have not created a case number for me yet. 

When do they received your case ? 

27 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

We will have something soon, let's hope for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, FloraTen said:

Can you access both fees to make payments on ceac?

Yes I paid the 1st one yesterday and just paid the 2nd one a few minutes ago.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nyro33 said:

Hi everyone

I am a little confused as to what the status of our application is.

I previously uploaded all NVC documents and received an email that there was an update to our case. I logged in and saw everything was listed as "ACCEPTED."

However, there is a message saying "(Sponsor's name) does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 for a joint sponsor may be submitted. FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos."

So...where does that leave me? Do I move on to the interview stage? Do I have to provide a joint sponsor before moving on to the interview stage? Do I just bring paper documents of the joint sponsor's I-864, birth certificate, tax returns, proof of employment, etc. to the interview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

What this means is your sponsor's income is not as per requirement or he might have more household members of his own due to which NVC has made this statement....

To be sure before going to the interview it is suggested to find a new joint sponser. In current situation you have a chance of being asked of a new sponsor which can further delay your case even after interview....

Timeline
1 hour ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

What this means is your sponsor's income is not as per requirement or he might have more household members of his own due to which NVC has made this statement....

To be sure before going to the interview it is suggested to find a new joint sponser. In current situation you have a chance of being asked of a new sponsor which can further delay your case even after interview....

HI Syed

Thank you very much for your reply. I greatly appreciate it.

I will definitely be finding a co-sponsor. My question is whether I need to do that before NVC will send my case to the embassy or whether my husband will be scheduled for an interview now even before I upload the co-sponsor documents to NVC.

Thank you again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.