dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Kani2015 said:

Could this be the reason? Refer to the part that says "Note:" at the bottom. 

Capture d’écran 2019-11-04 à 11.31.31 AM.png

Dear Kani2015,

Thank you so much for your time to read my post and quoting this!!! I appreciate your care🙏

I think (I also hope) that this doesn't pertain to me, because I have had both applications available to pay the fee for and I paid the fees, and DS 261 was approved and I submitted AOS already with the review coming back asking me to resubmit one of my documents at the AOS, it is just that afterwards it got stuck with the application error and has been stuck for 10 days now... So it seems like some other issue.

Thank you!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Cony said:

Hi,

I think you're in the same situation as us of 1.5 months ago.

In our case, my husband called NVC and complained about the problem as soon as we found the problem. An operator of NVC said "please send us email about the problem and wait till it was fixed".

And we sent email to NVC and just waited while checking CEAC everyday.

In about a week, we could proceed. 

Hi Cony,

Thank you so much for your kind reply!!!🙏 This is relieving to hear, as we found someone online who waited 6 weeks to 4 months until the issue has been resolved. So the fact that they resolved it in one week is encouraging, we have been so far 10 days and have submitted an inquiry online 10 days ago for that through the ceac website. When we call, they just tell us to wait and that they don't know the timelines for the it issues as they are not connected to NVC

Can I ask you please, which email did you use for that? or which link? Perhaps I can try some other way also...

We have been in this process for 15 months now and counting, so getting stuck like that and not moving at all is very daunting.

Thank you again!!!

On 11/1/2019 at 5:47 AM, AlenaNick said:

Still waiting for the NVC.

I got my USCIS NOA2 on the 26th of September. (Texas)

My application got sent to NVC on the 9th of October

My friend's got sent 7 days prior and just heard from them today. 

So Im positive to hear from them next week or the week after.

yeah they are pretty on point with timing ours were received on 3 October and got emails last week.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:35 AM, Sea Leslie said:

I got approved 9/27 and I have not received a case number yet either. I am hopeful that I will get it in the next two weeks 🙏

yeah I think you are 2 weeks out as you say, they seem pretty on point with timing mentioned on site ours were received 3 October and got emails late last week.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:42 AM, aabd1987 said:

How did you find out when your application got sent to NVC?  What should I be expecting???  A letter or what?  Thanks!!!

you can look up on uscis site with receipt number after approval notice they should say when they sent the application. After that you can phone NVC at some point (usually 9am eastern is good just when they open). They will tell you if they recieved the case.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, FloraTen said:

Has anyone who had recently received their case number and are having issues with the missing AOS fee option in ceac gotten any feedback from NVC other than to submit a query/wait ?

yeah my AOS didn't show up immediately showed up a day later just give a day or two.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, pinano said:

Finally Documentarily Qualified! 😄

I just got an email - 7h30 EST, saying all our documents have been approved. We were delayed a week for having to resubmit docs.

Our timeline was:

September 14 -  Submitted all docs;

October 28 - Two docs rejected, one being an editable AOS form, and the other, the tax transcript, made no sense.

October 28 - I called NVC and complained about the tax transcript, and the rep agreed it made no sense and requested a supervisor review; he stressed I should not update the documents while the review was pending.

October 30 - I called again, and a different NVC rep told me I could update the docs if I wanted to.

October 30 - resubmitted the two docs. The transcript was the very same that had been rejected.

November 4 - DQ - I'm assuming a supervisor review happened and approved everything.

Yay! 

Congratulations!

Hoping for a timely interview.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:02 AM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thank you For the link  but we know that it’s not the truth .. 

they are reviewing case from people who submitted way after me everyday . So I don’t trust their infos .

i am Sincerely glad  that everyone get further in the process but it’s so frustrating to see that as usual we can not have « real » informations and that there is no rule like for USCIS . So we are in the dark all the time and it’s tiring 

they do review things sporadically but not everyone is lucky unfortunately, and this is there general waiting time, if it takes longer then this timeline they have on site then for sure give a phone call and they will probably review things super fast because you got delayed but yeah within this process timeframe of around 6 weeks you're still in normal processing parameters. We are submitting soon and I'm hoping we are lucky like some but who knows what will happen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, elena333 said:

Hi Cony,

Thank you so much for your kind reply!!!🙏 This is relieving to hear, as we found someone online who waited 6 weeks to 4 months until the issue has been resolved. So the fact that they resolved it in one week is encouraging, we have been so far 10 days and have submitted an inquiry online 10 days ago for that through the ceac website. When we call, they just tell us to wait and that they don't know the timelines for the it issues as they are not connected to NVC

Can I ask you please, which email did you use for that? or which link? Perhaps I can try some other way also...

We have been in this process for 15 months now and counting, so getting stuck like that and not moving at all is very daunting.

Thank you again!!!

My husband sent an email with some attachments from below.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

The attachments are screenshots of the error page.

Actually, my husband called nvc twice. The first operator told us to just wait till CEAC was fixed. Second told us to send an email. 

So the answer depends on the operator. But either seemed not to know about website's error.

why don't you call NVC again if you can? If you can't get the different answer from it which you got before, you should send email to NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all. We got DQ on October 18th then they requested additional proof of assets and employment which I submitted October 23. Hoe long does it take NVC to accept/review the documents?  How long is the interview wait in lagos?

Respected, 
Am waiting for my case number from nvc for 3 and half months,every time we called them,it’s got dropped and they telling they received our petition and entered in their system and it is in administrative processing,when can I expect my case number? 
Am F2A category from India and my wife petitioned for me

3 hours ago, DeeandFelix said:

Hello all. We got DQ on October 18th then they requested additional proof of assets and employment which I submitted October 23. Hoe long does it take NVC to accept/review the documents?  How long is the interview wait in lagos?

I submitted mine on the 23rd as well. We should hear by early to mid December. The wait time is around 6 weeks currently. As of yesterday they were reviewing documents submitted on Sept 19th, so it should be another month wait. See the link below to check the date they are reviewing (scroll down). It is updated every Monday (US eastern time) around 5pm.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

8 hours ago, DeeandFelix said:

Did they request for the additional evidence at the same time they made you DQ? Also for Lagos they schedule about a month from case complete with interview taking place about 3-4 weeks after that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.