dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
10 hours ago, JKSdoc said:

Awesome! quick question re logistics, did you receive an email once the documents were accepted? Or do they only notify once all the documents have been reviewed?

Yes, we did. Which we weren’t expecting on the same day as we submitted! I honestly have zero knowledge as to how any of this works. 🤪

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/1/2019 at 5:11 PM, portorusa said:

Our NOA2 was on 7/9, also Texas Service Center. NVC received it on 8/23. Still waiting for the case number.

Soonest it will come

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We want to start preparing our documents, so that we can upload them as soon as possible, when the time comes. Still waiting for the case and invoice number since the USCIS-NVC transfer on August 20. Does anyone know the required format of the uploads? Are the documents supposed to be scanned in a particular way, in separate PDF-files or all in one, etc.? Anything we should consider in regard to submitting the documents?

Also, we have a legal representative connected to our application, and she never responds to our e-mails or calls. My wife and I are worried that this will delay our application. We are not even sure who the agent will be in our case, if it will be either of us or the legal representative (we read something about lawyers/legal representatives being automatically chosen as agents). In the case of the latter, that would be a total disaster... 

I hope we and the rest of you waiting receive a case number soon :(( Going to call tomorrow and ask again! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 9/6/2019 at 7:54 PM, Saman1103 said:

Use PDFs not jpg files.  Make sure all your files are facing correctly. 

.Do I upload pictures of us under the “other” tab or the only pics uploaded are his passport 2x2 under beneficiary tab?  I’ve started on the ds260 form but haven’t submitted his documents yet. What was your order with this before hitting the submit button. Any advice will help. Thanks. Everything is in pdf 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, L and H said:

Yes, we did. Which we weren’t expecting on the same day as we submitted! I honestly have zero knowledge as to how any of this works. 🤪

You got CC within the same day you submitted your docs.  That’s pretty awesome. Congrats.

I’ve noticed that happens for some people too. 

Will be nice to have the same happen , 😁,  wishful thinking here. 

Edited by Nyhearts

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nyhearts said:

You got CC within the same day you submitted your docs.  That’s pretty awesome. Congrats.

I’ve noticed that happens for some people too. 

Will be nice to have the same happen , 😁,  wishful thinking here. 

It was definitely a surprise to see that our case had been reviewed the same day. Though they did reject 3 documents for an unknown reason, so no CC yet. 😑 We have resubmitted and crossing fingers for another quick review. 

Wishing you the same!! 😃

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 minutes ago, L and H said:

It was definitely a surprise to see that our case had been reviewed the same day. Though they did reject 3 documents for an unknown reason, so no CC yet. 😑 We have resubmitted and crossing fingers for another quick review. 

Wishing you the same!! 😃

Thank you. Fingers crossed.

I hope they review your resubmission as quickly too. 

All the best.☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, L and H said:

Wishing you the same!! 😃

Did you correct anything in those 3 docs? Didn’t they tell you what was wrong with them ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 hours ago, L and H said:

Wishing you the same!! 😃

I really do wonder why some people are lucky and seem to get reviewed within a week to ten days or less. It makes no sense and there seems to be no pattern to it.

Timeline
5 hours ago, MrsEze said:

Did you correct anything in those 3 docs? Didn’t they tell you what was wrong with them ? 

Not really. They got rejected with the response saying that basically the documents were missing sides/pages and/or stamps. Though none of them were. All had all the pages and official stamps included. We just resubmitted the same documents with added comments because it wasn’t clear what exactly they were looking for. 🤞

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kris & Crystal said:

I really do wonder why some people are lucky and seem to get reviewed within a week to ten days or less. It makes no sense and there seems to be no pattern to it.

There doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason. I would like to believe that maybe they try and review cases that had much longer processing times at USCIS first, but I doubt that is the case. 

6 hours ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Could be those embassy that they are tied to need more work so they get bumped forward. That's my theory. You wouldn't want idle employees when they are efficient and there's plenty of work in the pipeline. 

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

11 hours ago, Kris & Crystal said:

I do, too! I submitted the last documents on July 27 and still have heard nothing while some other people submitted on July 29 and got a reply a week ago. I asked the woman I spoke to at the NVC point blank if there are separate queues for reviewing documents because some are getting reviewed more quickly than others and she said no and that they are reviewed in date received order. That is clearly a load of rubbish. 

Here's hoping we get get some CCs on this thread this week! Good luck everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 9/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, portorusa said:

Our NOA2 was on 7/9, also Texas Service Center. NVC received it on 8/23. Still waiting for the case number.

And @Nyhearts

how did you know when the NVC received it? Did you get an email or have to call? I got the emails that USCIS sent it to NVC about 10 days ago. But I haven’t heard anything since. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.