dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

For proof of domicile, I submitted a copy of my Auto insurance cards...is that ok?

Also, do I have to submit my marriage certificate under the aos tab or beneficiary tab or both?

Edited by Gojo

1 hour ago, Gojo said:

Are we supposed to upload our w-2 with tax TRANSCRIPTS?

If you have a  joint tax return and you are using your income only  then yes, you have  to include W2s.

In my case, my husband and I file jointly because we have investments in the US (we lived there for a few years before moving to Australia for my job - his green card expired so that's why were having to go through this nightmare again) and I have a job here in Australia earning AUD so I have no W2 and my income here is  considered 0 for the purposes of the I-864. But, despite submitting a letter to the NVC from my employer to prove that I have a job here  earning AUD (which was accepted by the NVC), I had to submit an explanation letter as to why I don't have a W2. 

Edited by Msbreeuk

NVC UPDATE! I spoke with a very helpful woman there this morning and she said they are working on petitions received 8/12. Mine was received 8/16, so she told me to expect a case number next week. 

If you don’t know when or if NVC has received your petition, call and ask, they will let you know. 

Edited by inneedofmyhb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, bhasin said:

Let me know when u hear back ...we are re-submission August 4

Will do

Anyone who uploaded around 8/1 get an approval? 

1 hour ago, Saman1103 said:

Will do

Anyone who uploaded around 8/1 get an approval? 

Is resubmission when you have to upload a document again? Any advice for me when it’s time to upload my documents so we don’t get any rejections? Thank you guys and good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

NVC UPDATE! I spoke with a very helpful woman there this morning and she said they are working on petitions received 8/12. Mine was received 8/16, so she told me to expect a case number next week. 

If you don’t know when or if NVC has received your petition, call and ask, they will let you know. 

Thanks for the update, I never get to talk to anyone helpful. They keep telling me to wait 8 weeks from the date they received my case. 

NVC received my case: 8/16.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Is resubmission when you have to upload a document again? Any advice for me when it’s time to upload my documents so we don’t get any rejections? Thank you guys and good luck! 

Use PDFs not jpg files.  Make sure all your files are facing correctly. 

1 hour ago, Nyhearts said:

Thanks for the update, I never get to talk to anyone helpful. They keep telling me to wait 8 weeks from the date they received my case. 

NVC received my case: 8/16.

They also received mine 8/16. She told me to start checking my email and the junk/spam folder next week. 

27 minutes ago, Saman1103 said:

Use PDFs not jpg files.  Make sure all your files are facing correctly. 

Great advice, thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
19 hours ago, bhasin said:

Guys question please...we added my husband's father as out joint sponsor a d he filled i-864. He files taxes Jointly with his wife however we are just using his income to sponsor..does she also have to fill something?

Yes she have to fill l-864A

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi,

Has anyone had submitted documents rejected with the reason stated as “We are unable to accept this document as uploaded without all sides of every page. Please replace this document in its entirety and/or with all stamps visible.” ?

We had 3 documents rejected with this response, even though all pages with all official stamps were included. Not sure what to replace them with?

Thank you!

Edited by L and H

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
7 hours ago, bhasin said:

Are you sure about this? I read somewhere if the my husband's father 's income is sufficient we don't need his mother to sign i864a coz we are not using her income? Know of anyone with similar experience ?

I had the same situation , she have to fill out because they married and file jointly.  My stepfather income was sufficient,  but my mom fill out I-864a because they married ,file jointly and live in the same house. Someone else can clarify this if I am wrong . Good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
10 hours ago, Cheridane123 said:

Yes she have to fill l-864A

7 hours ago, bhasin said:

Are you sure about this? I read somewhere if the my husband's father 's income is sufficient we don't need his mother to sign i864a coz we are not using her income? Know of anyone with similar experience ?

I don’t believe that’s correct. We used a joint sponsor who files jointly with spouse, but we’re not using his income. The joint sponsor only filled out the I-864, and it has been accepted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.