dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Nice!!! It should move along smoothly m. Hopefully we get case number soon! 

I am sure that you will receive it this week.

4 hours ago, portorusa said:

Congratulations !! How did you find out, through an email from NVC?

I got an email from NVC with the case number in the afternoon. Actually, I called earlier in the morning but the lady told me that no case number assigned for my petition at that time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, Swadesfan said:

I am sure that you will receive it this week.

I got an email from NVC with the case number in the afternoon. Actually, I called earlier in the morning but the lady told me that no case number assigned for my petition at that time.

@inneedofmyhb I’m hopeful we’ll get ours on Thursday. If my calculation is right😃. Fingers crossed. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, Swadesfan said:

Received the case number today. Paid both fees and showing in process. Finally, it feels like we are getting close...hopefully, Mumbai's backlog is reduced somewhat by the time we get case closed.

Congrats @Swadesfan.

1 hour ago, Nyhearts said:

@inneedofmyhb I’m hopeful we’ll get ours on Thursday. If my calculation is right😃. Fingers crossed. 

Oh how I hope you’re right!! 🙌🏼☺️

1 minute ago, Weebee said:

The NVC site was updated. 

As of 9-SEP-2019, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 28-JUL-2019

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wait 3 more weeks for review since I submitted on August 11. It's awesome. 😤

It's pathetic ...are they saying they can't even review one days documents in a day? 

21 minutes ago, Weebee said:

Yep. 4 days of document per week. For the past 3 weeks now.

Could people a lot of people are messing up and not sending out the proper documents so it causes the NVC employee to write a report, provide a checklist, send it off, and push the petition back to the queue. 
If a petition has all it supposed to have then maybe the NVC employee just processes those faster. 

So basically what I am saying is make sure you do your research and upload things correctly and then things would be smooth sailing for everyone :) 

It's like that guy in traffic setting their destination in their GPS driving under the speed limit. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Hi! Just a bit of a timeline update. 

NOA1 12/21/18

NOA2 7/19/19

Sent to NVC 7/23/19

NVC Received 7/31/19

Case number assigned 8/22/19

IV and AOS packages sent 8/27/19

Awaiting documents to be accepted 

I emailed NVC using their inquiry form last 8/10/19 because we initially couldn't get through their hotline, just to follow up on our case number. NVC just so happened to respond to my email last 9/6/19 informing me that the documents we submitted are being reviewed. I'm not sure if they mean that the documents are currently being reviewed or are in queue for review but either way I guess that's a good thing. Still no update on our CEAC site. 

I also noticed that they've been reviewing documents with an earlier priority date and not by document date submission. Idunno, I'm just really speculating at this point. ☺️

50 minutes ago, Weebee said:

The NVC site was updated. 

As of 9-SEP-2019, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 28-JUL-2019

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wait 3 more weeks for review since I submitted on August 11. It's awesome. 😤

I spoke with an agent last week and she said they were working on 8/12 petitions and yesterday someone in my 130 group whose petition was received by NVC on 8/12 received her case number. So I think what they post is a bit delayed. 

3 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I spoke with an agent last week and she said they were working on 8/12 petitions and yesterday someone in my 130 group whose petition was received by NVC on 8/12 received her case number. So I think what they post is a bit delayed. 

I think you misunderstood what was said. :)

This is the current case creation time. AKA getting the case number.

ds3w8KC.jpg

This is the current review time for documents submitted aka You finished uploading all the stuff needed for review. 

oO4o2o1.jpg

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.