dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
13 minutes ago, L and H said:

I don’t believe that’s correct. We used a joint sponsor who files jointly with spouse, but we’re not using his income. The joint sponsor only filled out the I-864, and it has been accepted.

Alright . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

NVC UPDATE! I spoke with a very helpful woman there this morning and she said they are working on petitions received 8/12. Mine was received 8/16, so she told me to expect a case number next week. 

If you don’t know when or if NVC has received your petition, call and ask, they will let you know. 

Thank you for the update. Our was received 8/13. I was going to call Friday but got busy at work. This makes me really happy, we should receive it this week. 🤞🏼

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My i130 was approved and was received by nvc on july8..I'm still waiting on a case number.. while waiting I'm trying to collect documents.. do I need the co sponsor birth certificate? And will my husband need to take the co sponsor original birth certificate to my husband country? And can I use a w-2 transcript instead of going to my employers to get a original copy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
7 hours ago, bhasin said:

Thanks for your reply ..how recent is this? 

Yesterday our AOS documents were accepted.

Under Part 6 on the I-864, you only put the person/sponsor’s income that you are using. Even if they are married and file jointly, you do not have to include their spouse’s income if the one spouse qualifies on their own. Just make sure that the sponsor submits their W2s as proof that he/she alone meets the income requirements. If you list the spouse, then yes, they must complete an I-864A.

1 hour ago, L and H said:

Yesterday our AOS documents were accepted.

Under Part 6 on the I-864, you only put the person/sponsor’s income that you are using. Even if they are married and file jointly, you do not have to include their spouse’s income if the one spouse qualifies on their own. Just make sure that the sponsor submits their W2s as proof that he/she alone meets the income requirements. If you list the spouse, then yes, they must complete an I-864A.

Awesome! quick question re logistics, did you receive an email once the documents were accepted? Or do they only notify once all the documents have been reviewed?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think only the front is fine, but I'll let someone who got their's approved confirm that. 

btw.. did you get your case numbers yet?

I'm still waiting :( NVC received 8/16.

Edited by Nyhearts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
49 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

Good day guys! Please for proof of domicile, do we scan front AND back of drivers license? 

I think only the front is fine, but I'll let someone who got their's approved confirm that. 

I'm still waiting :( NVC received 8/16.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just wanted to update everyone. So the VO got the household wrong not only that .. He said my husband's passport was not valid and it is. It's valid until June 26? Unbelievable.. anyways our attorney resubmitted everything. With a cover letter explaining  everything.  We are now waiting for a reply. The attorney believes that everything should go well and he is baffled by the mistakes made by the embassy.. anyone have any clue on what the aprox. Wait the for resubmitting an Aos to the embassy ?... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Do we have to submit the ds260 application before the required documents or do we submit it all at the same time. Also me as the American citizen, am I uploading dL, passport and birth certificate under AOS tab? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nyhearts said:

I'm still waiting :( NVC received 8/16.

Okay thanks. Yes! I got it last week Friday on the 27th and case was received at nvc 8/8. It’s coming real soon ! 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Do we have to submit the ds260 application before the required documents or do we submit it all at the same time. Also me as the American citizen, am I uploading dL, passport and birth certificate under AOS tab? 

Yes submit that first then upload others. Once you get in, you will see all you need to upload. Everyone case is different but to show proof of citizenship you can upload you birth certificate under we’re it asks for proof. And aos tab is your affidavit documents only then under it is another tab for us citizenship proof 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.