dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently October 2019 thread),

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Also please you all help me help you. If there's anything you feel is needed or needs to be changed in the first post (I assume everyone reads it) please post and let me know.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AliSab said:

Hi Guys i have a quick question. My NVC account showing paid and now i have to upload tax docs. 
I filed extension on my 2018 Tax. Can i upload tax return of 2015,2016,2017? or do i need to file Tax of 2018? 

You can upload the extension letter. That's.  I would of course submit the previous 2 years also just to show your job history.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I’m worried about my AOS when it comes time to submit. I just paid Invoices. I just started a part time job this week. I have a offer letter from them. Will that be taken into consideration by NVC into my current salary,  even though I’m just starting?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband and I are working on his IV application on CEAC, and it appears there is not enough space in the text box for the name of his city. Any suggestions on what to do about this? 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Hi guys, 

on Aug 20 we received email requesting W2 form & stating my I864 was password secured so & they were unable to read it.

I resubmitted both documents on same day.

I called every day since aug 20 and same response still not reviewed.

on August 27 I spoke to a rep a NVC and he was able to tell me if documents were viewable and he said yes. 

How much longer for them to review documents again? 

Could I request for a supervisor review since its been 12 days ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

How is the NVC process going for all of you? My wife and I are eagerly waiting for the date that NVC finally receives our case and more importantly, to move forward in our journey to reunite in the US, getting a case + IIN # and then hopefully, pay the bills and send both packages as soon as possible. We were approved on August 13, and hope to hear something by September 13 or so. When I called the NVC a few days ago, our case had not been received, but I guess it will arrive this coming week (hopefully). 

And oh by the way, thank you all for contributing to create a great resource here on this forum and the NVC wiki guide. 

For those of you who have recently been informed that your case has been received by the NVC, and those who have been notified of their CC, what is the process like for you now? I am trying to follow similar timelines to estimate how long my process could take, especially in regard to the timeline starting from the point NVC receives my case until we are (or I am, rather) assigned an interview date in Stockholm.

Another question - did all of you include photocopies of your police records in your package? I am curious because in my country, Sweden, police records are received in sealed envelopes only, and are not supposed to be opened by anyone other than the official, employer or institution which required it in the first place. And as you might understand, I would not be able to make a photocopy unless I actually opened the envelope... This rule does not apply here, I assume?

Thank you and good luck to all of you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, Wilman1716 said:

Hi guys, 

on Aug 20 we received email requesting W2 form & stating my I864 was password secured so & they were unable to read it.

on August 27 I spoke to a rep a NVC and he was able to tell me if documents were viewable and he said yes. 

It takes up to 3 weeks to review your documents, just like if you had submitted them for the first time. Sometimes they are a little faster. You won't be able to request a supervisor review until 3 weeks has passed.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Wilman1716 said:

Hi guys, 

It will take up to four weeks for document review, even if you only have to resubmit one thing. Once you resubmit something, the wait restarts as you reenter the 'queue' basically. I'm not sure how long you have to wait to have the option of supervisor review, but it can certainly be a gamble. Could make things go faster or slower. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Madison S. said:

It will take up to four weeks for document review, even if you only have to resubmit one thing. Once you resubmit something, the wait restarts as you reenter the 'queue' basically. I'm not sure how long you have to wait to have the option of supervisor review, but it can certainly be a gamble. Could make things go faster or slower. 

15 hours ago, Wilman1716 said:

Hi guys, 

We just got a resubmitted document approved last week (YAY!) but it took a whole month for one document that just needed to be rotated. The NVC agents on phone told me that it could take even longer. As long as the website was still listing that they were looking at documents from before when we submitted, there was nothing to do but wait. 

Edited by gonzolux

Timeline
24 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

We just got a resubmitted document approved last week (YAY!) but it took a whole month for one document that just needed to be rotated. The NVC agents on phone told me that it could take even longer. As long as the website was still listing that they were looking at documents from before when we submitted, there was nothing to do but wait. 

Congratulations! Wish the process moved faster than the three to four week review period, but glad you got Dq :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm at 34 days of waiting after upload. I called NVC on Friday they wouldn't let me escalate. I told um it's been more than 3 weeks and he wouldn't do it. :(

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Saman1103 said:

I'm at 34 days of waiting after upload. I called NVC on Friday they wouldn't let me escalate. I told um it's been more than 3 weeks and he wouldn't do it. :(

Yeah two different NVC agents told me that they couldn't do a supervisor review until the date you uploaded has been posted on the NVC website. One agent told me that it is definitely not three weeks any more, and they go by the date listed below in the picture. It changes every Monday (except today since it's Labor Day and the agency is closed). We did get Case Complete before our date came up on the website but waiting a month is now normal :(

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 10.54.30 AM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.