dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So let me get this straight:

If your joint sponsor is married filing jointly- but makes over 95% of the household income and proves it through tax transcripts, W-2’s, paystubs and an employment letter has to have their spouse (who makes around 5% of the household income) sign an I-864a form.

I did not have my joint sponsor’s spouse do this. I submitted everything Aug. 6th. Is it best to wait to hear back from them? Or should I re-submit it right away?

Hi All,

Good Luck on this new week! Hope we get some good news this week! 

I will have a month since I submitted the documents on Friday and I still have not heard anything. As I read on previous post it is really discouraging seeing how there isn't some sort of structure on how approvals times take place. No updates on the website to determine which dates they are reviewing :( 

I guess we can all relate how stressful this situation can be! 

Approval: 7/2/19

Case Sent to NVC: 7/12/19

Case Received: 7/18/19

Case # Assigned: 8/8/19

Docs submitted 8/13/19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, s.ramos510 said:

Hi All,

I will have a month since I submitted the documents on Friday and I still have not heard anything. As I read on previous post it is really discouraging seeing how there isn't some sort of structure on how approvals times take place. No updates on the website to determine which dates they are reviewing :( 

Docs submitted 8/13/19

They're working on july 24th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

If your joint sponsor is married filing jointly- but makes over 95% of the household income and proves it through tax transcripts, W-2’s, paystubs and an employment letter has to have their spouse (who makes around 5% of the household income) sign an I-864a form.

I did not have my joint sponsor’s spouse do this. I submitted everything Aug. 6th. Is it best to wait to hear back from them? Or should I re-submit it right away?

You can add it now since nvc didnt review your case yet 

2 minutes ago, Cheridane123 said:

You can add it now since nvc didnt review your case yet 

1 hour ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

They will go by the latest submit date regardless if you submitted the docs at an earlier time.  Given all the issues that CEAC has some of my docs went a day apart in the system because of when the clock hit midnight...the agent said that they go by the latest date to review...which SUCKS

2 hours ago, s.ramos510 said:

They will go by the latest submit date regardless if you submitted the docs at an earlier time.  Given all the issues that CEAC has some of my docs went a day apart in the system because of when the clock hit midnight...the agent said that they go by the latest date to review...which SUCKS

Agree that's right! I called nvc they said so! And ours is exactly similar scenario dint submit i864 resubmission Aug 4 . We have decided to wait and hear back

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, LC2010 said:

And @Nyhearts

how did you know when the NVC received it? Did you get an email or have to call? I got the emails that USCIS sent it to NVC about 10 days ago. But I haven’t heard anything since. 

I called NVC provided my USCIS receipt number and they told me they received my case. 

It took about 6 days for my case to be transferred from USCIS to NVC.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

You’re so welcome! Yes, you should be receiving anytime now. Let me know once you have! 🤞🏼

Received the case number today. Paid both fees and showing in process. Finally, it feels like we are getting close...hopefully, Mumbai's backlog is reduced somewhat by the time we get case closed.

6 hours ago, Swadesfan said:

Received the case number today. Paid both fees and showing in process. Finally, it feels like we are getting close...hopefully, Mumbai's backlog is reduced somewhat by the time we get case closed.

Nice!!! It should move along smoothly m. Hopefully we get case number soon! 

7 hours ago, Saman1103 said:

Anyone with an upload date near 8/1 get an approval or review? 

The NVC must be working late because we just got our DQ email a few minutes ago! Finally! Our final submission was on July 27 so it took over 6 weeks for them to review it. Geez.

What's weird, though, is that they have added 2 more tags in Civil Documents requesting my husband's photograph which was already accepted back in May and one of his police reports which was already accepted back in July. This happened to us before back in June and the woman I spoke to at the NVC said it was a software glitch - not surprised since the website they use for CEAC is ancient and very clunky. Anyone else experience that? Not sure what to do with it since we already got the DQ email but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, Swadesfan said:

Received the case number today.

Congratulations !! How did you find out, through an email from NVC?

The backlog is increasing. I fully expect to wait 6 weeks + at this point. 

Earlier people talked about the quick reviews. So far I noticed they have a single thing in common - rejected document based on technical specification. I think there's a group of people working at nvc who are not qualified to adjudicate but they review the initial submition and reject any document that wouldn't qualify for technical reasons. I think they do it to save people time. Because they work with high volume of documents, I also notice there's hiccups like ommissions or rejections for no reason.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
18 hours ago, s.ramos510 said:

Hi All,

Docs submitted 8/13/19

I'll be a month on Wednesday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.