TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/12/2019 at 6:43 AM, Rosie91 said:

Hey congrats!!

when did you file for the i129?

Filed my I130 in April then sent my i129f in September. It got denied in 25 days roughly and my i130 was approved a few days later

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

38 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Gonna try this i-129f thing out!

Don't wait. Do it. Take advantage or you can go about it the hard way make a fuss non stop for weeks 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Just now, JMPM said:

Don't wait. Do it. Take advantage or you can go about it the hard way make a fuss non stop for weeks 

I heard it makes it faster. Theres no point in not trying, August 2019 filer here.

13 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

I heard it makes it faster. Theres no point in not trying, August 2019 filer here.

Agree! That’s what we did. I130 PD Aug 26, 2019. Our I129F was delivered Oct 4, and now we’re waiting for NOA1 for the I129F. 

I agree that there's no harm in trying, as there are plenty of people here for whom the I-129F has resulted in quick processing and approval of the I-130. I'm at day 301 since my I-130 PD and day 40 of my I-129F (and I saw someone recently at day 81 of their I-129F, which I would find really disappointing). I was hoping for a faster turnaround! To be honest, having low expectations makes the wait less stressful, and if your approvals happen for you quickly then your feelings will be that much more joyous. Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Those of you who think that I129K is a miracle...I don't see how you all add info on K3 to your timeline, but my case is an exception and I just want to warn those of you hoping for quick processing. You may or may not be one of the "lucky" ones like me.

So here it goes:

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018

Now we have not heard ANYTHING about our I130, the expedite request has been under review by an officer for 35 days. 

WE called USCIS 4 times about it. One spoke to Teir 2 officer with no luck or any information or updates. All they say is that there is no official timeline to review expedite requests and that all we can do is to submit another (which will cancel a previous one).

Our K3 expedite request was denied due to lack of evidence (they never asked for ANY evidence!) 

There is still no decision on our K3 or I130. And for our K 3 it has been 98 days...and nothing. 

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

12 minutes ago, Tissa said:

Those of you who think that I129K is a miracle...I don't see how you all add info on K3 to your timeline, but my case is an exception and I just want to warn those of you hoping for quick processing. You may or may not be one of the "lucky" ones like me.

So here it goes:

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018

Now we have not heard ANYTHING about our I130, the expedite request has been under review by an officer for 35 days. 

WE called USCIS 4 times about it. One spoke to Teir 2 officer with no luck or any information or updates. All they say is that there is no official timeline to review expedite requests and that all we can do is to submit another (which will cancel a previous one).

Our K3 expedite request was denied due to lack of evidence (they never asked for ANY evidence!) 

There is still no decision on our K3 or I130. And for our K 3 it has been 98 days...and nothing. 

Your I-130's NOA1 date is similar to ours (12/17/18), but your K3 application is several months earlier.

I wonder if having three separate forms in process (now two) has complicated your situation. My I-130's estimated approval date is still early January 2020, which I imagined yours is, too, so perhaps the best thing, even though it's difficult, is just to be patient.

From what I've seen on this forum, I-129F rejections are often followed relatively quickly by I-130 approvals. Hopefully you'll get good news this week.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JapanResident said:

Your I-130's NOA1 date is similar to ours (12/17/18), but your K3 application is several months earlier.

I wonder if having three separate forms in process (now two) has complicated your situation. My I-130's estimated approval date is still early January 2020, which I imagined yours is, too, so perhaps the best thing, even though it's difficult, is just to be patient.

From what I've seen on this forum, I-129F rejections are often followed relatively quickly by I-130 approvals. Hopefully you'll get good news this week.

I no longer even hope  for good news to be honest. I don't think we will hear anything at all about K3. Our i129 wasn't rejected. The expedite request of I129 was...and no change since. Keeps on pending

Edited by Tissa

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

5 hours ago, cbro said:

Just got my NOA1 from Nebraska.  Anyone with an IOE number have any luck with the 129f "shortcut"?

Not us yet. I know there’s quite a few who have applied. We are early July IOE Nebraska and now on day 59 for the I-129f too. According to case tracker there’s only us and 3 others that have not received any update on the I-129f from our date out of about 20 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Tissa said:

I no longer even hope  for good news to be honest. I don't think we will hear anything at all about K3

I know it's hard. I know sometimes it seems like you're in a bottomless pit, but despair should be the last thing on your mind.

We've had a myriad of feelings through various stages in this process ourselves but we just had to summon enough courage to keep pushing.

"Hope" as it is, is what gives us all something to look forward to.

Today might be rough, but tomorrow promises a better day!

It's going to happen. Just keep the faith.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, S&J2013 said:

Not us yet. I know there’s quite a few who have applied. We are early July IOE Nebraska and now on day 59 for the I-129f too. According to case tracker there’s only us and 3 others that have not received any update on the I-129f from our date out of about 20 

There were 5 people (including us) who applied for K3 on the same day as us. All got denied but us. No change for us at all. We are almost 100 days in!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

I know it's hard. I know sometimes it seems like you're in a bottomless pit, but despair should be the last thing on your mind.

We've had a myriad of feelings through various stages in this process ourselves but we just had to summon enough courage to keep pushing.

"Hope" as it is, is what gives us all something to look forward to.

Today might be rough, but tomorrow promises a better day!

It's going to happen. Just keep the faith.

Thank you for the encouragement. I know it is going to happen. But in our case the time is damaging...We have an autistic oldest child (my step) who can't cope with changes well and has been suffering the separation (living with my husband). We have a 3 year old who has been living with me and has been suffering the separation and unable to understand what is going on and why daddy has not been with us and why we can't go home. And 3 weeks ago we welcomed another baby...my husband is here with us now but leaving in a few days. Our 3 year old has been saying she wants to go home to daddy...but having her go to the US with him has its own challenges. Yet she is crying and saying she wants us all to go home already.

We, adults, can wait and cope. But every day of the separation from a parent is severely damaging to the little kids

1 hour ago, S&J2013 said:

Thanks!  What is this case tracker you mention?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.