TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, TheChheavFamily said:

Ours was sent to NVC on 9/9/19 and we just got a case number yesterday 10/10/19. My guess is that yours will be any day now! You’ll both get emails - petitioner and applicant. 

How did your case get received one day and then the next day you got your invoice number and bills etc. That’s a fast turnover .

Just now, DesmondF. said:

How did your case get received one day and then the next day you got your invoice number and bills etc. That’s a fast turnover .

They don’t tell you when they received it unless you call. I live overseas so I didn’t have the ability to call. There is no date on the timeline to say when your case number is assigned so I put that date as they day I received the email with the case number. Sometimes we have to improvise lol. 

The next day I logged in and there was a bill to pay, so I paid it. 

5 minutes ago, TheChheavFamily said:

They don’t tell you when they received it unless you call. I live overseas so I didn’t have the ability to call. There is no date on the timeline to say when your case number is assigned so I put that date as they day I received the email with the case number. Sometimes we have to improvise lol. 

That explains it. 😂😂😂. Good Luck, Through and Through. The end is almost near 👍👍🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, HuberKimFamily said:

If my case is being sent to the Department of State, that means I am heading towards the NVC process right???

Safe to say you're already there.

Count 15 working days after the "sent" date and call to find out if they received your file.

Timeline
3 hours ago, TheChheavFamily said:

I read your timeline comment and was baffled.

Does it mean you have to wait almost a month before submitting your documents?

Does obtaining a police certificate in your country really take that long?

In my country it takes just hours.

6 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

I read your timeline comment and was baffled.

Does it mean you have to wait almost a month before submitting your documents?

Does obtaining a police certificate in your country really take that long?

In my country it takes just hours.

Yup! It takes 20-30 days to get it and it’s only good for 3 months. So if you get it too soon, like we did, (right after USCIS approval) you have to go get it again because it’s too old by the time you’re through NVC. It’s incredibly frustrating! So we just sit here and wait, again! Thank the Stars you’re in a developed country with the ability to get things done electronically! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TheChheavFamily said:

Yup! It takes 20-30 days to get it and it’s only good for 3 months. So if you get it too soon, like we did, (right after USCIS approval) you have to go get it again because it’s too old by the time you’re through NVC. It’s incredibly frustrating! So we just sit here and wait, again! Thank the Stars you’re in a developed country with the ability to get things done electronically! 

Haha let me burst your bubble, my beloved Cameroon is no developed country.

But at least, some things get done fast.

I was simply shocked because waiting almost a month for a single document, on top of the unpredictable wait times

can sound like giving one the short end of the stick.

But it's okay. Some of these things are just beyond our control.

All the best my dear!

4 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

Haha let me burst your bubble, my beloved Cameroon is no developed country.

But at least, some things get done fast.

I was simply shocked because waiting almost a month for a single document, on top of the unpredictable wait times

can sound like giving one the short end of the stick.

But it's okay. Some of these things are just beyond our control.

All the best my dear!

They write all documents here by hand - police, marriage, birth certificates, court documents, visa extensions, etc. It takes time for everything. I knew it was going to take time, just didn’t know it was only good for 3 months once it was completed. I hope others from Cambodia read my timeline and learn about it so they don’t have to be stuck waiting like we are. 

Maybe someday we will be able to get things done in a timely fashion! Even to get married with a foreigner here takes months before it’s approved and paperwork is done.

If we have to get it done a third time, we’ll do that. I emailed the US embassy here and explained the situation and was told that if the document expires by the interview date, then the CO has the choice whether to request a new one or not. They are aware of the short validity dates. 

4 hours ago, Andy & Val said:

Safe to say you're already there.

Count 15 working days after the "sent" date and call to find out if they received your file.

How exactly do you find out your "sent date"? The NVC guide just says "your may or may not get it". 

18 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

How exactly do you find out your "sent date"? The NVC guide just says "your may or may not get it". 

USCIS tell you the date they sent it.. I got an email, then logged it and tracker also was finally updated saying sent on 10th... 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

16 hours ago, JesseTovar said:

It finally happens!!!! My I-130 was approved and sent to NVC on Oct 8 (yes I did the I129f). Quick question. Do I just sit and wait for NVC to email me saying they received my case, or can I track it? Is there anything I can start doing now to get a head start? I wanna slide off this whole thing like butter hahahha

Hey congrats!!

when did you file for the i129?

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.