71 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. The why doesn't really matter now, but I was never able to apply to remove my conditions on my 2 year greencard. Today in the mail I recieved a "termination of conditional residence status" informing me that as of 05/08/2018 all rights and privledges to reside and work in the US have been revoked. I'll attach the letter.

I now need to know....what the do I do now?! I was actually just getting my package together over the next week. The letter doesn't say what to do.

Thanks all

letter.jpg

33 minutes ago, Helpneeded2019 said:

Hi everyone. The why doesn't really matter now, but I was never able to apply to remove my conditions on my 2 year greencard. Today in the mail I recieved a "termination of conditional residence status" informing me that as of 05/08/2018 all rights and privledges to reside and work in the US have been revoked. I'll attach the letter.

I now need to know....what the do I do now?! I was actually just getting my package together over the next week. The letter doesn't say what to do.

Thanks all

letter.jpg

I would look to file that package ASAP because you are out of status and thus deportable. Why did you you not file for ROC?

31 minutes ago, Helpneeded2019 said:

Thanks all

letter.jpg

The only thing to do is to get a lawyer at this point and take accountability for not doing what you needed to get done. Pray you get a good lawyer who isnt just going to take your money but be honest with you and deliver.  The letter is pretty straight forward.  By the time you had your conditional greencard in hand you were aware that you had to file to have those conditions lifted as early as 90 days prior to expiration and your card expired last year.  Thats very irresponsible of you.  Good Luck and let this be a real learning experience for you.

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

1) you will need to provide a written explanation as to why you did not file on time and ask them to accept the late filing.

or

2) you leave the country as you have no legal status to live or work here.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your GC has been revoked and you no longer have a legal status and are now in deportation proceedings. You need a lawyer. This only happens after more than a year of not removing conditions.   Filing your ROC is a waste of time and money. It will be denied. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

19 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I would look to file that package ASAP because you are out of status and thus deportable. Why did you you not file for ROC?

My Mother died when I was 9 months pregnant right before I fell out of status. We then moved 5 times due to my husbands work and also had another baby. It's tragic but it got missed and that's where I am at now.

16 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

1) you will need to provide a written explanation as to why you did not file on time and ask them to accept the late filing.

or

2) you leave the country as you have no legal status to live or work here.

OK thank you. 

14 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Actually, the “why” is incredibly relevant now.  I respect if you don’t want to disclose on VisaJourney, but you’ll definitely need to provide the reason to your attorney (please don’t attempt this on your own).

I’m not sure what other advice anyone can give you here, with the limited info you did provide, aside from to seek legal counsel immediately.

Thanks. I didn't think the why would matter here on VJ. I responded above to someone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What happens next is (normally) a NTA will be mailed for you to appear in immigration court to plead your case about why you should not be removed from the country.  The "why" will likely be very relevant to the judge, so best be prepared to answer that.

I'm not entirely certain if a filed i-751 two weeks from now will automatically overturn/halt any current proceedings USCIS may wish to take against you.  

@geowrian can probably comment better on that than I can.

Absolutely consult a lawyer when in any type of removal proceedings.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, mindthegap said:

Oh goody...my area of expertise. Having been (and somewhat still being) in the same situation, I will type a lengthy reply with some facts. Not alternative facts as one poster felt the need to type in response.

BRB

I was thinking about you, too, when I started reading this thread----OP, listen to however mindthegap will guide you, he's become somewhat of an unfortunate expert in this.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

He may be able to give you advice but the long and short of it is you are now in removal proceedings. Follow whatever you are told to do, appear in court as ordered, and hopefully you can convince the judge to allow you to apply late. If you fail to show up for court they will find you and detain you. 

Hire an attorney who has experience in this as the journey will not be a fun one.

3 hours ago, belinda63 said:

He may be able to give you advice but the long and short of it is you are now in removal proceedings. Follow whatever you are told to do, appear in court as ordered, and hopefully you can convince the judge to allow you to apply late. If you fail to show up for court they will find you and detain you. 

Hire an attorney who has experience in this as the journey will not be a fun one.

In removal proceedings even without an NTA?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.