38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, TBoneTX said:

While pursuing divorce, you might also consider sending objective details of your case to the U.S. consulate in his home country (evidence of his overstay, the police reports, et al.).  This will ensure that he can't return.

Find out also if the police in his country can prevent him from harassing you.

That’s a good idea. I can tell he wants to make things a hassle because when he references of how us getting divorced is going to him over...but he loves me and wants things to work out. Bc he will be living his dream of working in America -and mention of living with me is always a secondary thought.

(even though we didn’t file ANYTHING AT ALL, because I didn’t know what to do when he started being abusive I was blindsided and making excuses for his behavior.) 

Filed: Other Timeline
54 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Your days of being manipulated are now over.  Look yourself in the mirror and repeat this aloud, with more conviction each time, until you believe it.

Tell the consulate about his illegal work, too.

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 hours ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like somebody you are giving you new contact details to is passing them on.

Considering how freakishly hard it is to find someone's number in this country this is so true. Don't share your gameplan with anyone you think might be in contact with him. 

Contact the police, file a restraining order, contact the police in his country and see if you can get a restraining order in that country as well as he is doing the harassment from there, go to your local court house and see if there are any advocates that help low income petitioners with divorce. Increase the privacy filters on your social media, so that he can’t send messages to you, can’t see what you post, can’t friend you, and if any of your friends allow him to send messages on their accounts then un friend them this isn’t a time for politeness but one of self preservation. You have to be proactive, for the sake of your safety and sanity. 

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

9 hours ago, Justinehobarten said:

That’s a good idea. I can tell he wants to make things a hassle because when he references of how us getting divorced is going to him over...but he loves me and wants things to work out. Bc he will be living his dream of working in America -and mention of living with me is always a secondary thought.

(even though we didn’t file ANYTHING AT ALL, because I didn’t know what to do when he started being abusive I was blindsided and making excuses for his behavior.) 

How did you guys meet ? why you merry  him if you know that he have no visa and drugs addic and breaking the law of this beautiful country ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, bestluck said:

How did you guys meet ? why you merry  him if you know that he have no visa and drugs addic and breaking the law of this beautiful country ?

I'm pretty positive that their spouse did not necessarily show all their cards upfront, prior to marriage. People like that typically change once those lines have been crossed - not in the very beginning. And those very reasons you cite are among the many reasons she is staying away and seeking divorce now, I imagine.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

3 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I'm pretty positive that their spouse did not necessarily show all their cards upfront, prior to marriage. People like that typically change once those lines have been crossed - not in the very beginning. And those very reasons you cite are among the many reasons she is staying away and seeking divorce now, I imagine.

Yes I agree , she need to stay away from him and block him on social media , 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you can block all unknown numbers on your cell

you can put facebook to private

or stop using social media till this is over

how can you be embarrassed to tell a clinic your boo hoo story when they have heard it all and can help

and we can't

go and get the help you need 

nothing to be embarrassed about 

this happens in the best of families

I agree with notifying his country's US consulate about everything you've posted here.  He is no longer eligible for the ESTA/VWP, and would need to apply for a B-2 to even be allowed back into the US at this point.  

You married him, but that alone does not confer any immigrant (or non-immigrant) privileges or status in the United States.

Stand your ground, protect yourself, REFUSE to be victimized.  Disappear from social media if that is what it takes to protect yourself from harassment from overseas.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
19 hours ago, Justinehobarten said:

I can not afford one at the moment. 

I cannot afford one, I have no income. 

You can still talk to a divorce/immigration lawyer online, they'll charge a small fee ($15-25) for answering any legal questions you have. It's better than nothing 

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: IR-2 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
20 hours ago, Justinehobarten said:

I can not afford one at the moment. 

I cannot afford one, I have no income. 

Call your local bar association and ask for a list of Pro-Bono lawyers.

DON'T trust him.  Divorce and move on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.