sunshinefemi2014

why a delay in NOA2

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filed our K1 back on april 6 2018, i waited until late october to call uscis. i explained i was outside normal processing time. since thier own website stated at the time they were processing april 10th. they reassuranced me stating a few days you probbably would hear something. a week later i called again, this time they put in a service request to find out. on nov 1st i got an email stating the case was in processing and needed 45 days. i have called twice more asking how other cases from same country have gotten an NOA2 and we still havent. is this because we did it ourselves and didnt hire a very expensive laywer? anyone else have this issue and what was the outcome? i am getting aggrevated with not knowing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

there are people from last year still waiting for NOA2 so.... calm down.

the fact you are from a high fraud country may also have something to do with it. background checks for the petitioner can take hugely varying amounts of time, too.

There are any number of reasons why some cases take longer than other, and nothing you can do about it.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

10 minutes ago, sunshinefemi2014 said:

I filed our K1 back on april 6 2018, i waited until late october to call uscis. i explained i was outside normal processing time. since thier own website stated at the time they were processing april 10th. they reassuranced me stating a few days you probbably would hear something. a week later i called again, this time they put in a service request to find out. on nov 1st i got an email stating the case was in processing and needed 45 days. i have called twice more asking how other cases from same country have gotten an NOA2 and we still havent. is this because we did it ourselves and didnt hire a very expensive laywer? anyone else have this issue and what was the outcome? i am getting aggrevated with not knowing

I am a Feb filler. It's been 294 days and 71 days since they received our RFE response. I submitted online inquiry last week and they also told me to wait 45 days until I hear something,  and by the way I have a lawyer so don't worry we will hear some news soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lie other said, many factors involved in why one case is faster or slower than others. There is no one right answer, and trying to get information is like pulling teeth since they aren't the ones actually involved in your petition review. As also was mentioned each case is unique and there could be things out of everyone's control such as background checks.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks, was looking forward to going back  again for the interview and come back to states as a family. me and the baby have travelled there again this past summer. I front loaded and thought it be fast.  i guess my nerves get the best of me sometimes. plus our son misses his daddy so much. 

USCIS couldn't give a #### if your case is outside of normal processing times. They will never tell you the real reason it's delayed which is usually that they are simply incompetent. They do not allocate additional resources to cases outside of normal processing times. It takes how long it takes.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, Nov2017AD said:

USCIS couldn't give a #### if your case is outside of normal processing times. They will never tell you the real reason it's delayed which is usually that they are simply incompetent. They do not allocate additional resources to cases outside of normal processing times. It takes how long it takes.

Wow. You have a chip on your shoulder toward USCIS. You know there are many reasons, none that we know because we are not physically at USCIS watching what is going on and getting a handle on how they adjudicated the cases. It's best that they can't say anything about a case. nor the reasons why it is late as they would have to deal with someone like you and your attitude. So they avoid arguments by giving a pad answer. If you had the gold you could make the rules but since USCIS has the gold they get to make the rules. Just my honest opinion.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity in quote.
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Wow. You have a chip on your shoulder toward USCIS. You know there are many reasons, none that we know because we are not physically at USCIS watching what is going on and getting a handle on how they adjudicated the cases. It's best that they can't say anything about a case. nor the reasons why it is late as they would have to deal with someone like you and your attitude. So they avoid arguments by giving a pad answer. If you had the gold you could make the rules but since USCIS has the gold they get to make the rules. Just my honest opinion.

What they're avoiding is taking actual responsibility of adjudicating the applications in a timely matter, which you apparently advocate. Avoid arguments? People are more angry not knowing why for months and will argue more with USCIS. You have no empathy. Next time keep your garbage opinion about someones attitude to yourself. My attitude is justified as I have waited more than a year already pending security checks with no criminal history.

8 hours ago, GP1977 said:

Very good grocery store analogy.  I have a friend who works for the State Department (not in immigration) but he is very high up and supervises a team of 250 people and has alot of interaction with DHS and USCIS in his role.  He told me that it really depends on what adjudicator gets your case. If you get the employee of the month who is working their tail off everyday, getting through as many cases as they can - you are a lucky one.  However, you can also get the employee who moves much slower and doesn't have the drive of the 1st employee.  We all hope for the first one.

This^^^^^^

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

altough USCIS level is mostly about the USC and documents submitted it can be that the beneficary has a name so similar to the system that additional checks are being made to make sure he/ she is not a part of someone else's application

there was a man from Nigeria that had 3 woman applying for a K1/  #### happens

and don't allow yourself to carry anger into this process as it will affect the confidence of the beneficary and follow into the interview

you need patience and sometimes a good cry as someone else is controlling your future now

and i do know a lot of patience is needed as i 1st applied K1 in 2009 and visa finally issued 2015 

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove alternate spelling of profanity.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

We had a   10 month wait for NOA2.  I believe my case would have continued to sit without any movement if I had not called my Congressman. I sent a letter requesting a  meeting with their local office Representative to discuss my I-129f.  Before requesting the  appointment,  I made certain my Voter Registration matched  the  party of my Rep's office and included  a copy of my Voter Registration in my first mailing. 

I treated the meeting  like  the  consulate interview.  I wore a suit and tie   and  documented  all the requirements for the visa and outlined my AOS.  I  left a full copy of my documents and a week after mailed a thank you letter to the Rep.  Less than a  month later I had NOA2. 

Edited by PRC Rabbit
grammar correction

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.