902 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Prizm123 said:

ok. well i hope i caught it in time for it to not mess us up. again, thank you for indirectly reminding me of it.

Good luck. It will be fine. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

For everyone who's waiting for their NOA2 or interview,

I am going to take my K1 VISA interview next Thursday at AIT. Since my last F1 visa was rejected (I have no clue why they denied my F1 renew case after AP for nine months, we were both very frustrated), I am now very nervous about my interview even I already get my Ph.D. degree and left my school in 2018.

We just had our pre-honeymoon in Europe during Christmas. I know our relationship is legitimate and we won't be able to afford another waiting.  I have spent weeks to collect all the documents I need for the upcoming interview. All I wish is everything goes well, and I will receive my passport with a K1 visa soon after my interview next week. 

Hope everyone receives good news for your K1 application soon and get a reunion with your loved one in the US.

Best wish for everyone here.

38 minutes ago, mimibao said:

For everyone who's waiting for their NOA2 or interview,

I am going to take my K1 VISA interview next Thursday at AIT. Since my last F1 visa was rejected (I have no clue why they denied my F1 renew case after AP for nine months, we were both very frustrated), I am now very nervous about my interview even I already get my Ph.D. degree and left my school in 2018.

We just had our pre-honeymoon in Europe during Christmas. I know our relationship is legitimate and we won't be able to afford another waiting.  I have spent weeks to collect all the documents I need for the upcoming interview. All I wish is everything goes well, and I will receive my passport with a K1 visa soon after my interview next week. 

Hope everyone receives good news for your K1 application soon and get a reunion with your loved one in the US.

Best wish for everyone here.

Word of experience. Don't show pictures of any gathering that may look like a wedding, don't refer to each other as "husband" or "wife" and don't speak of taking a pre-honeymoon as this will lead you to DENIAL. Just a warning. If you have an occasion and are a non-believer your welcome to read others who experience just what I am talking you can search VJ. Good luck on your upcoming interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, Angie Pawinee said:

NOA1, July 23/26 

still waiting, 180 days already. it's frustrating...

It's likely gonna get RFE

I saw some August filers, same service center got approved already.

i think my case is stuck with your batch or times around you . I am Aug 3 and nothing yet also. it may be that someone somewhere just forgot to pick up the batch that we are in to work. i thing some sept people are already approved also.... i don't get it either.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

i think my case is stuck with your batch or times around you . I am Aug 3 and nothing yet also. it may be that someone somewhere just forgot to pick up the batch that we are in to work. i thing some sept people are already approved also.... i don't get it either.

The same thing happened to us, we were just a month ahead of you. At first I thought this was somehow related to my country (Ukraine was never ultra-speedy at USCIS) but a few couples from July and August were approved earlier than us, so I dropped the idea. Some people from around the Independence Day filing batch are still waiting, so it has something to do with our batch being processed slowly. Yes, I have heard that background checks mainly define the processing times, but with the same policy of background checks you can not start getting the results in 5 months instead of 6-7 all of a sudden. It's the matter of when and how you 'touch the case'. As the cases come in batches IMO it is very likely that some batches are assigned/touched later than average. However, we still could fit into 180 days median and that was fine. Guess you also should stick to 6 months processing. You are well within processing times of USCIS

Also, we were approved on 12/31 (hard copy date) but only discovered it on 01/04 from the new website saying the approval happened on 01/02, if that makes sense. I spent 5 days trying to not think about the situation and enjoy the festivities which could have been much happier. You may think you are stuck but be approved already. Just try to not over think it 

Edited by HP+IC

1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

Though there are many background checks done internally some are sent to other countries. There are numerous background checks to include sending a background request back to the beneficiary's country. How they handle and process the background depend on their efficacies. Here is and explanation on what takes place for background checks. 

As part of its benefits adjudication process and as required by law, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants who seek certain immigration benefits. These background checks consist of four separate checks against systems within Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In order to facilitate the collection and transmission of information necessary to complete background check processes, USCIS maintains five information technology electronic systems: the Fingerprint Masthead Notification System (FMNS), the Customer Identity Capture System (CICS), the FD-258 Tracking System - Mainframe (FD-258 MF), the Benefits Biometrics Support System (BBSS), and the Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Manifest. USCIS is conducting this privacy impact assessment (PIA) because FMNS, CICS, FD-258 MF, BBSS, and IBIS Manifest collect, use, and share personally identifiable information (PII). This PIA replaces the previously published USCIS PIA for the "Background Check Service (BCS)" which describes planned background check-related systems that were never implemented. Upon publication of this PIA, the BCS PIA will be retired.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Angie Pawinee said:

NOA1, July 23/26 

I'm waiting 204 days...

7 hours ago, onlyme said:

do we need I 134 to send with I 129f petition? 

NO YOU DON'T NEED A I-134 TO SEND WITH YOUR PETITION.

I-134 is only needed at the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 1/14/2019 at 7:18 PM, Pseudo_ said:

What's the reason for the RFE?

Received my RFE letter in the mail 

They needed passport photos from me which i sent

And a letter of intent to marry within 90 days from my fiance 

Which we sent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
9 hours ago, Angie Pawinee said:

NOA1, July 23/26 

We were July 27th, and got RFE January 17th.

Still waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail...

We rung to find out details but they couldn't tell us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Word of experience. Don't show pictures of any gathering that may look like a wedding, don't refer to each other as "husband" or "wife" and don't speak of taking a pre-honeymoon as this will lead you to DENIAL. Just a warning. If you have an occasion and are a non-believer your welcome to read others who experience just what I am talking you can search VJ. Good luck on your upcoming interview.

Thank you :)

I will be careful during the interview. I am looking forward to having a reunion with my fiance soon in the USA to start the life we have been planning for a long time. 

On 1/19/2019 at 1:40 AM, Angie Pawinee said:

NOA1, July 23/26 

195 days for me here. Still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, Greenbaum said:

Yes that was me. Call USCIS. Tell them you would like a copy faxed to you on the RFE because you are on a deadline that can’t be extended. A tier 2 is the only one that has access to those systems. They can also read it to you (most will do this but some don't) and let you know what they are requesting. 

I tried that and was told no 3 times "lol yes i called 3 times hoping to get a nicer person"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.