Beast7

Latest update on DACA and deal for family migration proposed by Trump

90 posts in this topic

So guys the thing is that the deal on Daca might not be reached now coz of hard stance of trump on elimination of family migration and chances are it will be delayed for over a year.

So the people who have already applied for family might get a year of peace to get their petitions approved.

I have quoted the main lines of latest article of CNN.

Hope this help 

Good Luck

The proposal was panned by the left and the right. Groups who support restricting immigration slammed it as "amnesty." Democratic lawmakers and immigration advocates rejected it as a "massive, cruel and family-punishing overhaul of our current legal immigration system," as New Jersey's Sen. Bob Menendez phrased it

For now a permanent solution for DACA is "dead,"

The only acceptable option from here out, the consensus was, is a clean DACA-border security trade, and there was resolve to make clear to lawmakers and key players that groups will reject any deal that tries to include aggressive immigration measures in exchange for DACA.

One remaining option that looks increasingly likely is for Congress to pair a temporary extension of DACA with government funding, perhaps with some border security, and punt a longer-term deal into an indefinite future.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, told reporters January 8 that if a deal can't be reached, lawmakers would find another way, according to Roll Call.

"We'll probably extend the DREAM Act kids, the DACA kids, for a year," Graham said.

"If you want an annual appropriation then I think you'll get a one-year extension of the DACA status," Cornyn said

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's showmanship.  The wheeling and dealing will continue until the deadline and probably beyond.

2 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

It's showmanship.  The wheeling and dealing will continue until the deadline and probably beyond.

Yup you are right.

Actually its politics,but trump is behaving like a spoiled child.

6 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Same can be said of all politicians.  What is clear that immigration policies need to change.  I for one, do not want to provide a clear amnesty for DACA.  A way to stay, yes.  Citizenship, no, unless they go through the same process legal immigrants do it.  In my opinion, it goes against all of us here who chose to be here legally.

Agree with you.

In ny opinion DACA, Lottery visa and sibling visa need to be eliminated,but other family migration expect siblings should continue.

Edited by Beast7

12 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Same can be said of all politicians.  What is clear that immigration policies need to change.  I for one, do not want to provide a clear amnesty for DACA.  A way to stay, yes.  Citizenship, no, unless they go through the same process legal immigrants do it.  In my opinion, it goes against all of us here who chose to be here legally.

I want to ask you a quick question.

Do we need to attach a picture when applying IR1 or IR2?

I have not attached pic for both these petitions.

Should i be ready for RFE or its not a problem in every case for them to ask for picture.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Beast7 said:

Should i be ready for RFE or its not a problem in every case for them to ask for picture.

I didn't do DCF so I don't know in your case.  In our case, we had to provide passport photos.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Beast7 said:

Please don't hijack your own thread...lol....just kidding..

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

Please don't hijack your own thread...lol....just kidding..

Lol so whats your opinion on this question?

2 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

I'm not too pleased that legal parental sponsorship (among other things) is being offered to the chopping block in exchange for DACA. Sure, doing away with sibling chain migration makes a lot of sense, but parents too? Sometimes this is a must for certain people and situation.

It just seems very unfair, the parents of citizens or DACA tradeoff, considering that our parents are willing to do things 200% the right way concerning immigration from start to end. 

Agree with you.

Actually trump administration is using DACA politically for his desire wills ,he promised before elections.

DACA need to be eliminated along with lottery visa but what this all had to do with other family migration like parents and children of usc above 18?

This is a bad idea by this administration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

End of chain migration including parents is a good thing full stop and majority of US citizens support this. B-)

DACA is being used because unless it isn’t then nothing will get done immigration wise which in retrospect is sorely needed for nearly 40yrs.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

5 hours ago, Beast7 said:

Yup you are right.

Actually its politics,but trump is behaving like a spoiled child.

How is he behaving like a child? I think he is doing the right thing and calling the Dems out on exactly how little they really care about the DACA recipients. There are currently two bills put forward in front of the house for the Dems to work on and make sure that DACA is still legal, but they don't want to do anything about them at all. They would rather push for open borders instead of border security.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, cyclone27 said:

End of chain migration including parents is a good thing full stop and majority of US citizens support this. B-)

DACA is being used because unless it isn’t then nothing will get done immigration wise which in retrospect is sorely needed for nearly 40yrs.

I don't think the majority of US citizens are via naturalization, though. You mean the average American by birth, maybe they do feel this way.

Take a poll of those naturalized citizens and get back to us on how strongly they are for or against ending parental sponsorship. I bet they feel more strongly about having DACA take a hike than having the mere option of their parents legally coming to the states ended. Believe me, people are freaking out over just the option possibly going away, even if they never had set plans to bring parents.

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.