Beast7

Latest update on DACA and deal for family migration proposed by Trump

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Again who is going to pay the medical costs of non working immigrant parents?

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

Some of us like myself have jobs where we can add parents and certain disabled siblings to insurance policies if we show we support them at least 51%. Most people who bring parents for the right reasons know that it is like inheriting more children, they are 100% yours to support. Those who are not able to do so, should think twice about it.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, sparkles_ said:

Some of us like myself have jobs where we can add parents and certain disabled siblings to insurance policies if we show we support them at least 51%. Most people who bring parents for the right reasons know that it is like inheriting more children, they are 100% yours to support. Those who are not able to do so, should think twice about it.

What I can never understand is this obsession with some immigrants here feeling like its there god given constitutional right as a new citizen to start bringing over there parents . Those parents contribute nothing to the USA , maybe good for free child sitting . But dont tell me you will have a sick parent on your health insurance, with premiums and stuff as it is . You have to be very rich to afford it in the long run . The minute they become elgible for Medicare they will be enrolled by all the warm and fuzzy do gooders talking rich here on the forum . 

Sending over USD will go a long way in a third world country . I can understand the person wanting to get them over but you are biased because you are an immigrant . How does the majority of americans feel about bringing over siblings and parents ? I have yet to find someone that thinks its a smart thing to do especially when the smart educated people from STEM fields ( that graduated here too )are in the H1B Loop forever until they leave for Canada or Australia where it takes them little over half a year from overseas to get PR and are welcomed with open arms. 

Family friend from eastern europe graduated with an undergraduate degree and graduate degree from UNC Chapel Hill ( ivy league ) and after that a PHD from same instituiton . He has been here for like 13-14 years and is now as a Ast .Professor for Political Science still in the waiting game for a GREEN CARD ! He is educating the future of our country and has so many times almost given up and packed up for another place with merit based system . His research is top notch and he is paying a ton of taxes every year . 

And then you have parents that can come here in 6 months with no problem and no benefit what so ever to this country . 

No other country like the USA has this parent migration.

End this thing of the past already good god.

If you want to take care of your parents you got a wonderful thing called western union . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

UNC Chapel Hill ( ivy league )

???

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

What I can never understand is this obsession with some immigrants here feeling like its there god given constitutional right as a new citizen to start bringing over there parents . Those parents contribute nothing to the USA , maybe good for free child sitting . But dont tell me you will have a sick parent on your health insurance, with premiums and stuff as it is . You have to be very rich to afford it in the long run . The minute they become elgible for Medicare they will be enrolled by all the warm and fuzzy do gooders talking rich here on the forum . 

Sending over USD will go a long way in a third world country . I can understand the person wanting to get them over but you are biased because you are an immigrant . How does the majority of americans feel about bringing over siblings and parents ? I have yet to find someone that thinks its a smart thing to do especially when the smart educated people from STEM fields ( that graduated here too )are in the H1B Loop forever until they leave for Canada or Australia where it takes them little over half a year from overseas to get PR and are welcomed with open arms. 

Family friend from eastern europe graduated with an undergraduate degree and graduate degree from UNC Chapel Hill ( ivy league ) and after that a PHD from same instituiton . He has been here for like 13-14 years and is now as a Ast .Professor for Political Science still in the waiting game for a GREEN CARD ! He is educating the future of our country and has so many times almost given up and packed up for another place with merit based system . His research is top notch and he is paying a ton of taxes every year . 

And then you have parents that can come here in 6 months with no problem and no benefit what so ever to this country . 

If you want to take care of your parents you got a wonderful thing called western union . 

Tricare. Military....no premiums. Why do you seek so angry? Why did you assume anyone thinks it's a god given right? The choice is still the law, so save your bitterness. It has a 50% chance of staying the law as well. You just sound pissed that your family friend is still waiting around and family reunification is happening while they wait in limbo, along with a dash of assuming what some random person's capabilities are concerning their parents. I mean, your buddy has a wonderful thing to take care of himself as well, called a work permit.....

Side note. I am a UNC grad, lol. We are not Ivy League. We are "southern Ivy League", a term for the best schools in the southern states along with Duke and Emory ....but not true Ivy League status. 

Im also NOT the immigrant. My parents, my in laws. It's all the same for me. If this remains as an option, we will file for them on the very day we are able. Your Medicare comment was also pretty sideways considering it is also not illegal to do so if need be. You really need to get into politics so you can change all this stuff you feel so strongly about, lol! Talk is cheap. 

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, sparkles_ said:

Tricare. Military....no premiums. Why do you seek so angry? Why did you assume anyone thinks it's a god given right? The choice is still the law, so save your bitterness. It has a 50% chance of staying the law as well. You just sound pissed that your family friend is still waiting around and family reunification is happening while they wait in limbo, along with a dash of assuming what some random person's capabilities are concerning their parents. I mean, your buddy has a wonderful thing to take care of himself as well, called a work permit.....

Side note. I am a UNC grad, lol. We are not Ivy League. We are "southern Ivy League", a term for the best schools in the southern states along with Duke and Emory ....but not true Ivy League status. 

Im also NOT the immigrant. My parents, my in laws. It's all the same for me. If this remains as an option, we will file for them on the very day we are able. Your Medicare comment was also pretty sideways considering it is also not illegal to do so if need be. You really need to get into politics so you can change all this stuff you feel so strongly about, lol! Talk is cheap. 

Ivy league of the south you guys know Chapel Hill is an amazing university thats what I meant. Not some kind of community college . No I dont care because he is a friend but because its a plight many face here when they cant come in because there is no way other then the H1B slave visa . 

50% ? Where did you come up with that number are you currently following the news ?

Thats why I hope it gets abolished for people just like you , with such a strong feeling of entitlement. You should do some research about Tricare and how it gets funded . Hint is not funded by the people in the military . 

Thank god for Trump 

Edited by mustang85635

5 hours ago, cyclone27 said:

By rights it should be the person petitioning for them, forever.  If someone is non-working and never will be, they should never qualify for any kind of state or federal government payments, benefits, packages, handouts or whatever you want to call it because they've never paid any kind of taxes or produced anything which would offset those costs.  That sort of thing is why immigration is such a hot-button topic in many Western countries (One of the key pain-points for many who voted for "Brexit" and the reason why Australia is undergoing our own immigration reforms right now and why the USA is having this argument).

As for me, as a potential immigrant - I'd support getting rid of chain migration (including parents), 18+ children AND the visa lottery. No other country in the world allows for petitioning of parents or siblings, nor of children who are legally adults - which, at least in the USA (and most other countries) someone 18+ is. I'm moving to the USA to start a new life. My family will always be my family, but if they are so important to me that I must live in the same country as them, then I would stay here and my partner would move here. 

Edited by dentsflogged

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:pop:

AOS

10/10/17 – Package sent (Chicago Lockbox)

10/17/17- Package received 

10/25/17 – E-notification (Text & Email) received

10/30/17 – NOA1 Received (From MSC/NBC)

11/03/17 - Biometrics Appointment Received (Appt. 11/14/17)

11/14/15 - Biometrics for I-485 & I-765 done

01/08/2018 - Received NOA2 (Request for applicant to appear for initial interview) 

01/17/2018 - EAD/AP approved (Took 92 days)

01/18/2018 - Received Text & Email regarding EAD/AP approval

01/22/2018 - Approval Notice received in the mail

01/22/2018 - EAD/AP card processed and mailed out via USPS. (Estimated delivery date 01/24/2018) 

01/24/2017 - EAD/AP card on hand

02/06/2018 - AOS interview appointment 

02/06/2018 - Interview - Recommended for approval

02/07/2018 - GC being produced

02/15/2018 - GC on hand:dance::dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, dentsflogged said:

No other country in the world allows for petitioning of parents or siblings, nor of children who are legally adults - which, at least in the USA (and most other countries) someone 18+ is.

Australia has several (temporary and permanent) visa options for parents. They're comparatively expensive though (AUD$6000 - AUD$36000).

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/family/article/2016/09/29/12-things-you-need-know-about-australias-new-parent-visa

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/pare

Partner migration is also similarly expensive in Australia, which boggles the mind (AUD$7000).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/part

7 minutes ago, Suudsu said:

Australia has several (temporary and permanent) visa options for parents. They're comparatively expensive though (AUD$6000 - AUD$36000).

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/family/article/2016/09/29/12-things-you-need-know-about-australias-new-parent-visa

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/pare

Partner migration is also similarly expensive in Australia, which boggles the mind (AUD$7000).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/part

Ah, the parent ones must be new, I was helping a friend a few years (actually, nearly 10 years ago, damn I'm getting old) we couldn't find any such thing. Or they just weren't easy to find at the time.

The partner migration also takes between 12 months and 3 years, which is insane and IMO the reason why every single person I know that's gone this way has done it the "grey" way by coming here on a tourist visa then marrying & applying via Bridging Visa.   Plus there's another ~$5,000 for the PR visa after the fact (I think it's currently $3,500 but my aunt who is a lawyer is saying that it will likely go up to the $5k mark this year based on gossip she's heard)

Regardless though - I stand by my original stance - If you're moving to a new country to start a new life, there should be zero expectation of the entitlement to drag your old life with you.  If cultural requirements of closeness/support & immediate family is so important that this is a huge deal for an individual, the question should be asked if they'd be better off staying where they are.

Edited by dentsflogged

I'm curious about where these parents live after they move here? With the petitioners? The thought of living with my parents under the same roof gives me major anxiety, but that's just a personal thing. Another thing is, my parents don't speak English, what are they going to do here?? 

I personally don't really understand the need to be with parents, my husband's dad lives 2 hour drive away, and we see him maybe twice a year.... Sometimes I feel a little heartless that I would never consider bringing my parents over, but they would never want to live here anyway lol.

Edited by MiraW

4 hours ago, mustang85635 said:

Do you want to stop and rethink your positions again... Your feet are on both sides in my opinion... The same person you are propping (and should be as he deserves it), you are also potentially smothering him.... once he becomes a citizen, you want him to Not be able to get his aging parents close to him (I am assuming a lot of things regarding his family situation to make a point).

You may not know me directly. But yes My spouse and I have paid close to half a million in taxes and my parents when here would be here on my dime. And you are rolling us in with the rest of the lot. Parents are a must. I wouldn't mind if such naturalizations are neutered, so to speak. Maybe  not make them eligible for further sponsoring. I'd be fine with that. People like you only want to take advantage of the brilliant minds. But not pay it back for their familial cohesiveness. We need to stop being so selfish.

I'm all for limiting sibling migration without merit. I would propose amendment to the sibling visa program, where education and language skills count towards earning points (in addition to other skills). Anyone not meeting those standards gets their application dropped. We'll see a quick improvement in the backlog.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My parents love to visit here, stay for couple of months and like to go back to India! Every time my moms visit she loves to travel and enjoy but at the end she like to go back to India. My parents are happy with B1/B2. They do not want to get involve in any immigration process. So I support ending of chain migration. In future, when I will have my own kids, I can always call my parents when I need help with kids. 

My Time line is Updated! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.