MrCIA

Sticky K1 situation

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ours was recognized as legal by dowery paid

and yes, you can reapply but why not get a marriage certificate ASAP, cancel the K1 and start the new CR1   / waiting for a denial and AP and case to come back to US is wasting a lot of time

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, MrCIA said:

I don't know about that. I think steps can be taken to reduce the risk of denial. Need a better understanding of what those steps might include.

Trying to hide it from the consulate is not a good idea, is all I will say.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
43 minutes ago, MrCIA said:

- No mention of my family traveling to meet beneficiary's family/ ceremony

I actually think it's a great asset that your family traveled to meet the beneficiary's family. Can you swing this as an engagement party/ceremony?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

They call family and neighbours, that's how they learn about the info... Are such and such married - oh yeah, wedding was beautiful :-|

This is after they are in doubt at the interview and during Administrative processing.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

43 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

They call family and neighbours, that's how they learn about the info... Are such and such married - oh yeah, wedding was beautiful :-|

I'm a little surprised they would go to that length of inquiry without cause. This is the lesser end of the spectrum. A fraudulent love-less marriage vs. "hey we're a bona-fide couple who had a ceremony".

Under what conditions/ frequency does this really happen?

12 minutes ago, MrCIA said:

I'm a little surprised they would go to that length of inquiry without cause. This is the lesser end of the spectrum. A fraudulent love-less marriage vs. "hey we're a bona-fide couple who had a ceremony".

the lesser end of what?  some immigration laws okay to break becuz you think not important?

no one know what conditions / frequency.  you take ur chances with being caught for fraud.  this is all on you whether to take chance or not.  if you lose, it's only your fault.  not the law's fault.

people tell u to be honest, but u want to hide this.  your life, your risk.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
12 minutes ago, MrCIA said:

The "too married for K1 and not married enough for Cr1" actually comes up quite a bit if you follow this site for any length of time.   K1 is only the first step in a very long process.  You will need to present your evidence again for AOS and again for ROC  and it will be looked at by a different person each time, and at some point, they are bound to figure it out which is going to cause you a lot bigger problem later on than if you just take care of it now. 

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

in ur first post, u ask for suggestions on how to get her here asap without delay.

u given advice to be honest.  u don't care.  u want to know frequency how often people get caught.

is committing fraud is a good idea?  no. no. no.

so given advice, u still don't care.  

if things get f up becuz u try to hide this, then ur fault for delays

1 hour ago, MrCIA said:

I don't know about that. I think steps can be taken to reduce the risk of denial. Need a better understanding of what those steps might include.

Mentioning where the beneficiary is from would help to better understand what you might be dealing with so people on here can actually give you advices...

At AOS interview from a k1 visa they questioned if we were already married before we applied for the k1 because of a photo of us at someone else’s wedding, I ended up having to tell her that we could get them the couples wedding certificate to show my husband had been a witness not the groom just to stop her repeated questions. 

You have have nothing to show it wasn’t a wedding but nothing to show it was hence the too married for a k1 but not married enough for a cr1. 

Go back, get paper married so you can have a marriage cert, and then file for the cr1

Edited by Illiria
Clarity

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They will look most closely when it comes to applying for citizenship.  Expect countries to increase the amount of data they share with each other in the future. If at that point they find that she came on a K1 when they "determine" you were married expect for citizenship to be denied and her green card to be revoked. Hope you enjoy life wherever she is from .  You may want to take the short path and buy property there now. . 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.