soccer9090

HELP FAST.. we didnt get married now she is traveling

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok, so my fiance who is from Colombia came here and it really wasn't working out, so we decided not to get married. Well she left my apt about a week and half ago and is now traveling to all these different cities, im sure with another guy or guys. I was wondering is she allowed to do this, because she didnt come here on a travel visa and since we are no longer getting married shouldn't she leave the country right away?

I'm very tempted to right a letter to USCIS telling them we are not longer getting married and she is still here traveling without my consent. Would she get into trouble for doing what she is doing?? Is there anything I can do? at this point i dont care if she gets into trouble with all the lies she has told me.

If she is still within the 90 days she is free to travel wherever she wants in the country. After 90 days she will be out of status and things would get more risky for her.

Technically she is required to leave the US if she doesn't marry you.

She CAN'T legally use the visa to marry another USC.

There won't be an easy path for her to get a GC or even a work permit.

You can write a letter and withdraw affidavit for support to CYA.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

There is no binding affidavit of support since no AoS has been filed.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's millions of illegals in our country, I doubt they care much about your fiance. When she murders someone let them know... Hopefully a day comes where that changes. I would just move on and forget about her, it'll just ruin your life if you dwell on making hers harder.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Vaguely amusing the USCIS would do something about an errant fiancee.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Quick! Change your phone number! Change your email accounts! Block her on all social media accounts!

Don't give her one single "in" with you. I could see her calling and crying, pleading to come back to you saying her life is in danger. Sounds like you were manipulated badly. Cut all routes from her further manipulating you. She made her choice, and now you need to RUN away and stay hidden from her! No matter what she may do in her future is none of your business and you are fortunate that you didn't get married, do AOS and then have all this problems because then you would be legally liable.

Wipe your aaa----hands of her and erase her gone!

Signature coming soon...

Only in a movie would the USCIS go on a hunt for your wayward fiancee. Count yourself really lucky to find out now, instead of after you married her.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If she is still within the 90 days she is free to travel wherever she wants in the country. After 90 days she will be out of status and things would get more risky for her.

Technically she is required to leave the US if she doesn't marry you.

She CAN'T legally use the visa to marry another USC.

There won't be an easy path for her to get a GC or even a work permit.

You can write a letter and withdraw affidavit for support to CYA.

If it's any solace to you, NuestraUnion is correct. She cannot marry anyone else and adjust. Transitioning to any type of work or education visa will be extremely difficult if not impossible. She can either return home by the 90th day or face a life as an illegal immigrant with all of the risk, uncertainty and poverty that that entails.

I have acquaintances who are illegal immigrants who lead hard lives here. The one advantage that they have over your ex-fiancee is after years of overstay, if they find a spouse and an enduring marriage, they can someday hope to file for a green card with the necessary waiver. Your ex cannot.

Edited by Russ&Caro

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would inform USCIS that you are my together and will not be marrying. After that, move on as you have no more responsibility towards her. At what day number did she leave?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.