Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Hypnos last won the day on February 7 2019

Hypnos had the most liked content!


About Hypnos

  • Rank
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
  • Member # 131060
  • Location Fort Worth, TX, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Local Office
    Dallas TX
  • Country
    United Kingdom

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

30,012 profile views
  1. Widow/ers are exempt from needing to file an I-864 (they instead file the one-page I-864W), but I'm unsure on the I-944.
  2. As stated, you are required to answer Yes to this question, and provide details.
  3. And I meant to say IW-1 immigrant visa. IW-6 would be for AoS.
  4. I am sorry for your loss. As stated, you qualify to receive an IW-6 immigrant visa through your wife. I received my green card through being the widower of a US citizen. I also wrote VisaJourney's AoS for widow/er guide on the subject. It's not really aimed at the immigrant visa route, though it's a similar process, just done from overseas. Feel free to PM if you feel the need. This isn't a route that many people have gone through.
  5. Your marital filing status is set by whatever it was on 31st December of that tax year. So for 2019 your filing status would be either married filing jointly or married filing separately.
  6. You would need to concurrently file an I-130 and an I-485, and their supporting forms and documents.
  7. Unless she's an actively deployed member of the US armed forces, she must attend.
  8. They wanted either your aunt's complete tax return, which includes all forms and schedules she submitted (not only the 1040), or a tax transcript, which has all of that information on it by default. You will probably need to reapply, this time supplying all of the information and documents they request.
  9. No. They would see you had been issued a K-1 visa in their system even if you didn't present it to CBP. You can attempt entry on the VWP but it's a ####### shoot whether you'll actually be admitted when you have a K-1 too.
  10. Yep. I've got the citation somewhere and will try to put it here if I remember later.
  • Create New...