soccer9090

HELP FAST.. we didnt get married now she is traveling

33 posts in this topic

She was denied a travel visa right before we met. I didnt know she could use the k1 visa as a travel visa since we are no longer together but i understand there are no restrictions. Wishfull thinking she got in trouble. Than you.

She just needs any type of visa that she could qualify to get inside US, then disappear into the sea of million illegals (worst scenario). :)

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You can write a letter and withdraw affidavit for support to CYA.

eh - the I-134 Affadavit of Support is _NOT_ legally enforceable and it's duration stops when the I-94 expires, ie, 90 days after entry.

If it was the OTHER I-864, well, sure - withdraw before the greencard is issued, but that presupposes they:

1. got married then

2. filed the big adjustment o status casefile with USCIS.

That's not the case here, so LEGALLY he's not on the hook for anything.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Quick! Change your phone number! Change your email accounts! Block her on all social media accounts!

Don't give her one single "in" with you. I could see her calling and crying, pleading to come back to you saying her life is in danger. Sounds like you were manipulated badly. Cut all routes from her further manipulating you. She made her choice, and now you need to RUN away and stay hidden from her! No matter what she may do in her future is none of your business and you are fortunate that you didn't get married, do AOS and then have all this problems because then you would be legally liable.

Wipe your aaa----hands of her and erase her gone!

Great advice. She probably doesn't realize that just getting to the US is only part I of many. When she does realize that she has to marry you (and only you) to stay in the US legally, she will most likely come back and beg for forgivenesss and another chance. Or come up with some unbelieveable story.

This is why you should cut her out of your life, and even move if it's possible. Do what you can to prevent her from finding you. If she does find you, PLEASE don't take her back, she is just playing you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Learn immigration - your Fiance thought getting a K! would bring her to america.. i am willing to bet she didnt realize UNLESS SHE MARRIES YOU she has ZERO path to a Legal presence in this country.

I agree with the above - she had no idea you were only one path. She probably sees many people live in america 'undocumented' forever and thinks she is OK to join the millions. Let her.. Nothing you can do. And honestly, that is not an easy.

She has 3 choices:

1-go back

2-live undocumented with no path to a legal presences aka no way to work a real job or to leave ths country get a driver license ect.

3-get you to marry her and get a greencard...

Once she figures it out, she will beg, plead and do ask for forgiveness. Understanding you are her ONLY path to a GC may make you think twice about what to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Lee&Anna are correct. You should send a letter to USCIS. Otherwise, if you even file another petition for someone else, they might blame you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She can wait for Amnesty.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hillary has promised Amnesty.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hillary has promised Amnesty.

There is a saying; "A promise from a politician is comfort only to a fool." ;)

Even if she does make good on this "promise" it'll still be a while.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Timeline well who knows but Executive Action is within her remit.

And not as if there has not been plenty of coverage of Amnesty on the horizon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

eh - did she say where she was going, or that she wasn't going to marry you ?

if no,

then

I suggest putting together a missing person's report, ask the policeman to get it out on the national notification system.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

All this talk about the girl using OP and how she has ZERO chance to adjust to another legal status. Who knows what happened or what her intentions are. Things simply did not work out, as OP stated. They are broken up so what is the big deal if she is seeing someone else... I just don't get it. She might leave, she might not. She might stay and never have a chance to adjust. Millions of people are "just fine" staying here illegally, but let's not assume something when we don't have facts.

OP, sorry your relationship did not work out. You are not on the hook for anything. Change your locks as someone suggested and move on.

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.