254 posts in this topic

On the 'U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs' facebook page, I asked if interviews are still going on and if interview dates are still being given out.

They gave me this reply:

"Our consulates and embassies abroad are continuing normal operations."

I guess we'll see what happens now, I'm still waiting on my packet 4.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am the beneficiary.

LPR since May 2019. 

Started ROC on March 14th 2018.

NOA 1:  March 30th 2018.
Biometrics: May 25th 2018.
Card being processed: May 5th 2019
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

The person said they were sorry but the consulate was closing and would reopen tomorrow. They told him he will be first in line tomorrow for an interview.

UGH, I hope everything went well afterwards?

So the partial government shutdown is affecting pay services. And any political party representatives that tries to change previous policy created by their preceding fellow elected representatives by hijacking current funding of government services and our tax dollars are at best irresponsible and at worst evil.

AMEN!

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Canada are open, and Consular and American Citizen Services are operating normally. For additional information please consult our website canada.usembassy.gov or travel.state.gov. For border information please check the Customs and Border Protection website at cbp.gov.

From the Montreal Canada consulate website

[url=
[url=[url=
event.png

05/19/12 : Got married

USCIS

07/21/13 : I-130 Mailed to USCIS

07/24/13 : NOA1

01/13/14 : Case transferred to CSC

01/31/14 : NOA2

NVC

02/11/14 : NVC received the case

03/18/14 : Case number assigned and IIN/BIN

03/19/14 : ENROLL Email sent (Did not receive auto reply)

03/20/14 : DS-261 Available and submitted

03/21/14 : AOS bill Available and paid

03/26/14 : AOS shows paid

03/26/14 : ENROLL email sent again (Received auto reply this time)

03/26/14 : AOS Emailed to NVC (No auto reply, but this is the email they responded too)

03/28/14 : IV bill available and paid

04/04/14 : IV shows paid

04/04/14 : DS-260 Available and completed

04/04/14 : IV package emailed to NVC(Haven't received ENROLL acceptance yet. but I figured I'd try and see what happens, Did not receive auto reply)

04/15/14 : AOS Emailed(received auto-reply)

04/17/14 : Received ENROLL acceptance email from NVC

04/17/14 : IV package emailed(Received Auto-reply)

04/17/14 : NVC acknowledges receipt of AOS-notice by email

04/21/14 : AOS approved (No checklist woo hoo, by phoning NVC))

04/21/14 : False check list for IV docs- email from NVC

04/28/14 : NVC reviewed DS-260

04/29/14 : False checklist for IV docs- email from NVC(the second one they've sent me)

05/05/14 : NVC acknowledges receipt of IV- notice by email

05/06/14 : Case Complete

05/14/14 : Interview scheduled--JUNE 25

06/03/14 : Medical with Dr. Ian Zatzman

07/11/14 : POE Qweenston/Lewiston Bridge New York

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

My wife went for her interview yesterday, 10/3, at the US Embassy in Sofia and everything was working according to schedule. She was approved. Today her CEAC status was updated to "issued".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Good to hear things are running okay for now...but I wonder how much longer that will continue? Especially with no end in sight to the shutdown...

Our K-1 Journey
Engaged Aug 22, 2012
I-129F sent March 30, 2013
NOA1 hard copy April 12, 2013
NOA2 July 24, 2013! Approved in 110 days!! No RFE's!dancin5hr.gif

Left USCIS July 30, 2013
NVC received on Aug 7, 2013
Left NVC on Aug 9, 2013
Packet 3 received Aug 16, 2013
Packet 3 sent Aug 20, 2013
Medical: Sept 3, 2013

Interview Oct 21, 2013 - APPROVED!!! biggrin.png kicking.gif

VISA IN HAND! Oct 28, 2013

POE Nov 12, 2013 luv.gif

heart.gif MARRIED! heart.gif December 20th 2013 heart.gif

Amber's twitter----> @Ambernovy

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Latest news on this shutdown and only time will tell how long it will last.

"Federal agencies that deal with immigration will be impacted by the government shutdown. But that doesn’t mean the government’s business with immigration -- from paperwork processing to immigration arrests -- will stop.

Most of the employees in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which oversees immigration enforcement, are considered “essential.” So it’s a priority to keep them on the job. Only a small number of workers are considered “non-essential” and subject to furloughs.

Here’s how the shutdown will impact immigration agencies:

Immigration paperwork

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the agency that processes immigration paperwork, will hardly be impacted at all.

Unlike some other government agencies, they’re almost entirely self-funded. The fees they charge cover 95 percent of their budget, according to spokesperson Christopher Bentley.

One of the agency’s services will be powered down, however. E-Verify, a federal program that checks whether employees are authorized to work in the U.S., is federally funded, and will go dark until funding is restored."

Nephew works for a national park, claims its also self supporting, but sitting at home without pay. He is not very happy, still has to pay the rent. Tourist are not very happy either. Parks have fixed cost, they are going in a hole, labor is only a part of it. Local businesses are also suffering, all because we elected a bunch of idiots to rule us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Is anyone aware of how the government shutdown is going to affect petitions?

As I understand it, new petitions/applications will not be accepted, however in-process ones will continue to be processed. That should mean that speed up the process for those being reviewed, for those of you who are "en-route".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Is anyone aware of how the government shutdown is going to affect petitions?

As I understand it, new petitions/applications will not be accepted, however in-process ones will continue to be processed. That should mean that speed up the process for those being reviewed, for those of you who are "en-route".

Jaskamiin, if you are going to post something like this that is going to upset a lot of people, it would always be better to post your source. Otherwise, it is just "hearsay" and unsubstantiated. The processing of petitions and applications are supported by the fees that we pay - not funded by the US budget.

I troll the immigration news every day, and have not read anything that says this.

Here is the only news I have heard about how the government shutdown is affecting immigration - and it has to do with Immigration Courts:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=230192054

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Will the government shut down affect our paper work in progress? Just wanted to know if anyone else was wondering the same thing. I sent off my I-129F September and with this government shutdown im just wondering how this will affect us.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to General Immigration Discussion Forum~

~Line of inquiry related to many immigration processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to General Immigration-Related Forum~

~Line of inquiry applicable to several visa processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Jaskamiin, if you are going to post something like this that is going to upset a lot of people, it would always be better to post your source. Otherwise, it is just "hearsay" and unsubstantiated. The processing of petitions and applications are supported by the fees that we pay - not funded by the US budget.

I troll the immigration news every day, and have not read anything that says this.

Here is the only news I have heard about how the government shutdown is affecting immigration - and it has to do with Immigration Courts:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=230192054

Sukie

I never said I knew anything, but rather as I understand it. The whole point of the post was a question...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.