254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I guess that makes sense :-(. Sadly.

Bummer! I wonder if scheduled interviews and biometrics appointments will go ahead?

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the Orlando USCIS office is open for business as usual and appointments are still on, as scheduled. Other local offices should be operating the same. The roadblock could be when something leaves USCIS to be processed or USCIS depends on input from other agencies to proceed - FBI, Dept. of State (NVC, embassies), etc.. If USCIS already has what they need for a particular case, I could actually see things speeding up (while they are on hold with other cases).

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Go straight to the source. USCIS website says on the front page "All USCIS Offices Worldwide Are Open". They weren't affected by the shutdown.

OUR Timeline

10/2012 - Met for first time in Texas (One Month Visit)

01/2013 - Met again in England (One Month Visit)

05/2013 - Went to get MARRIED in England (Four Month Visit)

09/2013 - Husband came back to US with me (Three Month Visit)

05/2014 - Husband is coming to visit and will stay till August! (Three Month Visit)

July 2014 - Had a baby!

USCIS - Timeline

06/28/2013 - Got Married in England

08/28/2013 - Sent I130 Packet

09/06/2013 - NOA1 Received

02/24/2014 - Case Transferred to CSC

03/12/2014 - RFE Received in mail

03/28/2014 - RFE Sent Back to USCIS

04/08/2014 - NOA2 Received

NVC - Timeline

04/16/2014 - Case Received at NVC

05/13/2014 - Case # Assigned

05/17/2014 - DS-261 Filed

05/19/2014 - AOS Bill Received / AOS Bill Paid

05/22/2014 - Sent AOS Packet

05/29/2014 - NVC Receives AOS Packet

06/25/2014 - Received IV Bill

06/28/2014 - Paid IV Bill

06/30/2014 - Sent IV Packet

01/23/2015 - Case Complete

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So, we just had our interview at the US Embassy in Paris last week.

We were approved and they told us the Passport would be sent to Washington (where exactyly??) and then once it comes back to the Embassy in Paris they will send it to us in the Courier envelope we provided. Where is our passport likely to be? And will we be affected?

Our wedding is in three and a half weeks and we need that passport back ASAP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Actually, in France it is usually 7-10 days from interview approval.... although with the mail this usually bleeds into just over two weeks. I'm not asking about timing though, I'm asking where it probably went, which building, office, etc.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

OK guys in the field of guessing everyone is entitle to guess ....therefore think what you want to encourage your self

but unfortunately the reality is no good. Do not get mad when you do not get what you expecting mind while the government is partially shut down...

Ah! I recommending do not believe what the MEDIA said; don't be a fool !! we are screwed all the way.

Your posts always make me smile

Filed: Timeline

Actually, in France it is usually 7-10 days from interview approval.... although with the mail this usually bleeds into just over two weeks. I'm not asking about timing though, I'm asking where it probably went, which building, office, etc.

You are talking about getting the visa printed and placed in your foreign passport. I misread what you were asking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Your posts always make me smile

You just made me smile. :-)

Our I-129f was approved in 103 days from your NOA1 date: Approved 8, October 2013.
Our interview took 195 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.
We were approved on 13, January 2014.

Shut that puppy down lol. Those crazy liberals in Washington are destroying this beautiful land. As for the visas in the UK, they will not be affected. The London Embassy issued a press release on the matter: http://london.usembassy.gov/ukpapress139.html

Isaiah 49:5 - My God Shall Be My Strength rolleyes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Shut that puppy down lol. Those crazy liberals in Washington are destroying this beautiful land.

Bad enough someone brings politics into this, it's worse when someone lies as to cause of the shutdown in the first place.

Our I-129f was approved in 103 days from your NOA1 date: Approved 8, October 2013.
Our interview took 195 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.
We were approved on 13, January 2014.

Everything will be affected with different impacts.

{"The State Department could continue processing foreign applications for visas and U.S. applications for passports, since fees are collected to finance those services. Embassies and consulates overseas would continue to provide services to American citizens. However, the State Department warned this week that consular operations at home and abroad would only remain open as long as "there are sufficient fees to support operations."}

Source : http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/29/20745618-a-government-shutdown-what-could-it-look-like?lite

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

I keep reading about USCIS, but what about the embassy? Will those still be open, or..?

Check your embassy's website. They should have a news portal for things just like this.

I checked mine (London) yesterday and they said all systems go. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a small delay (there's bound to be a little chaos with all the confusion) but it's not being shut down.

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My fiance was scheduled for his visa interview in Naples, Italy today. He arrived at 8 AM and they reviewed paperwork, took fingerprints, etc. Just before 2 PM, he was the last scheduled for an interview and they called him to the window for what he thought would be the interview. The person said they were sorry but the consulate was closing and would reopen tomorrow. They told him he will be first in line tomorrow for an interview. Additionally, all those who had the interview today (and all other paperwork in order) are to come back tomorrow to pick up their visas when normally, the visas are given out at 4 PM on the same day.

So the partial government shutdown is affecting pay services. And any political party representatives that tries to change previous policy created by their preceding fellow elected representatives by hijacking current funding of government services and our tax dollars are at best irresponsible and at worst evil.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.