36 posts in this topic

My fiancé went for his interview on the 11th of October. He received a white 221g slip and on the bottom the CO wrote “sent to USCIS for revocation.” Ceac date was updated on the 13th after his interview and showing Ready still. 

On US travel docs it’s showing this message “passport is still with embassy” (it’s not with them it’s with my fiancé and I’m not even sure if the website always said that or not).

interview:

fiancé arrived- woman asked for some documents- she took my 2020 w2 and tax transcripts but not my 2021. She didn’t take my affidavit of support. She didn’t look at our messages or call logs. She didn’t look at our western union or rent receipts. She didn’t look at our itinerary. 

(This woman was a third party Pakistani National not American citizen)

fiancé went to CO window and he only said these things-

how did you meet?

what does she do for work?

how old are you both? (He’s in his 20s I’m in my 30s with a 10 yr age gap)

all he said to him was “that’s unusual” about our age gap and then wrote on the white 221g slip “revocation” and said the interview is done with no answer about any evidence we need just that it’s over and slammed the window in our face. 

Wanted to share this experience in case for others to see or if they had something similar happen and what was the outcome. 

E331C39C-DB90-41B1-981A-9544D3CA9B2B.jpeg

1AAA3381-726B-42D5-B4F0-151D982618FC.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It's really hard to answer your question because you have not completed your timeline:time:

Where are you from? Are you a USC or naturalized?

How did you meet?

How long ago?

Have you met in person?

Has she ever applied to a visa before?

Has she ever been to the US?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

?Has she ever applied to a visa before?

Has she ever been to the US?

I interpreted the OP as saying that OP is a U.S. citizen in her 30s, female, and the alien beneficiary is a male in his 20s. 

Given the consulate, and the age gap (would have been different if the genders were reversed) the abrupt denial and revocation of I-129F aren’t surprising. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, Mike E said:

I interpreted the OP as saying that OP is a U.S. citizen in her 30s, female, and the alien beneficiary is a male in his 20s. 

Given the consulate, and the age gap (would have been different if the genders were reversed) the abrupt denial and revocation of I-129F aren’t surprising. 

aaaaand given the Western Union receipts.... 

Yep, you're right. Age gap as is, and origin, and the Western Union receipts might explain context.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This petition will expire at USCIS.  

46 minutes ago, Worldismine03 said:

My fiancé went for his interview on the 11th of October. He received a white 221g slip and on the bottom the CO wrote “sent to USCIS for revocation.” Ceac date was updated on the 13th after his interview and showing Ready still. 

On US travel docs it’s showing this message “passport is still with embassy” (it’s not with them it’s with my fiancé and I’m not even sure if the website always said that or not).

interview:

fiancé arrived- woman asked for some documents- she took my 2020 w2 and tax transcripts but not my 2021. She didn’t take my affidavit of support. She didn’t look at our messages or call logs. She didn’t look at our western union or rent receipts. She didn’t look at our itinerary. 

(This woman was a third party Pakistani National not American citizen)

fiancé went to CO window and he only said these things-

how did you meet?

what does she do for work?

how old are you both? (He’s in his 20s I’m in my 30s with a 10 yr age gap)

all he said to him was “that’s unusual” about our age gap and then wrote on the white 221g slip “revocation” and said the interview is done with no answer about any evidence we need just that it’s over and slammed the window in our face. 

Wanted to share this experience in case for others to see or if they had something similar happen and what was the outcome. 

E331C39C-DB90-41B1-981A-9544D3CA9B2B.jpeg

1AAA3381-726B-42D5-B4F0-151D982618FC.jpeg

This petition will expire in UCIS.  The best cure is to marry and spend A LOT of time together before interviewing for a spousal visa, imo.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

~~ Topic moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Reports ~~

Unfortunately there is no appeal for K1 applications. You’d be wasting your time waiting for feedback regarding that. Best course of action is applying for spousal visa and (this is very important) spending a lot of in person time together in person. @JeanneAdil can tell you more, their K1 was denied. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Pakistan,  like Moroc and many other high fraud countries ,  are often denied K1 and even CR1 for little evidence of the following:

1.  not spending enough time together to "get to know each other " in USCIS terms

2.  showing the western union or other carrier receipts which "indicate the foreigner is using the USC for money"  ,  again this is in USCIS terms 

3.  a fast development of the relationship

Nolo law firm has the best example for Red Flag issues such as difference in educational background

OP it is worth checking out the following site

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

The CO is not obligated to look at any documents the intending immigrant bought in

she or he has reviewed your packet before the interview

and the Pakistan woman,  CO in this case,  would be a good judge of the culture and norms for Pakistan

Embassies often hire residents of the country / its normal 

OP if you intend to continue the visa process for this man,  you need QUALITY TIME  spent with him AND HIS FAMILY to show they approve and your love is genuine

And marry with the family's approval and apply spouse visa 

understand a CR1 still can be denied /discretion of the CO 

but you can appeal a denied CR1

And BTW i did not get a 221g notice just a denial but our age gap would have been an issue

He should ask for his passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Western Union receipts might explain context.

I missed that and you are 100 percent on point. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry,  i should have read your past post and noted that he is from Afganistan

1. you need to always,  always ID the country of the person as this helps
  2. still the Pakistan woman would have been familiar with his culture and norms 

please do a timeline if u continue and follow thru with a marriage as suggested 

My timeline is up to date in my profile not sure why it’s not showing on here. ☹️

I’m a U.S. citizen he’s Afghan citizen. 
The embassy in Afghanistan is closed.

unfortunately due to Taliban going into Afghanistan our only option for my safety as an American is to see him in Pakistan. I am still with him In Pakistan right now and leaving next week. 

Because he is not from Pakistan and has no family here I had to help him with paying to live here until we can get his visa hence the western union but now when I leave to US he will also leave to Afghanistan.

We are trying to get married here but now are being told one of us has to be a Pakistani citizen and I can’t go to his country due to war. 

I called USCIS today they told me they sent my request and a CO should be calling me within 72 hours. I doubt anything will come from it but I wanna try every option. 

23 minutes ago, Worldismine03 said:

Because he is not from Pakistan and has no family here I had to help him with paying to live here until we can get his visa hence the western union but now when I leave to US he will also leave to Afghanistan.

You can marry with Utah online while you are still there with him. It will serve your purpose and can file I-130 as soon as you return to the US.

https://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/PassMarr/OnlineMarriage.asp

Edited by Family

On 10/14/2022 at 4:13 PM, Crazy Cat said:

This petition will expire at USCIS.  

This petition will expire in UCIS.  The best cure is to marry and spend A LOT of time together before interviewing for a spousal visa, imo.

I don't understand, why many people get approved with 3 days meeting and other denied when they spend many times together?

20 hours ago, Genzo10 said:

I don't understand, why many people get approved with 3 days meeting and other denied when they spend many times together?

It’s totality of the situation and circumstances.   The foreign country involved has a big impact on it as well.

• 1 month later...

My background first...

Me: US Citizen

Husband: Afghan National

Age gap-12 years I am in my early 30s and my husband is in his early 20s

Nationality: We are both Afghan

Religion: We are both Muslim

K1 petition filed : Nov 2021

K1 petition sent back after interview: Oct 2022

Married: Oct 2022

CR1-plan to file in Feb 2023

Visits: 2x 1st visit Oct 2022- 17 days

2nd visit Feb 2023- 10 days

I met my husband originally online on a social media platform. We were not able to meet at that time due to the situation in Afghanistan and borders being closed. After a few months of us talking every single day we decided to get engaged and I started the K1 process (Nov 2021). USCIS approved our 2 year meeting waiver and our case was approved after 2 months (Jan 2022). After he was finally able to leave Afghanistan and go to Pakistan we transferred our case to Islamabad and had our interview for (Oct 2022). I finally flew out to him during his interview time. The Pakistani national only grabbed some of our paperwork. She didn't care about the photos, affidavit of support. Next he went to the CO window and was asked only these questions.

How did we meet?

Where do I work?

How old are we both? (When he said our age he just said this is unusual and nothing else. Gave my fiancé a white 221g form that said "sent back to USCIS for revocation" and the window was slammed shut on my fiancé)

I called USCIS and spoke with a  Consular Officer from the California office & I spoke with my attorney and they both stated it can take over a year to hear back on a reason for the petition being sent back. 

My fiancé and I decided to get married while I was still in Pakistan. Since he was leaving to go back to our country in Afghanistan since we didn't know when we would see each other or what will happen to our case. All his family is in Afghanistan and all of mine are in the U.S. So none of our relatives or friends were able to come to our Nikah (wedding ceremony). We just had our attorney and witnesses that was there for our ceremony and we didn't take any photos. To be honest I didn't even want any taken as I plan on having the ceremony in the U.S with our loved ones.

I am returning to Pakistan on Feb 2023 to finish registering our Nikah paperwork we did in Oct 2022 since we ran out of time and didn't have everything we needed when I was there to finish the registration. After my trip in Feb 2023 when I come back to the U.S. I plan to file the CR1.

My fear now is will I just keep getting denial after denial. Just because of our age gap of 12 years? 

Im scared that no matter all the proper ways I do everything that we wont be approved or that we have to keep going into Admin Processing hell for years. If anyone can share their experience whether you're also an Afghan couple, have an age gap, went through Islamabad embassy. I guess I'm trying to be hopeful but fear of not being with my husband and starting our lives is slowly sinking in. 

Because of work I cant live with him or spend so much time over there. My first visit with him was for 17 days in Oct 2022 and my second visit with him will be for 10 days. I wish I could live there. I have pages and pages of text messages, phone/video calls. I hope I provided as much detail as possible for people to share their stories, advise, or anything. I don't know if there were other red flags in our case besides the age (which to me isn't even a red flag) as our own prophet was married at 25 to his first wife Khadija who was around 40.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, JeanneAdil said:

Pakistan,  like Moroc and many other high fraud countries ,  are often denied K1 and even CR1 for little evidence of the following:

1.  not spending enough time together to "get to know each other " in USCIS terms

2.  showing the western union or other carrier receipts which "indicate the foreigner is using the USC for money"  ,  again this is in USCIS terms 

3.  a fast development of the relationship

Nolo law firm has the best example for Red Flag issues such as difference in educational background

OP it is worth checking out the following site

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

The CO is not obligated to look at any documents the intending immigrant bought in

she or he has reviewed your packet before the interview

and the Pakistan woman,  CO in this case,  would be a good judge of the culture and norms for Pakistan

Embassies often hire residents of the country / its normal 

OP if you intend to continue the visa process for this man,  you need QUALITY TIME  spent with him AND HIS FAMILY to show they approve and your love is genuine

And marry with the family's approval and apply spouse visa 

understand a CR1 still can be denied /discretion of the CO 

but you can appeal a denied CR1

And BTW i did not get a 221g notice just a denial but our age gap would have been an issue

He should ask for his passport

Thank you @jeanneAdil for the advise. Im going back to see him in Feb 2023 for 10 days. My first visit with him was for 17days. He is back in Afghanistan now and because of the issues with the Taliban I am unable to meet him there or visit with his family. And his family doesnt have passports or the means to leave to meet me in Pakistan. Hopefully this doesnt come back to bite me either later on as this is something out of my control.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.