veronicabiondi

Husband is an Inmate..What do we do?

95 posts in this topic

Ok, let me clear something. I'm not wealthy. It happens that I'm good at what I do and companies pay a lot for those skills. Yes, that allows me to enjoy a certain lifestyle and I am an independent woman but I'm not wealthy.

Why some women marry prisoners. I would certainly not advice it and I will not discuss my personal story in detail but it happened. It happened to me and I made a choice. Few years ago, when I visited him, I saw an elderly inmate.  He was very old, his wife was there, taking care of him. She was so energetic and bubbly and I won't forget how she was looking at him. Before he needs anything, she would bring it to him. She married him while in prison many many years ago. They never shared a bed together but you could  feel that bond, a bond that even free couples don't have. What do you say about that? Should we all go and start marrying law breakers? No, my point is that it can happen.

Regardless how this works out with immigrations, I know we will grow old together and we will figure it out, some how it will work. As long as there are possibilities, it will work out, just not with the timelines we would hope for.

1 hour ago, veronicabiondi said:

They never shared a bed together but you could  feel that bond, a bond that even free couples don't have. What do you say about that? Should we all go and start marrying law breakers? No, my point is that it can happen.

Regardless how this works out with immigrations, I know we will grow old together and we will figure it out, some how it will work. As long as there are possibilities, it will work out, just not with the timelines we would hope for.

Oh please relax, no judgement from me. I married the same idiot ( twice ) and he shared our “bed” with uninvited guests…(yup divorce happening)

I know you want the immigration attorneys to give assurances “ of where you stand” since you’ve made up your mind to do Consular Process and you would  prefer your ESTA not to be disrupted during the process…but nothing to lose with filing . IF you truly want to move to Ohio and spend a decade away from mom, friends and the other pieces of your life.

No need to sweat bullets when crossing because many many travel freely during the I-130 consular process and when directly questioned have answered “ visiting spouse” . 

Edited by Family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, veronicabiondi said:

How do i get to see him if he has to do all remaining years?!!!

EB-5 / Investor visa 

I think you should cross that bridge if you get to it.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, veronicabiondi said:

@JeanneAdil I understand your concerns. Unfortunately, he was an addict. His story is really common. Like many of those US youngsters that despite the good family background, they make bad choices. His family created something of great value but he didn't have access to it. That's family history and it's in the past.

My husband never asked for anything but as a couple we are trying avenues and we try to create possibilities. 

i strongly febel everyone deserves a second chance 

but it's going to be a struggle 

thru out this process 

best to u

just understand that when u consulted different attorneys and they gave conflicting advice

the one who said "It can be done"  might  not be the honest of the pile 

it clearly says that an Ohio inmate cannot own property /mostly this is because they seize cars ,  houses ,etc for drug convictions

but it applies to all Class C felons 

make sure the lawyer is honest with u and not just after money 

Class C felonies are the third-to-the-highest in the class ranking.. This is a high-level felony, and is the worst kind of felony. These include crimes such as arson, burglary, armed robbery, voluntary manslaughter and murder. Class C felonies may involve: Aggravated assault.

13 minutes ago, veronicabiondi said:

Before you extend your unsolicited analysis, know what you're talking about. BTW that's not just for answering forums but in general

Happy to sit this out , hopefully you will get more helpful input. Try also typing in a search term on top right, perhaps use petitioner in prison , you will be able to see posts from as far back as 2008 and can DM posters directly. 
Here’s one such https://www.google.com/url?client=internal-element-cse&cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263:9725800110&q=https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/544569-filing-for-i-130-while-in-prison/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiU1qTloe75AhWLD0QIHcLTBJkQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3a2JDgHg508c8IgeXopWV5

Good Luck 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, veronicabiondi said:

I know we will grow old together and we will figure it out, some how it will work.

True love is a very powerful thing, if you truly love each other, eventually you will be able to live together somewhere.  Others have been successful in similar circumstances.  It's pretty clear from your original post and responses that you are fully aware of the scrutiny your husband's I-130 petition will receive.  You seem to have done your homework and have been accumulating lots of documentation to show that the relationship is bona fide (multiple visits, co-mingling finances, etc.).  Your patience and positive attitude will serve you well throughout the long process of US immigration, if that's what you decide to do.  Good luck and all the best!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, veronicabiondi said:

@Family Before you extend your unsolicited analysis, know what you're talking about. BTW that's not just for answering forums but in general, it's smart to know what you're talking about before you start giving away your "analysis". I didn't ask for it, I'm not an essay to be analysed. I knew that in this forum there have been few ladies that managed to complete this process, for that reason I called out for people that have gone through this process. I didn't ask for suggestions or analysis on what I should be doing with my life. Uncalled for.  I asked a very simple question. I asked if they hired a lawyer or they filed themselves and I asked for details on the process.

But nevertheless, we don't have conjugal visits. Not allowed in Ohio. Second, my house is in Ohio, I never stated that's next to the facility. I did say that when I'm there I only visit him. Also @Boiler that picture you posted, not sure how is it linked to what I asked. However, I understand the meaning of your message and again, uncalled for. I don't want to be rude and I appreciate that people take time to read this but @Family and you have turned this into a social viral thingy and that's not what I'm looking for, so if you can't help, please ignore this thread.

I've given enough information about this case. Again, for anyone who knows or has experienced this. I haven't filed yet but there is a property of a certain value in Ohio that I purchased. At the moment, I'm the main owner of this property. If I rent it out, based on the year that this was built and the condition, I can easily give it away for 1500$ monthly rent. That would easily generate income in US continuously. If that's not enough, then I could consider purchasing a second property to rent it out as well.  This is to tackle the financial requirements and the "joint sponsor" blocker. I've had consultation with attorneys and I know that we don't have to have a join sponsor in my case. We have been married for nearly 4 years and we haven't filed yet and I don't think I will be filing any time soon. Husband is filing for judicial release next year. I'm also thinking to wait for that outcome. His attorney expressed that the serving judge will want to meet me. I'm thinking that its wise to wait. I'm not in hurry to file.

Thank you all for reading this. If anyone could bring me in contact with those ladies that completed this process, that would be great!

Thanks all

Good morning for me! I haven't forgotten about you. I tagged a lady yesterday that was in a similar situation, but that's not the only person that was successful, and I am actually talking about someone else. Let me see if I could find her now with some more caffeine on me haha.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

*** Moderator reminder to keep things civil in here and post appropriate advice. Also a reminder that it is against the site's TOS to prevent others to post. If you feel a post is in violation of the terms of posting, please report it. Refrain from insinuating people to not post.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I found them!!! 

@mattelo is the one that did the K1 and got a 10 year green card. You're not doing a K1 since you're already married if I remember correctly, but maybe reading this post of her would help.

I don't know if she's still around. Her last log in was Oct. 2021.

@Jill Mackie was in the process last time I heard about her. Her last log in was August 2021.

Sorry I couldn't get any more recent ones, but maybe these pointers will help!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several posts that were either noncontributory or strayed from the topic have been removed.  Heed the earlier Moderation warning.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Just to add: I found this post that may be helpful: 

It looks like @mallafri76 is still on VJ occasionally and is willing to respond to private messages.

23 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Assets cant be primary home. Will this be rental property? Plus all assets if you choose to use them would have to be in a US bank account of petitioner. Your property in your country also does not count unless you sell it and deposit monies in US bank account.

Show me where USCIS say assets can't be a primary home

23 hours ago, Mike E said:

She can rent an apartment in the USA to be the primary home. Or buy another home in joint title. Or open a joint bank account. 

Show me where USCIS say assets can't be a primary home

5 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:
8 hours ago, veronicabiondi said:

@Family Before you extend your unsolicited analysis, know what you're talking about. BTW that's not just for answering forums but in general, it's smart to know what you're talking about before you start giving away your "analysis". I didn't ask for it, I'm not an essay to be analysed. I knew that in this forum there have been few ladies that managed to complete this process, for that reason I called out for people that have gone through this process. I didn't ask for suggestions or analysis on what I should be doing with my life. Uncalled for.  I asked a very simple question. I asked if they hired a lawyer or they filed themselves and I asked for details on the process.

But nevertheless, we don't have conjugal visits. Not allowed in Ohio. Second, my house is in Ohio, I never stated that's next to the facility. I did say that when I'm there I only visit him. Also @Boiler that picture you posted, not sure how is it linked to what I asked. However, I understand the meaning of your message and again, uncalled for. I don't want to be rude and I appreciate that people take time to read this but @Family and you have turned this into a social viral thingy and that's not what I'm looking for, so if you can't help, please ignore this thread.

I've given enough information about this case. Again, for anyone who knows or has experienced this. I haven't filed yet but there is a property of a certain value in Ohio that I purchased. At the moment, I'm the main owner of this property. If I rent it out, based on the year that this was built and the condition, I can easily give it away for 1500$ monthly rent. That would easily generate income in US continuously. If that's not enough, then I could consider purchasing a second property to rent it out as well.  This is to tackle the financial requirements and the "joint sponsor" blocker. I've had consultation with attorneys and I know that we don't have to have a join sponsor in my case. We have been married for nearly 4 years and we haven't filed yet and I don't think I will be filing any time soon. Husband is filing for judicial release next year. I'm also thinking to wait for that outcome. His attorney expressed that the serving judge will want to meet me. I'm thinking that its wise to wait. I'm not in hurry to file.

Thank you all for reading this. If anyone could bring me in contact with those ladies that completed this process, that would be great!

Thanks all

Good morning for me! I haven't forgotten about you. I tagged a lady yesterday that was in a similar situation, but that's not the only person that was successful, and I am actually talking about someone else. Let me see if I could find her now with some more caffeine on me haha.

I wonder if OP ‘s research w immigration attorneys or even the successful VJ posters encountered USCIS pushback on the issue of unconsummated marriage in the context of I-130, since OP stated OHIO does not allow such…..?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Family said:

I wonder if OP ‘s research w immigration attorneys or even the successful VJ posters encountered USCIS pushback on the issue of unconsummated marriage in the context of I-130, since OP stated OHIO does not allow such…..?

She has visited and presumably can substantiate having done so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.