Wilsanjo

Need Help Getting US Child to the USA

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wilsanjo said:

can she get like a visiting visa pretending to bring the child for visit since the child has a US passport?

Ghana is a high fraud country, so they rarely give visit visas anyways. 

Her child is a USC. By default, immigration officers assume immigrant intent when dealing with B1 B2 visas, especially if mother has a USC child. That's going to be a hard no for her.

Even if she gets a visa that way, that has nothing to do with you. It is not going to affect you.

On the other hand, you need legal authorization from the mom to bring the child over.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

anyone can apply for tourist visa if that's what you are asking.

not everyone will get tourist visa though. they need to show strong ties with their home country. 

to have USC child is actually / usually made it harder for them to get non immigrant visa.

im not clear with ur question. what are u trying to find out ? 

what the mother of child wants to do with her life its up to her, nothing u can do about it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The way you describe her a visitor visa sounds very unlikely 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Wilsanjo said:

Is there any  possibility that she can be given a visa based on the child’s citizen for her to immigrate to the USA if I don’t file for her?  

Only the B2 visa is an option.  There are no special visa categories for a parent of a USC child.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Timona said:

With her cheating, you need to do a DNA test to ascertain if that's even your kid. If you find out it's not, you wash your hands, contact embassy and get that PP recalled. 

Ooo and prepare for gaslighting and backlash while you seek that DNA. 

To avoid this, I wouldn't even mention a thing. If you have trusted folks down there, just tell her to drop off baby because the trusted friends wanna spend time. Then when baby is dropped, have that trusted family take it for DNA without mom's knowledge. That will save you $$$ airfare and time to go do it yourself. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

47 minutes ago, Wilsanjo said:

What I mean is, can she get like a visiting visa pretending to bring the child for visit since the child has a US passport? One of her friends told me that she wants to use the child to come to USA and then marry someone else. I don’t know if that’s possible. 

If you are certain you are not forgiving the alleged infidelity, then she too can move on , so to speak and find another USC “ to love and cherish til death= marry “ even from Ghana. 

May I ask why you waited so long to marry and petition her yourself? 
This considering quite some time has passed ( time to impregnate, pregnancy..CBRA for baby)…yet you were on the fence about commitment?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if the dude she is talking to is USC ,  he may file for her for K1 or spouse 

could be he thinks the child is his

Get the DNA 

and if someone else does petition her successfully,   and its your child ,  go to family court in us for at least visitation rights 

and if yours ,  support the baby,  the child is not responsible for what adults do 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With the Baby Momma situation I was assuming they had done the DNA to get the CRBA

If she was able to get to the US with the child be prepared to have your wallet emptied 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

37 minutes ago, Timona said:

With her cheating, you need to do a DNA test to ascertain if that's even your kid. If you find out it's not, you wash your hands, contact embassy and get that PP recalled. 

DNA was done after I noticed that she was cheating behind my back. It’s confirmed that the child is mine. 

31 minutes ago, Family said:

If you are certain you are not forgiving the alleged infidelity, then she too can move on , so to speak and find another USC “ to love and cherish til death= marry “ even from Ghana. 

May I ask why you waited so long to marry and petition her yourself? 
This considering quite some time has passed ( time to impregnate, pregnancy..CBRA for baby)…yet you were on the fence about commitment?

I met her in a course of a year and my second visit she got pregnant. Prior to that, I was hearing hearsay but didn’t want to believe anyone until there was evidence to proof me right. And sure with time, it happened. Child just turned 1year in May. I had the paperwork put together to file but the delay was on her part. According her, she played DV with someone as a married couple and went for interview but they were denied. Therefore,  she needed to go through the process of divorce before I could send the K1 visa in. According to her, the marriage wasn’t legit I was actually planning to send in the paperwork after returning  for my daughters birthday but now, with what I know, I am not going forward with sending the petition. 

Edited by Wilsanjo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wilsanjo said:

If this is a possibility, yes! 

Family court in that country.  No other way.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Only the B2 visa is an option.  There are no special visa categories for a parent of a USC child.

For a U.S. citizen child to petition for a parent, the child must be at least 21 years of age.

plus live in the US

First I commend you for continuing to support your child and respect your decision on what you decided about any help to the child’s mom…but be realistic it’s what the entire family will be scraping by on…without you having much say so. 

A quick search shows you are in a tough spot w the Ghana Family Courts ( Ghana is not a Hague Convention Country and has a corrupt court system) . 
The best I can imagine if other parent refuses to allow child to relocate permanently to the US and accepts to GIVE UP her child to you ( which is what you are asking) , then you need to PAY the right hands and have a local attorney do something equivalent to a Paternity Petition Claim and get a Ghana Court  ordered custody visitation schedule that INCLUDES permission to travel internationally…for at least summer vacations to be spent with you in the US 

read attached:

https://www.international-divorce.com/ghana_family_law

24 minutes ago, Boiler said:

With the Baby Momma situation I was assuming they had done the DNA to get the CRBA

If she was able to get to the US with the child be prepared to have your wallet emptied 

I would never have a problem supporting my child Lol. I assume, if I cater to my responsibility, what’s the need of putting me on child support? Even putting me on child support, wouldn’t it be the same as taking care of my child? No big deal here :) 

Edited by Wilsanjo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.