Wilsanjo

Need Help Getting US Child to the USA

64 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I had child abroad with a foreign citizen and did the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and also applied for the child’s US Passport. The passport was printed by the US embassy in the foreign citizen home country and was picked up by child’s mother when it was ready.

I was thinking on immigrating both the child and mother to USA. However, upon my visit few months ago, I realized she was chatting with dudes and cheating behind by back. Because of this sad situation, I don’t trust her anymore and only want to get my child out of her country because of the lack of opportunities for my child. 

she is adamant and wouldn’t allow me to fly the child to the USA. Is there help out there that could help me getting the child from her? Moreover, financially, she can’t afford to take care of the child. All responsibilities for my child and her families have been on shoulder until I knew she’s cheating behind my back. I’ve decided to cut all support to family and only take care of my child at point. 

please help if you know of anyway I could get my child fit the USA. 

Edited by Wilsanjo
Typo

Which country are they in right now? Depending on the country, if the parents are unmarried, it's possible for the mother to have automatic sole custody of the child (ex. Philippines).

Your child would be able to petition for their mother... after the child becomes 21 years old.

2 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Which country are they in right now? Depending on the country, if the parents are unmarried, it's possible for the mother to have automatic sole custody of the child (ex. Philippines).

Your child would be able to petition for their mother... after the child becomes 21 years old.

They are in Ghana, West Africa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Most courts would not give the father sole custody unless there is something very disturbing 

Best to consult a local family lawyer 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

***moved to subforum Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, where similar topics are discussed***

Hopefully someone with expertise in Ghana will chime in soon. 

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Most courts would not give the father sole custody unless there is something very disturbing 

Best to consult a local family lawyer 

Is there any  possibility that she can be given a visa based on the child’s citizen for her to immigrate to the USA if I don’t file for her?  

9 minutes ago, Wilsanjo said:

Is there any  possibility that she can be given a visa based on the child’s citizen for her to immigrate to the USA if I don’t file for her?  

yes. when ur kid is over 21, kid can petition the mother if the kid wants to

kid need to live in certain year in US to be able to do that

Edited by Misscloud

1 minute ago, Misscloud said:

yes. when ur kid is over 21, kid can petition the mother if the kid wants to

kid need to live in certain year in US to be able to do that

What I mean is, can she get like a visiting visa pretending to bring the child for visit since the child has a US passport? One of her friends told me that she wants to use the child to come to USA and then marry someone else. I don’t know if that’s possible. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.