Jump to content
daniel_and_lily

K1 Visa Rejected Due to Lack of Evidence of Relationship (Vietnam)

65 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After waiting since April due to covid, my fiance finally had her interview today and was rejected. We have met 5 times prior to covid and haven't been able to be together for over 1.5 years due to covid. The interviewer said they did not have time to look over the paperwork, and in the same breath told my fiance that she didn't bring enough evidence to support our case that we have a "bona fide relationship". It's very very unclear to me how we can provide more evidence supporting our relationship when the time wasn't taken to review the material that we brought in the first place. How can we have any chance to win on this?  They asked her if I was present (which clearly I was not) and it's not possible to go to Vietnam currently because they're still closed from covid. That seems like a really stupid question to even ask her since they've been closed since March 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
36 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

After waiting since April due to covid, my fiance finally had her interview today and was rejected. We have met 5 times prior to covid and haven't been able to be together for over 1.5 years due to covid. The interviewer said they did not have time to look over the paperwork, and in the same breath told my fiance that she didn't bring enough evidence to support our case that we have a "bona fide relationship". It's very very unclear to me how we can provide more evidence supporting our relationship when the time wasn't taken to review the material that we brought in the first place. How can we have any chance to win on this?  They asked her if I was present (which clearly I was not) and it's not possible to go to Vietnam currently because they're still closed from covid. That seems like a really stupid question to even ask her since they've been closed since March 2020. 

Most applications get "refused" after the interview since they need to go through administrative processing. Did they give back her passport or did they keep it? I assume a blue form means they're requesting more evidence, so your fiance should definitely send the embassy everything she has. The status will be "refused" until the embassy receives what they need to make a decision. 


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Most applications get "refused" after the interview since they need to go through administrative processing. Did they give back her passport or did they keep it? I assume a blue form means they're requesting more evidence, so your fiance should definitely send the embassy everything she has. The status will be "refused" until the embassy receives what they need to make a decision. 

From the OP, it sounds much more like a hard denial than an AP type of refusal....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

From the OP, it sounds much more like a hard denial than an AP type of refusal....

The blue paper is a request for more evidence. It's not as dire as a hard denial but I saw the stacks and stacks of paper she put together for the interview. She was up until 4am every night for days putting this together. She is gutted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, Scandi said:

They're asking for more evidence so you basically need to scramble and collect every little thing you can possibly think of and send it to them.

To me the really frustrating thing is them saying she didn't bring enough evidence when they didn't even look through what she brought.

Edited by daniel_and_lily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

To me the really frustrating thing is them saying she didn't bring enough evidence when they didn't even look through what she brought.

Did they at least keep what she brought? If so, they may look at it later on, and maybe they do feel it's enough when they do. 

 

If they didn't keep it, send it in. Everything you can think of.

 

This is far from the first story on this forum regarding awkward or even horrible consulate officer experiences, from what I have seen of your post in this thread this particular situation wasn't that bad. Just give them what they asked for and things will likely be fine. 


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did her evidence include recently (e.g. from the last week) signed and dated statements from each of you saying you intent to marry within 90 days of her entering the USA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
12 hours ago, daniel_and_lily said:

The blue paper is a request for more evidence. It's not as dire as a hard denial but I saw the stacks and stacks of paper she put together for the interview. She was up until 4am every night for days putting this together. She is gutted. 

So what evidence did they ask for?  If their issue is that you haven't seen each other in a year and a half, that will be difficult to overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi there! I don't have first hand experience with K1s, but I have been in this forum long enough to tell you that a RFE is not as bad as it looks. They are giving you another chance to prove that your relationship is a bona fide one. I understand that you're frustrated because they haven't looked at the evidence you prepared -that sucks! However, focus on what the RFE says and what you CAN produce. Take a deep breath, try to calm down, read the RFE over and over again and start brainstorming. Maybe you can even post the letter here (blur personal identifying info) and maybe we can give you suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

So what evidence did they ask for?  If their issue is that you haven't seen each other in a year and a half, that will be difficult to overcome.

I think she said something like more pictures of us together or something. But I don't think that can have been all.

 

Turns out they also asked her for my divorce papers from my previous marriage (this came up after I posted this in discussion). This was listed as one of the items in Packet3k that she was supposed to bring, but did not. 

When I contacted their office via their form, they also linked me to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-iv-221ginfo.asp

 

It should be noted that one of the most frustrating aspect is their first come, first serve system for booking an appointment. It's near impossible to actually book an appointment. There's literally a bunch of women who sit refreshing their screen every few minutes ALL DAY in order to book an appointment. However, there's never a set schedule for when new appointment slots are available, it can be any time around the clock. We had been trying since April to be able to book this appointment.

 

28 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Hi there! I don't have first hand experience with K1s, but I have been in this forum long enough to tell you that a RFE is not as bad as it looks. They are giving you another chance to prove that your relationship is a bona fide one. I understand that you're frustrated because they haven't looked at the evidence you prepared -that sucks! However, focus on what the RFE says and what you CAN produce. Take a deep breath, try to calm down, read the RFE over and over again and start brainstorming. Maybe you can even post the letter here (blur personal identifying info) and maybe we can give you suggestions!

 

Thank you. Attaching blue as you suggest.


redacted_blue_letter.png

Edited by daniel_and_lily
respond to quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes not having the original divorce certificate is dangerous.  We had it for the K-1 interview and were not asked for it.  We had it at the I-485 interview and were asked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...