daniel_and_lily

K1 Visa Rejected Due to Lack of Evidence of Relationship (Vietnam)

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
39 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

I think she said something like more pictures of us together or something. But I don't think that can have been all.

Turns out they also asked her for my divorce papers from my previous marriage (this came up after I posted this in discussion). This was listed as one of the items in Packet3k that she was supposed to bring, but did not. 

When I contacted their office via their form, they also linked me to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-iv-221ginfo.asp

It should be noted that one of the most frustrating aspect is their first come, first serve system for booking an appointment. It's near impossible to actually book an appointment. There's literally a bunch of women who sit refreshing their screen every few minutes ALL DAY in order to book an appointment. However, there's never a set schedule for when new appointment slots are available, it can be any time around the clock. We had been trying since April to be able to book this appointment.

Thank you. Attaching blue as you suggest.

redacted_blue_letter.png

Thank you. Though it is hard to read because it is too small. However, it is not a denial, and they are asking for things which hopefully you can produce.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Let me ask, when you filed your I-129F what did you submit as evidence to prov your bonafide relationship?

The interview is really not  the time to introduce new evidence there's just not enough tie. Also reading through these forums now 10+ years I know Vietnam is very very hard on K1's they rarely approve. That might be it also. and the 1.5 gap probably hurts your case too. But hopefully submitting the evidence as instructed by the 221g will get you approved.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Also reading through these forums now 10+ years I know Vietnam is very very hard on K1's they rarely approve.

Agree.  This is why I'm hoping @aaron2020 sees this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

Thank you. Though it is hard to read because it is too small. However, it is not a denial, and they are asking for things which hopefully you can produce.

If you click on the photo a couple of times it opens up in the browser and you can zoom in. It's a very straight-forward letter, it basically explains that the beneficiary didn't prepare enough for the interview. The letter mentions this:

-She missed bringing vital documents, the letter mentions a divorce decree from the petitioner AND the beneficiary, so I assume the beneficiary has been married before too.

-Apparently they also didn't provide any evidence of actually meeting in person, the letter is asking for proof of purchase of plane ticktes (credit card statements that show the amount, date etc). 

-Provide ALL evidence they have of a bonafide relationship as the CO doesn't believe the relationship is bonafide.

-They want a list of all relatives the beneficiary has in the US (this shouldd've been listed on the DS-160 already, so did they miss that or does the CO just want extra clarification?)

-Petitioner AND beneficiary should download and fill out a form called "Family Relationships".

-They request the petitioner to write a letter about how they met, dates etc. Details about their relationship.

-Both need to provide addresses where they actually live, and email addresses.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Scandi said:

-She missed bringing vital documents, the letter mentions a divorce decree from the petitioner AND the beneficiary, so I assume the beneficiary has been married before too.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. This blue paper is not individually customized but it's a generic document. So no, the beneficiary has not been married before.

Apparently they also didn't provide any evidence of actually meeting in person, the letter is asking for proof of purchase of plane ticktes (credit card statements that show the amount, date etc). 

We absolutely provided this. Screenshots from chats, printed copies of boarding passes, pictures of us, pictures of me and her family (uncles, aunts, cousins, and siblings), bank statements showing other expenses,  all dated with comments and in chronological order.
I'm not sure why you're painting a picture that we're somehow sloppy here. My fiancé was up until 4am many many nights getting this ready.

-They want a list of all relatives the beneficiary has in the US (this shouldd've been listed on the DS-160 already, so did they miss that or does the CO just want extra clarification?)

she doesn't have any and she provided this information during the interview

What I'm trying to tell you, and everyone else here, is that we tried to give absolutely everything in packet3k. I am pretty sure my fiancé had my divorce papers with her, because I had sent it to her, but she found this to be a very stressful situation, and may simply have forgotten. She was primed by other people that the interview process was difficult.

You're just reading what the blue form. Fine, but don't assume we got this form because we were completely lacking. It's not fair at all for you to assume this.
As I've said, this is a very generic refusal form, and it doesn't say what we've missed. That's why we're confused since we brought a lot of paperwork they didn't even look at. I do believe even the divorce papers.

signal-2021-11-19-130800 (1).png

Edited by daniel_and_lily

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Let me ask, when you filed your I-129F what did you submit as evidence to prov your bonafide relationship?

The interview is really not  the time to introduce new evidence there's just not enough tie. Also reading through these forums now 10+ years I know Vietnam is very very hard on K1's they rarely approve. That might be it also. and the 1.5 gap probably hurts your case too. But hopefully submitting the evidence as instructed by the 221g will get you approved.

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancée Visa for Lily and the following supporting documents (in order):

Payment of $535.00 made to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
1 Divorce Decree(s) for Sponsor
I-129F Supplement: Page 8, Part 2, Question 54, explanation of meeting
A 2"x2" color passport-style photograph of the petitioner
A 2"x2" color passport-style photograph of the beneficiary
Sponsor's Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Letter from Sponsor certifying intent to marry Alien
Letter from Alien certifying intent to marry Sponsor
Proof of Having Met in the Past Two Years

I used rapidvisa to submit my paperwork, and they looked over all the paperwork and made sure it was OK. I had to re-submit because they found some things and made suggestions too. But I did not submit a whole lot of evidence at that time as I recall, I just followed the instructions for the form and rapidvisa. It's all well and good to submit the stuff from the 221g, but it's unclear to me what in there we weren't providing to their satisfaction since they didn't even look at the paperwork she brought. And it could be they didn't look because she didn't provide the divorce papers and already thought it was missing, but reading that blue paper (and it is difficult to read from a photo) 

Edited by daniel_and_lily

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
18 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

We absolutely provided this. Screenshots from chats, printed copies of boarding passes, pictures of us, pictures of me and her family (uncles, aunts, cousins, and siblings), bank statements showing other expenses,  all dated with comments and in chronological order.

Did you provide this during i129f or bring only at the interview?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Anyway at this time there is no point whay they did that or so. Each embassy has different requirements depending upon the country. Provide as many evidences as possible related to anything asked in that document. Don't go by we've already submitted it. Just provide again. Hopefully she will be approved.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

37 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

You're making a lot of assumptions here. This blue paper is not individually customized but it's a generic document. So no, the beneficiary has not been married before.

I'm not sure why you're painting a picture that we're somehow sloppy here. My fiancé was up until 4am many many nights getting this ready.

she doesn't have any and she provided this information during the interview

What I'm trying to tell you, and everyone else here, is that we tried to give absolutely everything in packet3k. I am pretty sure my fiancé had my divorce papers with her, because I had sent it to her, but she found this to be a very stressful situation, and may simply have forgotten. She was primed by other people that the interview process was difficult.

You're just reading what the blue form. Fine, but don't assume we got this form because we were completely lacking. It's not fair at all for you to assume this.
As I've said, this is a very generic refusal form, and it doesn't say what we've missed. That's why we're confused since we brought a lot of paperwork they didn't even look at. I do believe even the divorce papers.

signal-2021-11-19-130800 (1).png

Your attitude seems to be that the contents of the blue form are generic and don’t apply to you.   IMHO, it is risky to look at it this way.

If you want the visa, my best advice is to comply with absolutely requested in the letter.   Even if is duplicating things.   Even if you think it’s stupid.

Failing that, get married and do a CR-1.  

You’re dealing with a very difficult consulate for K-1s, with no recent time spent together in person.   

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Your attitude seems to be that the contents of the blue form are generic and don’t apply to you.   IMHO, it is risky to look at it this way.

If you want the visa, my best advice is to comply with absolutely requested in the letter.   Even if is duplicating things.   Even if you think it’s stupid.

Failing that, get married and do a CR-1.  

You’re dealing with a very difficult consulate for K-1s, with no recent time spent together in person.   

I intend to comply with the form. Just finding it frustrating given that we've provided a lot of documentation. We literally have spoken with each other every single day for 3 years, and I'm insulted that someone would even think that our relationship is fake. The frustration with covid is never-ending too. I've been trying to get over to Vietnam ever since they shut down. I've paid thousands of dollars to get a business visa, which is now suspect and I can't get in via that  route either and it looks like I will have to reapply as a foreign expert once again delaying the process by another 2-3 months. I just want to see my fiance. I didn't see her since February 2020 because of covid.

1 minute ago, daniel_and_lily said:

I intend to comply with the form. Just finding it frustrating given that we've provided a lot of documentation. We literally have spoken with each other every single day for 3 years, and I'm insulted that someone would even think that our relationship is fake. The frustration with covid is never-ending too. I've been trying to get over to Vietnam ever since they shut down. I've paid thousands of dollars to get a business visa, which is now suspect and I can't get in via that  route either and it looks like I will have to reapply as a foreign expert once again delaying the process by another 2-3 months. I just want to see my fiance. I didn't see her since February 2020 because of covid.

You can thank those from her country who have perpetuated fraud for the additional scrutiny.

And the global situation  with Covid is obviously out of the US embassy’s control.   

For  others in this situation (pre-interview), I would definitely recommend not going for 18 months without a visit, to a third country if need be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I really feel for your situation.  I remember the time and effort we spent putting our evidence package together so for them not to believe it would be totally frustrating.  I heard that Cambodia just opened up to foreign tourist with no quarantine and just a vaccine proof as requirement of entry.  Maybe you guys could meet up there.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, nathan92845 said:

I really feel for your situation.  I remember the time and effort we spent putting our evidence package together so for them not to believe it would be totally frustrating.  I heard that Cambodia just opened up to foreign tourist with no quarantine and just a vaccine proof as requirement of entry.  Maybe you guys could meet up there.

thank you, this is exactly what we're looking at doing now. I actually got the business visa to go to Vietnam too, but the airline isn't letting me book with yet another paper I didn't get (for some unknown reason). so I'm going to see if I can enter Vietnam using my visa.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
26 minutes ago, daniel_and_lily said:

thank you, this is exactly what we're looking at doing now. I actually got the business visa to go to Vietnam too, but the airline isn't letting me book with yet another paper I didn't get (for some unknown reason). so I'm going to see if I can enter Vietnam using my visa.

The unknown reason is that you need clearance from the Vietnam consulate/embassy to be able to fly into Vietnam while borders are closed.  While you have a visa, you didn't get the clearance from the Vietnam consulate/embassy to fly in.  That's the problem there.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

K-1 and marriage fraud is pervasive at the US Consulate in HCMC.  The guess is that 1 out of 6 couples are fake.

Sorry that you are insulted that the US consulate doesn't believe that your relationship is real.  It's their job to ferret out fake relationships.  Your relationship will be examined when she files for AOS and when she files for ROC.  So get used to your relationship being questioned (because they are doing their jobs) and provide good evidence with your submissions.  

You did not front-load your I-129f and that was a mistake.  The US Consulate must consider documents submitted with the I-129f.  They are under no obligation to look at evidence your fiancee brought to her interview.  An interview takes 10 minutes at a window.  There isn't enough time to go through it all.  This is why it is wise to understand the inner workings of the US Consulate HCMC.  FRONT-LOAD.  EVERYONE GOING THROUGH THE K-1 or CR-1 PROCESS SHOULD FRONT-LOAD THEIR PETITIONS.

Not having the divorce decree is a huge problem.  

Provide the informations that they want and hope for the best.  

Not visiting during COVID is not a problem.  It has been nearly impossible to get into Vietnam.  This is NOT why this case was not approved at the interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.